• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Farfugnügen

Here it is kids, copied and pasted from another forum:

Displacement bid due out today...

"As many of you know, we have been overstaffed for some time. In fact, we postponed a scheduled October 2008 furlough in anticipation that attrition would lower staffing levels over an 8-10 month period. Unfortunately, since our March furlough notification letter, attrition rates have declined and an additional eight aircraft have been retired from our fleet."

".....Currently, we plan to furlough approximately 250 pilots through January 2010."

... Mesa Sucks.

I am surprised it's that many. Anyway now that these pilots have a taste of Mesa they probably won't be back. Some will leave the flying gig all together-the airline experiment did not work out well for them. When the hiring boom does hit in a couple of years, Mesa will be back to losing 700+ pilots a year again.

Im so sorry to hear they are being furloughed. I really wish they were losing their jobs. Mesa Pilots are ******************************bags!

Im so sorry to hear they are being furloughed. I really wish they were losing their jobs. Mesa Pilots are ******************************bags!

Although I don't work for Mesa but did in previous years, I'll ask you to come talk like that to my face. You can be sure you won't be flying anything when you lose your medical.

Although I don't work for Mesa but did in previous years, I'll ask you to come talk like that to my face. You can be sure you won't be flying anything when you lose your medical.

Wooo-eeeee! Look out everyone. Sizzle Chest has entered the room.

Everyone that is being furloughed is either a 200 wonder from the streets, a 200 wonder from the MAPD, or an idiot who couldn't get hired anywhere else during the last hiring wave. There goes that quick PIC!!! Now word is that JO is going to send more CRJs to GO!! More furloughs coming along with a nice BK. Good news for the industry.

Latest resources

Back