Mesa to furlough 100 more pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FedEx or UPS?

At least they're getting paid well to do it, and they're privy to a comfy lounge and eatery during the ordeal!

Oh, and I think those Mesa trips only allowed the fellas doing them 9(?) hours of rest in domicile after they were done in the morning. I heard these guys regularly got short-cycled right back into a trip with little rest at home.

Sorry, "I was just following orders" didn't work at Nuremburg...doesn't work at Republic...and won't work here.

The pilots are doing the bidding of a horrible, horrible man and must share the accountability.

I guess SWA pilots are the same. SWA has destroyed several airlines

The night flighing operation was somthing that was unique as far as 121 passenger operations are considered. Then, America West had a late night bank that departed from 1145-1230 am including many express flights as well as mainline flights. I am not defending the camping trips but don't think that everyone is completely aware of the unique scheduling that was required to support the midnight hub operation.

Whatever you believe or think of Mesa, or anyone, These men and women all have responsiblities great and small to more important things than the pilot profession. My heart goes out to all of them and I hope they find something quickly.

According to Yahoo, the Chinese ops is supposed to come to an end for Mesa next week at a loss. They're going to have a surplus of 5 CRJ200s. Plus they lost a few airplanes to Delta last month. maybe more furloughs? Plus the judgement is supposed to come out by the end of the month.

I do not wish harm on anyone but I will not have sympathy either.

A year ago, I left a regional for a major airline job. After 10 months, I was on the street with no recall in sight. That's a sad story, but I don't expect anyone to feel sorry for me. I took a risk in hopes of getting something better. Then I lost. that's life. Time to move on.

If you're getting F'ed at Mesa now, you went there when everyone else was hiring. You probably could have done the AE 8 year FO plan. You went for the MESA quick Captain option. If some things had been different, you might be well on your way to Southwest by now. If it had gone down that way, would you be losing sleep for your buddies still in the right seat at Eagle?

On the other hand, I do feel bad for those guys at Midwest. That's a whole different story in my book.

Last edited:
No, a lot of them went to Mesa with the Skywest Pilot Development Program mentality.

Do a year, or less at Mesa, and run off to Skywest.

Latest resources

Back