• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa to furlough 100 more pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Do you really think Mesa Pilots had anything to do with Aloha going under?
Sorry, "I was just following orders" didn't work at Nuremburg...doesn't work at Republic...and won't work here.

The pilots are doing the bidding of a horrible, horrible man and must share the accountability.

Sorry, "I was just following orders" didn't work at Nuremburg...doesn't work at Republic...and won't work here.

The pilots are doing the bidding of a horrible, horrible man and must share the accountability.

We're not talking about mass murder here, we're talking about the free market. Get a clue. You argument that employees should "do something" because their company is causing the demise of a competitor would not work in the real would, so why would it work at the airlines??

We're not talking about mass murder here, we're talking about the free market. Get a clue. You argument that employees should "do something" because their company is causing the demise of a competitor would not work in the real would, so why would it work at the airlines??

Typical response from a GJ pilot. It's called ethics and you just don't have it. You never will.

to those that feel a bit of sympathy to their fellow pilots your right....it does suck to lose your job regardless....i agree....

however.....

i have met a handful of people that have gone to mesa with the intentions of getting in and getting out knowing that the consequences were low pay, horrible work rules, and a lack of respect among their peers.....yet they went ahead even when there were other companies out there....now everyone can make their own decisions for their own personal reasons....but don't expect people to feel bad when people warn you not to, you do it anyway and it slaps you in the face....

it would be like wanting to ride a bull for the first time....people say don't do it...get some experience first...it can be dangerous...you could get hurt....
but you do it anyway....get bucked off, hurt yourself, damage your rep a little and then you have the nerve to complain about no one warning you about the consequences....

as for the go! pilots....they knew full well they were coming into a market that they would not be excepted into....$hit went down and they wonder why they are not liked?

as far as pilots not being professional and that we should respect each other....well, that went out the window a while ago...there are too many egos out there...my airline is better than your airline....i fly this and you fly that....it has never been professional amongst pilots...only when you retire are pilots professional to each other as they blow smoke up each others butts...talking about the good ol' days....

i'm done with this rant....its too early in the morning to get bent out of shape over mesa....i just wasted 5 min of my life on that lame company.....

to those that feel a bit of sympathy to their fellow pilots your right....it does suck to lose your job regardless....i agree....

however.....

i have met a handful of people that have gone to mesa with the intentions of getting in and getting out knowing that the consequences were low pay, horrible work rules, and a lack of respect among their peers.....yet they went ahead even when there were other companies out there....now everyone can make their own decisions for their own personal reasons....but don't expect people to feel bad when people warn you not to, you do it anyway and it slaps you in the face....

it would be like wanting to ride a bull for the first time....people say don't do it...get some experience first...it can be dangerous...you could get hurt....
but you do it anyway....get bucked off, hurt yourself, damage your rep a little and then you have the nerve to complain about no one warning you about the consequences....

as for the go! pilots....they knew full well they were coming into a market that they would not be excepted into....$hit went down and they wonder why they are not liked?

as far as pilots not being professional and that we should respect each other....well, that went out the window a while ago...there are too many egos out there...my airline is better than your airline....i fly this and you fly that....it has never been professional amongst pilots...only when you retire are pilots professional to each other as they blow smoke up each others butts...talking about the good ol' days....

i'm done with this rant....its too early in the morning to get bent out of shape over mesa....i just wasted 5 min of my life on that lame company.....

I'm glad your furloughed.

keep it straight...

GJ FO hardly makes you a real pilot. Your cert. looks just like mine but you would hate to admit it.

...as in you have a commerical or ATP as well?

Dude, you're messing up your story here. You claim to be a pre-solo student pilot on the other thread. Me thinks you're siucavflight. But what would an "old man" know....

anyway... didin't mean to get in the way of you and CX880. The entertaining exchanges keep me on the brighter side of life.

Latest resources

Back