• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa TA passes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We don't support you because you consistently stab us all in the back.

I don't work for Mesa anymore, but i still keep in touch with what is going on by friends i still have there...If i remember correctly , each airline negotiates contracts for themselves and not for other airlines.I don't remember seeing the names of Comair, ASA,ExpressJet etc ..on my contract when i was there. Define how they stab you in the back!

Last edited:
Ok the contract is better, but not by much. Here are the negatives;

1 Ready (airport) reserve has no limits as to the amount of days per bid a person can sit. I could possibly sit 20 days a bid on airport reserve for 8, 10 or 12 hrs per shift.

2 Junior Assignment still exists with no limits.

3 No trip or duty rigs.

4 No pay increases; except for fo's.

5 IF PBS is cancelled, block or better and line guarantee can be taken away with a 45 day notice from the company
(WHAT A JOKE!!!!)

6 The min days off of 11 are actually a maximum, as the company has shown in the past.

Feel free to add anymore

We don't support you because you consistently stab us all in the back.
Again Doin........
Amen Brotha.....
Why do we bash Mesa..
Mesa pilots are brothers and sisters, but we have to ask why do they always screw other companies. If they don't have deep pockets, as they used to because their mgmt is always trying to screw over other companies.. hence Aloha.. Mesa lost the first law suit had to pay... They lost the 2nd and could possibly fly the Aloha flag and only have to pay 2 million?
This is why we are so upset at Mesa, as a pilot you do the same job we do. As a pilot group, we can't stand you for what your company stands for...
Does that SPLAIN IT LUCY!!!!
:uzi:

I don't work for Mesa anymore, but i still keep in touch with what is going on by friends i still have there...If i remember correctly , each airline negotiates contracts for themselves and not for other airlines.I don't remember seeing the names of Comair, ASA,ExpressJet etc ..on my contract when i was there. Define how they stab you in the back!

With all due respect, I think you fail to see the big picture, how one pilot group's actions affect all the others. Every pilot group's negotiations begin with one simple question: what is the rest of the industry paying recently? If it's a good number and getting better with each subsequently signed contract, the pilot group has a decent shot at getting improvements. If the number is low and getting lower, they're screwed. So every pilot has a responsibility to all the others to at least hold the line on industry average, for the good of both themselves and everyone else. To do otherwise is short-sighted and irresponsible.

I think all union pilots, especially those of us who haven't been happy with Mesa up to this point, would have stood firmly beside every Mesa pilot in demanding average compensation or better. We would have refused to fly struck work. We would have joined the picket lines with you. But you never gave us the chance.

With all due respect, I think you fail to see the big picture, how one pilot group's actions affect all the others. Every pilot group's negotiations begin with one simple question: what is the rest of the industry paying recently? If it's a good number and getting better with each subsequently signed contract, the pilot group has a decent shot at getting improvements. If the number is low and getting lower, they're screwed. So every pilot has a responsibility to all the others to at least hold the line on industry average, for the good of both themselves and everyone else. To do otherwise is short-sighted and irresponsible.

I think all union pilots, especially those of us who haven't been happy with Mesa up to this point, would have stood firmly beside every Mesa pilot in demanding average compensation or better. We would have refused to fly struck work. We would have joined the picket lines with you. But you never gave us the chance.

With all due respect
I totally disagree with the same answer you and the others always give in regards to Mesa and their contract.Like i have said before over and over , where are the FACTS to support your claims of Mesa's contract and how it affects other carriers?.Until i see the FACTS i take these claims as an insult even as a former Mesa guy , and totally disrespectful and unjustified .I hope you are not this unprofessional when in the cockpit whether it be jumpseating or flying the line.A very childish type behavior from someone who is looked at as a professional.Mesa may not have the "industry leading" contract but they are the most professional group of people to fly with.I have no more to say on this since it is and will always be a dead horse that is still being beatin to death over and over thousands of times and the answers never change.I will say that most people posting on FI in the regional section are the most unprofessional sounding and disrespectful individuals i have ever come across.All good things come to an end eventually so enjoy your cushy little "mainline "contract because i'm sure it won't last.

With all due respect
I totally disagree with the same answer you and the others always give in regards to Mesa and their contract.Like i have said before over and over , where are the FACTS to support your claims of Mesa's contract and how it affects other carriers?.Until i see the FACTS i take these claims as an insult even as a former Mesa guy , and totally disrespectful and unjustified .I hope you are not this unprofessional when in the cockpit whether it be jumpseating or flying the line.A very childish type behavior from someone who is looked at as a professional.Mesa may not have the "industry leading" contract but they are the most professional group of people to fly with.I have no more to say on this since it is and will always be a dead horse that is still being beatin to death over and over thousands of times and the answers never change.I will say that most people posting on FI in the regional section are the most unprofessional sounding and disrespectful individuals i have ever come across.All good things come to an end eventually so enjoy your cushy little "mainline "contract because i'm sure it won't last.

Amen! Amen!

All good things come to an end eventually so enjoy your cushy little "mainline "contract because i'm sure it won't last.

The Mesa pilots are doing everything they can to ensure that respectable working conditions and pay won't last in this profession.

With all due respect

With absolutely no respect (you deserve none),
Are you truly so ignorant as to think you exist in a vacuum? I mean are you really that dumb. Do you really believe your blather?

Those cushy contracts already have come to an end thanks to you and yours. People on this forum are often unprofessional and disrespectful. That said, others on here are so utterly devoid of intelligence they deserve no respect. Yes, I am referring to you.

I almost feel like I am picking on a retard. Your inability to grasp simple concepts like cause and effect are mind-boggling. What facts are you requesting? What would you do with them? Perhaps put them in your mouth like some infant crawling around on the ground that found something shiny?

At AWACS contract talks several years ago (this is probably before your time, back while the best part of you was running down the crack of your mothers @$$), the mesa contract was thrown on the table from management. The negotiators were informed that this was what they had to compete with. FACT...

With absolutely no respect (you deserve none),
Are you truly so ignorant as to think you exist in a vacuum? I mean are you really that dumb. Do you really believe your blather?

Those cushy contracts already have come to an end thanks to you and yours. People on this forum are often unprofessional and disrespectful. That said, others on here are so utterly devoid of intelligence they deserve no respect. Yes, I am referring to you.

I almost feel like I am picking on a retard. Your inability to grasp simple concepts like cause and effect are mind-boggling. What facts are you requesting? What would you do with them? Perhaps put them in your mouth like some infant crawling around on the ground that found something shiny?

At AWACS contract talks several years ago (this is probably before your time, back while the best part of you was running down the crack of your mothers @$$), the mesa contract was thrown on the table from management. The negotiators were informed that this was what they had to compete with. FACT...

Feel better now?

Latest resources

Back