• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa to furlough 250

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Im so sorry to hear they are being furloughed. I really wish they were losing their jobs. Mesa Pilots are ******************************bags!

Grow up! How the F%#$ old are you?!?!?!!?!?!?

Who cares if a junior Mesa pilot loses a job that pays the same as a part-time fast food job? I sure don't. I care about the Midwest pilots losing family-supporting salaries.

Its true! 250 through Jan 2010(i think its a scare tactic). And we are only sending 2 extra CRJ to Go!

...and the rest to the desert. Whether they win or loose the lawsuit, DL is done with Freedom for good. If they have to, DL will cough up a settled buyout of the contract ~ JO needs the cash and DL wants to cut the capacity and "wrong-size" CVG. Hope you guys didn't unpack in CVG. Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

Are you close to getting furloughed?

If we do furlough the full 250 and after the dust settles I should be ok. IMHO I think if I end up on the street at Mesa the rest of the pilot group will be on the street with me...In this current economy

More furloughs coming and now this little gem from my negotiating committee chairman.

Now this kid wants us to play nice with the company like nothing is going on. Well I guess we will get along great with management as long as we give them everything they want.

I would like to beg your indulgence and offer a personal note of reflection. Throughout my years here at Mesa, I have witnessed two distinct methodologies when dealing with Mesa’s management team. It seemed that for years we were locked into an “us versus them” mentality. This chest thumping mentality on both sides leads to countless disputes which neither side wanted to lose. This mentality has led to some collateral damage. That damage was our line pilot’s morale and rights which ultimately led to our operational difficulties that have cost both sides dearly. In other words, no one won. Under the old Mesa regime, we didn’t have much of a choice because they were all too happy to relegate any dispute to the annals of the grievance process where it would linger for years only to fester and grow. In the past 6 months I have witnessed a genuine change in our senior management. With all things, change comes slow and takes a while to trickle down. Change on both sides is all too often hindered by past habits. There are still too many instances where we see the remnants of the old guard mentality rear its ugly head. While I can’t guarantee that the efforts of our new management team to transform our company will be successful, I feel we have the obligation of meeting them half way. Because those old habits rear its ugly head on our side of the fence as well. Take the issue of calendar month. The old Mesa guard would have simply told us to grieve it and we all know what that would have gotten us: a big fat goose egg. I have spoken to some pilots who are so engrained in the old mentality that they didn’t want to grant them the relief even if they agreed to publish the reserve buffers. They wanted us to grieve it anyway: apparently gaining only bragging rights that we won a grievance that has no damages associated with it. Their argument was it would be better than mutually agreeing to something that will directly benefit our pilots. Now I certainly don’t want to disparage the grievance process because it has it uses and is very important. We cannot and will not always agree to everything. However when given the choice, I will always choose an amicable resolution which yields immediate positive results over conflict which yields only collateral damage.
Sincerely,

More furloughs coming and now this little gem from my negotiating committee chairman.

Now this kid wants us to play nice with the company like nothing is going on. Well I guess we will get along great with management as long as we give them everything they want.

I would like to beg your indulgence and offer a personal note of reflection. Throughout my years here at Mesa, I have witnessed two distinct methodologies when dealing with Mesa’s management team. It seemed that for years we were locked into an “us versus them” mentality. This chest thumping mentality on both sides leads to countless disputes which neither side wanted to lose. This mentality has led to some collateral damage. That damage was our line pilot’s morale and rights which ultimately led to our operational difficulties that have cost both sides dearly. In other words, no one won. Under the old Mesa regime, we didn’t have much of a choice because they were all too happy to relegate any dispute to the annals of the grievance process where it would linger for years only to fester and grow. In the past 6 months I have witnessed a genuine change in our senior management. With all things, change comes slow and takes a while to trickle down. Change on both sides is all too often hindered by past habits. There are still too many instances where we see the remnants of the old guard mentality rear its ugly head. While I can’t guarantee that the efforts of our new management team to transform our company will be successful, I feel we have the obligation of meeting them half way. Because those old habits rear its ugly head on our side of the fence as well. Take the issue of calendar month. The old Mesa guard would have simply told us to grieve it and we all know what that would have gotten us: a big fat goose egg. I have spoken to some pilots who are so engrained in the old mentality that they didn’t want to grant them the relief even if they agreed to publish the reserve buffers. They wanted us to grieve it anyway: apparently gaining only bragging rights that we won a grievance that has no damages associated with it. Their argument was it would be better than mutually agreeing to something that will directly benefit our pilots. Now I certainly don’t want to disparage the grievance process because it has it uses and is very important. We cannot and will not always agree to everything. However when given the choice, I will always choose an amicable resolution which yields immediate positive results over conflict which yields only collateral damage.
Sincerely,

I was quite upset at this portion of the letter as well. He is the only one who feels this way.

Latest resources

Back