• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa TA passes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Like I said before, there is a lot we got in this TA that a lot of regionals and some majors don't.

Keep telling yourself that if it helps you sleep better. Truth is, you're wrong.

From what I recall. Asa pilots signed in a TA that had less than the 1st offer had. And how do you explain SKW moving planes from ASA and slapping Skywest on them?

You cannot compare ASA or air whiskey to what's going on at MESA. You all have deep pockets.

There are a lot of regionals and some majors that don't have Rigs.

Rigs is not standard...

Like I said before, there is a lot we got in this TA that a lot of regionals and some majors don't.
ASA pilots did not pass up a better "first offer". Our MEC rejected many company offers based on polling results that clearly indicated the minimum we would accept. And this was in the face of Skywest threatening and actually transferring aircraft to our sister company. You make my point better than I could. And yet we still had enough self respect to hold out for what we knew was right.

I agree that you made improvements in your contract, but I ask, overall, is it at least industry average or not? You may see this as a stepping stone, but the rest of the industry sees it as taking the next stepping stone away. This will have implications for both other airline upcoming negotiations and your own future negotiations, and you didn't do yourselves a favor.

You say your airline doesn't have the deep pockets of others. Fine, so you needn't aim for an industry leading contract. But you are still a professional pilot, and you deserve nothing less than industry average when negotiating. Anything less and you are selling yourself and your peers out.

That sums up nicely why this is ALPA's fault....Don't expect another pilot group to what is best for the whole....they will do what is best for themselves.....

Until we solve the issue of competing with each other for flying...this will continue....

Everyone wants the other guy to fall on their sword.....

Quit blaming each other and demand some accountability from Herndon.

Mr. Merchant, you are absolutely correct. Instead of having individual MECs do what is best for themselves we need to have a system in place so that all MECs are insentivized to do what is best for all MECs. In other words, like you said, we must take away the self competition. There are a couple of ways of doing this and Herndon is working on them but unfortunately, we the pilots, are our own worst enemy because we cannot get passed our own individual interests to see the greater good in the end.

Amen...... DOIN...
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas... I think that Mesa got their presents..
Oh ya, that is screwing all of other carriers..
:uzi:

50 seat rates were not negotiated because 50 seats will be GONE very shortly. Why waste negotiating capital on pay rates that will soon be obsolete.

PDub, I guarantee you we will still be flying 50 seaters for the next two years.

He is on the ERJ

If everyone on here that is bashing Mesa and the TA they voted yes to, Then why don't you tell all of us on the outside looking in on what was in the TA since you are all so Fking smart and you seem to know everything there is to know about everything, What a bunch of A$$HOLES

Why is anyone ragging on the Mesa pilots for agreeing to improvements in their contract. How many carriers are in concessionary bargaining right now? or furloughing right now? Mesa pilots signed a deal that improves their contract and Mesa put out a letter saying that they were not furloughing any more pilots.

Why is anyone ragging on the Mesa pilots for agreeing to improvements in their contract. How many carriers are in concessionary bargaining right now? or furloughing right now? Mesa pilots signed a deal that improves their contract and Mesa put out a letter saying that they were not furloughing any more pilots.

Exactly...if you notice the pattern of everyones posts that is related to Mesa and their contract, they are all the same over and over again. Very sad that other pilot groups don't support one another when it comes to contract negotiations, but instead they are always the armchair quarterbacks on what they should have done instead of the things they did get whether it is a big thing or not.I would challenge these other regionals
and their MEC to try and negotiate with Mesa
management and see what they would come out with, I would say nothing especially if they go in and demand things that they think they should have, I guarantee you will be told to go pound sand. Until you know the cold hard facts about what the Mesa MEC had to negotiate with,such as negotiating capitol etc.. then keep your opinions to yourself. Give them some credit for what they got instead of what they didn't get or should have gotten. I bet the next contract any other regional signs will not be a 2 year deal before they are back at the table again .

Last edited:
Very sad that other pilot groups don't support one another when it comes to contract negotiations

We don't support you because you consistently stab us all in the back.

Latest resources

Back