Mesa to furlough 100 more pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
...and when WN announced DEN?

...and when AS insisted on a review of VA citizenship?

You don't have to like it, but you'd better be willing to accept that defeating a competitor is a part of this industry.

As far as this thread is concerned, how could ANY of us hope to impress upon the public that our "profession" is under attack with this garbage floating around on page after page. What is posted here is by and large PUBLIC information that will be used against us all.

Doork, for pete's sake print a retraction/apology. Your comment only encouraged those you sought to harm and made you appear juvenile. Man up.

Sorry, "I was just following orders" didn't work at Nuremburg...doesn't work at Republic...and won't work here.

The pilots are doing the bidding of a horrible, horrible man and must share the accountability.

...as in you have a commerical or ATP as well?

Dude, you're messing up your story here. You claim to be a pre-solo student pilot on the other thread. Me thinks you're siucavflight. But what would an "old man" know....

anyway... didin't mean to get in the way of you and CX880. The entertaining exchanges keep me on the brighter side of life.

Well according to him I only have a pre solo, but you know God forbid I have the same ratings as him.

There's a difference between defeating a competitor based on sound business decisions (WN) and raping the employees (who let them) salaries to allow the low fares.

You don't have to like it, but you'd better be willing to accept that defeating a competitor is a part of this industry.

As far as this thread is concerned, how could ANY of us hope to impress upon the public that our "profession" is under attack with this garbage floating around on page after page. What is posted here is by and large PUBLIC information that will be used against us all.

Doork, for pete's sake print a retraction/apology. Your comment only encouraged those you sought to harm and made you appear juvenile. Man up.

No. When this board gets mature...I will. I dont post this stuff...only respond to it.

Crews sleeping on aircraft is disgraceful to our profession. These pilots should know better than to take a job there. I feel no sympathy for Mesa pilots losing their jobs. There are pilots out there that I do feel sorry for that are victim of circumstance, but junior Mesa pilots are not them. I hope Mesa goes out of business. It will not benefit me personally, but I am still cheering for their demise.

Hey Hockey.....
Mesa pilots are not forced to sleep on planes. The trips to which you refer were night trips in and out of Vegas where in the middle of the trip they would have a three hour-ish break with no crew room. Not a stand up with out a hotel room as some of you idiots keep saying on this board. Got it. Simply a three hour-ish break like any other outstation. Are we clear? I wouldn't personally go to a hotel with anything less than about four hours as you loose at least an hour in the commute to and from. Did the trip suck, obviously. But this is the trip A west wanted us to fly so we flew it. There are legitimate things to call MESA out for, though not as many as there used to be with this new contract. There would have been even less if it weren't for the 418 but that's another topic.

If you're going to talk about an airline you don't work for do us all a favor and have your facts straight first. Welcome to my ignore list.

Last edited:
Hey Hockey.....
Mesa pilots are not forced to sleep on planes. The trips to which you refer were night trips in and out of Vegas where in the middle of the trip they would have a three hour-ish break with no crew room. Not a stand up with out a hotel room as some of you idiots keep saying on this board. Got it. Simply a three hour-ish break like any other outstation. Are we clear? I wouldn't personally go to a hotel with anything less than about four hours as you loose at least an hour in the commute to and from. Did the trip suck, obviously. But this is the trip A west wanted us to fly so we flew it. There are legitimate things to call MESA out for, though not as many as there used to be with this new contract. There would have been even less if it weren't for the 418 but that's another topic.

If you're going to talk about an airline you don't work for do us all a favor and have your facts straight first. Welcome to my ignore list.
How can you defend MESA? Hopefully you won't be able to next year. Check your spelling.

Hey Hockey.....

I've never really been able to tighten my hours either.

G.E.D. revoked.

W

Hey Hockey.....

What Fkng airline would schedule a 3 hour sit in the middle of the fricken night, MESA would and that's why they SUCK. I hope the 100 find better jobs!!!

Latest resources

Back