MESA TA passes 78%

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Boeingman said:
Well that should just about torpedo any hopes of my sister airline (CALEX) getting a decent contract.

Speak for yourself. I for one will rather see CALEX go tits up than get a crappy contract. Anyone have the number to that truck driving school?

(((((((((.) ((((((((((.) ((((((((((.)

(((((((((.) (((((((((.)

Psss, hey Mesa Dudes.

Please reattach your balls below.

OO OO OO

OO OO

Should look like this when you get a pair

(((((((((((((((.)
OO

Have a nice day

Last edited:
I honestly will not ley Mesa on anymore of my jumpseats. I don't care if you take my name down and ban me from your airline, you will never ride with me again.

Sphincter Boy said:
Speak for yourself. I for one will rather see CALEX go tits up than get a crappy contract. Anyone have the number to that truck driving school?

Hey, I'm on your side pal, but that doesn't change the fact this has just made your leverage with management that much tougher.

If you want to live in fantasyland and expect some exponential pay raise in light of this....go ahead.

Anyone have a copy of the agreement? Please post it so we can all see how **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED**ty it is.

I am not a Mesa pilot, and I don't agree with all the angry rhetoric going on here. Sometimes it seems to me that most pilots actually live in a bubble and are not aware of what's going on around them. I am going to provide facts only, and lets' try to have an intelligent debate here without name calling:

Most posts infer that ACA, Comair, Air Wisconsin, Skywest, ASA, CoEx are in the same category as Mesa financially. It's true that that they all fly similar equipment, but if you are saying that any 2 companies flying the same airplane should pay the same regardless of their financial health, then you should be bashing not only Mesa but Spirit, Midwest Express, America West, AirTran, Frontier, JetBlue for flying similar equipment for a fraction of what UAL, AMR, DAL pay. If you wanna go down this route and be consistent, then you should blame the SWA pilots for signing a low-cost long-term contract back in 94 to allow their company to grow aggressively and steal market share from the big 4.
Let's compare cash positions for Mesa, ACA and SKYW, from the latest SEC filings:
Mesa: $39.8 million.
ACA: $243 million
SKYW: around $400 million
If this doesn't tell you that there are significant differences between what Mesa can afford and what the other 2 can, then you have a problem.
Comair had a profit margin in the 20's when their results were public before being bought by DAL. All the people here saying Mesa is profitable up the wazoo. Fact is Mesa declared losses for 4 out of the last 5 years, they lost $9.3 million in 2002 and $48.1 million in 2001. Go read their SEC filings.

Last point I want to make to all who are saying that this will lower the bar in the industry, if your management comes to you saying hey Mesa got this we want you to do the same, then you have a very simple choice vote no. If you vote yes then start complaining that it's Mesa pilots fault like the WO pilots are doing now, then you are contradicting yourself. If you are saying to the Mesa pilots to vote no to their TA even if it will cost them their job because it'll preserve the bar for the industry, then you should also vote no to your management even if it'll cost you YOUR job for the sake of raising the bar.

bahjaus,

Would you care to expand on this statement?

**. If you vote yes then start complaining that it's Mesa pilots fault like the WO pilots are doing now, then you are contradicting yourself. **

Sure,

WO pilots voted for concessions lately and most of them on this board are complaing that they had to do so to preserve their jobs, i.e match Mesa's rates... As a WO pilot you have a choice to vote no to the concessions and be out of a job, you could have made that choice but you didn't.

Now you are asking the Mesa pilots to do what you couldn't do, vote no and face unemployment. It doesn't sem very consistent to me.

BoredToDeath said:
bahjaus,

Would you care to expand on this statement?

**. If you vote yes then start complaining that it's Mesa pilots fault like the WO pilots are doing now, then you are contradicting yourself. **

Let me take a shot. The WO pilots say that they are forced to vote yes for concessions b/c of Mesa. Mesa pilots say they had to vote yes to this crappy TA b/c of Freedumb. All groups voted yes to save there jobs. Yes or No? (If no, why did the WO vote yes? In the case of PSA why did your MEC?)

It becomes contradictory for the WO pilots who caved in to save there jobs to call the Mesa pilots (insert any post from above) b/c they did the same. You did the same thing weather you like it or not. Sorry guys.

Bahjuas , It's good to read a factual, intellectual, thought-out post on a board filled with overacting, uneducated (on this issue) immature people. This thread is sad and shows alot about people who call themselves professionals. -Bean

Latest resources

Back