• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa TA passes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Remember, this is coming from ASA pilots who took 5 years to get a contract they could have had at 1 year into it....but they showed thier resolve to Mgmt.

We could have had payrates 1 year into the contract, sure, but the company was not willing to give us any new workrules. Our pilots were asking for better workrules, so that's what the MEC went after.

We did much, much better in the workrules department than we did in the payrate department (although we did OK in pay).

That's is one of the most stupidest ******************** I ever read.

Rome was not built in a day. We as mesa pilots started off behind the rest of the pack and are trying to catch up. We are just now getting industry standard. Yea rigs and the holy grail would have been nice. But right now with the current state of this company, its unrealistic to jump from the bottom to industry leading in one. Swing. We gotta move the ball down field. And we did...

There will ALWAYS be instability in the airline industry, and there will always be excuses for why every pilot didn't do their part. I'm not saying you should have aimed for industry leading. If your company is in trouble, then at least just go for industry average. BUT NOT ONE CENT LESS. Certain pay rates are standard. Cost of living adjustments throughout the contract are standard. Rigs are now standard. I'm sorry, but you settled for easy, and you should suffer consequences from your peers. You're not going to once again vote to undercut everyone else, and reap nothing but rewards.

All pilots should create a united front in stating that any Mesa pilot that should be hired by their airline and sit to their right should get a cold shoulder. Let's take a stand against these airline wh***s.

Jeez, a lot of pot calling the ketttle black on here. All of these regional contracts suck. I repeat, all of them.

I worked under a better contract as a FLIGHT ATTENDANT than any regional pilot out there has. There isn't one regioanl out there who has "raised the bar." Quit acting like your crappy regional contract is the end all be all. If your contract has a 10-1/2 hour max duty day, 11 hour minimum crew rest, 14 days off, RIGS, and $2.15/hr per diem then you can bash the crappy Mesa Contract all you want, otherwise stop kidding yourself that you are so much better off than the Mesa pilots.

That's is one of the most stupidest ******************** I ever read.

Rome was not built in a day. We as mesa pilots started off behind the rest of the pack and are trying to catch up. We are just now getting industry standard. Yea rigs and the holy grail would have been nice. But right now with the current state of this company, its unrealistic to jump from the bottom to industry leading in one. Swing. We gotta move the ball down field. And we did...

Wow-You can read! AWESOME!!!!!

-Anyone else notice that PDub actually listed 172RG as an "aircraft flown?" How on earth did you handle that monster???
Damn, that plane is so hot that the ground crews can't approach for 30 minutes after landing... Did you remember to be a sport and not cut loose the drag chute on the runway?

-MESA SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!

That sums up nicely why this is ALPA's fault....Don't expect another pilot group to what is best for the whole....they will do what is best for themselves.....

Yes, but not National, but MESA ALPA. (National has been working on a pattern-bargaining policy, apparently MESA chose to ignore that)

[/quote]Until we solve the issue of competing with each other for flying...this will continue....[/quote]

Agreed. Hence the reason for the change of policy at National.

[/quote]Everyone wants the other guy to fall on their sword.....[/quote]

No. Just to have the cajones to stand up and look after others AS WELL AS THEMSELVES.

[/quote]Quit blaming each other and demand some accountability from Herndon.[/quote]

We'll see about that. Remember, Prater still has to sign off on this thing.

Peace.

Rekks

There will ALWAYS be instability in the airline industry, and there will always be excuses for why every pilot didn't do their part. I'm not saying you should have aimed for industry leading. If your company is in trouble, then at least just go for industry average. BUT NOT ONE CENT LESS. Certain pay rates are standard. Cost of living adjustments throughout the contract are standard. Rigs are now standard. I'm sorry, but you settled for easy, and you should suffer consequences from your peers. You're not going to once again vote to undercut everyone else, and reap nothing but rewards.

All pilots should create a united front in stating that any Mesa pilot that should be hired by their airline and sit to their right should get a cold shoulder. Let's take a stand against these airline wh***s.

Undercut what? There are zero new contracts with airlines out there...they are shrinking everything...and if there were do you think MESA can staff it....nope...we are trying to staff the work we have let alone anything new. I voted no (and have my ballot receipt to prove it) because I think the language was not there...again...but, it is a two year deal and then back at it for the rest ( along with 7 other airlines). This contract will let us receive the block or better, line guarantee and help improve our QOL until we are in position to get the rest in two years. Not so hard to understand. If you already have those things then it is easier to work on pay rates...rigs...etc.

Jeez, a lot of pot calling the ketttle black on here. All of these regional contracts suck. I repeat, all of them.

I worked under a better contract as a FLIGHT ATTENDANT than any regional pilot out there has. There isn't one regioanl out there who has "raised the bar." Quit acting like your crappy regional contract is the end all be all. If your contract has a 10-1/2 hour max duty day, 11 hour minimum crew rest, 14 days off, RIGS, and $2.15/hr per diem then you can bash the crappy Mesa Contract all you want, otherwise stop kidding yourself that you are so much better off than the Mesa pilots.

Sounds like we should return to that thrilling career as a FA....

MESA SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agreed, all regionals suck compared to major airlines, but that is my point! I'm all for doing things to change that and improve our situation. Ideally, all Delta flying would be performed by Delta pilots. But since the Delta pilots wanted nothing to do with the "little people," we have to do things on our own. The more we perpetuate the myth that we fly little unimportant planes so we deserve a little paycheck, the longer this will go on.

I say again, you are either for improving our situation, or you are not. Which one are you? And saying you are just waiting for your chance to move up to a real airline doesn't count.

From what I recall. Asa pilots signed in a TA that had less than the 1st offer had. And how do you explain SKW moving planes from ASA and slapping Skywest on them?

You cannot compare ASA or air whiskey to what's going on at MESA. You all have deep pockets.

There are a lot of regionals and some majors that don't have Rigs.

Rigs is not standard...

Like I said before, there is a lot we got in this TA that a lot of regionals and some majors don't.

I say again, you are either for improving our situation, or you are not. Which one are you? And saying you are just waiting for your chance to move up to a real airline doesn't count.

Absolutely I'm for improving our situation. The problem is that if this thread is any indication, there isn't enough unity between pilot groups for this to ever happen. This "my crappy airline is better than your crappy airline" mentality is playing into management's hands.

Personally, I think no matter what Mesa had gotten on this contract the people on this message board would have accused them of "not raising the bar." It just seems to be the fashionable thing to do. You guys on here provide no encouragement during negotiations and then act surprised when they vote in a lousy contract. What have all of you done to help them?

I don't think any of the regional pilot groups have raised the bar. The Comair strike was the last time I've seen any pilot group willing to take one for the team.

Latest resources

Back