• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa TA passes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Please enlighten me how we lowered the bar? And just don't say "pay rates"... We got a lot of what other regional carriers have and then some

Last edited:
Please enlighten me how we lowered the bar? And just don't say "pay rates"... We got a lot of what other regional carriers have and then some

Ok, your captains make about 7 dollars per hour less then mine, and we have been on a concessionary contract since 2003. (50 seat rates, we also make more then your 70 seat rates.... flying a 50 seater.)

You got block or better, wow, awesome, everyone else already has it.

Your FOs make less then just about every regional out there.

No CPI pay increases... except for a 2% increase for FOs in 2010, what is that, 50 cents?

No Rig

Oh, and all this is tied to Pbid, and if you dont do pbid you lose all of the block or better... Awesome!

So, you now are:

Some of the lowest paid

With crappy work rules

and 11 days off per month (awesome, we get 12, again 2003 concessionary contract)

You just made it harder to negotiate for every other carrier out there. So go ahead and think you did not lower the bar, because reality is that you did. You did not match industry STANDARD, not even close, ergo, you lowered the bar.

Last edited:
Ok, your captains make about 7 dollars per hour less then mine, and we have been on a concessionary contract since 2003. (50 seat rates, we also make more then your 70 seat rates.... flying a 50 seater.)

You got block or better, wow, awesome, everyone else already has it.

Your FOs make less then just about every regional out there.

No CPI pay increases... except for a 2% increase for FOs in 2010, what is that, 50 cents?

No Rig

Oh, and all this is tied to Pbid, and if you dont do pbid you lose all of the block or better... Awesome!

So, you now are:

Some of the lowest paid

With crappy work rules

and 11 days off per month (awesome, we get 12, again 2003 concessionary contract)

You just made it harder to negotiate for every other carrier out there. So go ahead and think you did not lower the bar, because reality is that you did. You did not match industry STANDARD, not even close, ergo, you lowered the bar.

Ok who do you work for?

50 seat rates were not negotiated because 50 seats will be GONE very shortly. Why waste negotiating capital on pay rates that will soon be obsolete.

Block or better. What other airline beside air whisky that has our BorB? If u was awarded an 80hr line and all of it was cancelled and only had one 1 hour flight left and it took 2 hours to complete. I will get paid for 81hrs that bid

its tied to PBS because of the practices of past MECs who tried to leverage PBS against the company. It would be suicide for the company to drop PBS. Plus it gives us an out if PBS as well.

Ok who do you work for?

50 seat rates were not negotiated because 50 seats will be GONE very shortly. Why waste negotiating capital on pay rates that will soon be obsolete.

Block or better. What other airline beside air whisky that has our BorB? If u was awarded an 80hr line and all of it was cancelled and only had one 1 hour flight left and it took 2 hours to complete. I will get paid for 81hrs that bid

its tied to PBS because of the practices of past MECs who tried to leverage PBS against the company. It would be suicide for the company to drop PBS. Plus it gives us an out if PBS as well.

I work for Air Willy, and yes there are other airlines that give cancellation pay. As far as I know, ASA, Comair, Skywest, Pinnacle all have it. Block or better, again, I believe just about everyone has it. You are acting like these are new contract items that you are the first to have.. you are not. No, you did not work on 50 seat pay, infact you worked on no pay, which in and of itself is a pay CUT. Things are getting more expensive, and you don't even get a yearly CPI raise. That means every year you are taking a paycut. I don't know if you did or did not vote for this, but the pilot group fell hook line and sinker just like they did when freedumb was the excuse of the day. Now watch as you all refinance your debt and out bid other carriers with your spectacular new contract, and cause more good paying jobs to go away. But, some people might see a quick upgrade, and thats what counts.

Hi!

Maybe U guys haven't looked around lately.

It sounds like the Mesa guys got probably better than they could have expected.

I was just furloughed, and the following airlines are now hiring:
Mesaba
GoJet (street captains, only)
Great Lakes

If Mesa started hiring, I'd probably apply.

It's the worst hiring situation, probably, EVER. The only bright spot is Asia. IF you're typerated, there are LOTS of jobs.

If you're not type rated, you're looking at jobs in the Middle East that have schedules like 100 on, 30 off.

I'm applying for a UAV job that is NOT COMMUTABLE at all, and my family is not moving.

Any ideas or suggestions are appreciated.

cliff
YIP

Piedmont.

I work for Air Willy, and yes there are other airlines that give cancellation pay. As far as I know, ASA, Comair, Skywest, Pinnacle all have it. Block or better, again, I believe just about everyone has it. You are acting like these are new contract items that you are the first to have.. you are not. No, you did not work on 50 seat pay, infact you worked on no pay, which in and of itself is a pay CUT. Things are getting more expensive, and you don't even get a yearly CPI raise. That means every year you are taking a paycut. I don't know if you did or did not vote for this, but the pilot group fell hook line and sinker just like they did when freedumb was the excuse of the day. Now watch as you all refinance your debt and out bid other carriers with your spectacular new contract, and cause more good paying jobs to go away. But, some people might see a quick upgrade, and thats what counts.

Sure is funny how the ones that bitch the most about Mesa are the ones that are furloughing and will probably take pay cuts.Stop blaming other regionals based on what is being done to you by your company and start providing facts to back up your claims that another carriers contract is what is causing your company to do the things they are doing.Read the news and you will see there are thousands of jobs being lost everyday in every industry.Last i checked we are in a recession and every industry is doing what they can to minimize their losses due to the economy.Enjoy your $7 hr more per hr and your 1 extra day off because it probably won't last.BTW... Does AirWhiskey have a scope clause?..Bet not.

Sure is funny how the ones that bitch the most about Mesa are the ones that are furloughing and will probably take pay cuts.Stop blaming other regionals based on what is being done to you by your company and start providing facts to back up your claims that another carriers contract is what is causing your company to do the things they are doing.Read the news and you will see there are thousands of jobs being lost everyday in every industry.Last i checked we are in a recession and every industry is doing what they can to minimize their losses due to the economy.Enjoy your $7 hr more per hr and your 1 extra day off because it probably won't last.BTW... Does AirWhiskey have a scope clause?..Bet not.

Thanks fltlvls
I don't get the guys who act like this ********************ty economy doesn't exist and Mesa isn't in a downward sprial. We made some pretty good gains in this TA. And in 21 months we go in for another swing.

OK, I was going to stay out of this, but here it goes...

I was on the MEC at AWAC when the concessions were negotiated. The first thing Kevin LW threw down in front of us was the MESA contract with the statement of 'we need to do better than this.' Our MEC chairman proceded to pick up the offending document and drop it in the trash, with the statement of 'when you are serious, then we'll talk.'

Of course, MESA ended up with alot of AWAC's (OK, UAL's) flying because we were unwilling to LOWER THE BAR the compete with MESA.

Thanks, MESA, once again, as this will make it impossible to negotiate anything better in 2011, when our CBA becomes amendable.

Oh, by the way, we have VERY GOOD scope language. Why do you think our owners haven't started an alter-ego carrier yet? They can't, our scope language is that strong.

Peace.

Rekks

We go back to the table in 21 months along with 7 other ALPA carriers. At that time if we are still around... We can go for the "gold". Rome was not built in a day. Us coming from 36 percent below industry average to industry leading in one swing is unrealistic.

You are right that coming up from 36% behind the industry is unrealistic in one swing. Next time though you'll be 40+% behind the industry and dragging everyone else down like a 10,000 anchor tied to a rubber raft.

I honestly had hope that the Mesa pilot group might turn out to be more than just pond scum this time around but I guess I was wrong. You guys suck.

And in 21 months we go in for another swing.

...and in another 60 months you might just get that raise you didn't think was so important. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back