• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

MESA TA passes 78%

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Have all the MESA pilots gone into hiding? I'm really surprised that none of the "drunk on koolaide" pilots have responded to the critisizm here. For the 179 pilots who voted against the TA, thanks for having the balls to do so. For the other 663 who voted in favor, I hope you love what you've done to the industry when you sober up and realize and realize how badly you've been screwed.

azpilot said:
I don't think you can pin the "lowering the bar" entirely on the new Mesa contact. The industry is in shambles. What happens if United folds entirely this year? What happens if American files for bankruptcy? No one is making any money so it is easy for them to lower the bar.

There so so many things weighing down receiving a better wage. Had friends bragging about a great new contract they would be getting at NetJets. Well they are now asking for pay concessions.

I just wish the Mesa contract wasn't so long.

Face it things just suck right now. You will have a tough time getting what you deserve. Sign a short contract so when things turn around in 3-4 years you can take advantage of it.

SHUT UP< SHUT UP, SHUT UP. You had your chance to speak and you did so by voting yes. SHut your stupid F%$#&#g hole.

Since the Mesa yahoos don't see the big picture as to how what they just agreed to affects all of us, why don't we show them the big picture and cancel all jumpseat agreements and let them find out that we all need each other in this industry. If they don't want to be "professionals" then they can find their own way to work. Why should we extend professional courtesy to a bunch of hangar rats as someone in a previous post stated. Thanks alot guys! You won't be riding on me.

Re: Where do I start???

avrodriver said:
I can't believe this sh.it. I normally don't go after anyone personally, but azpilot wake the f.uck up. Yes the industry isn't the strongest right now, but does it really look like Mesa is hurting?? Yes the little c.ocksuckers at Mesa just lowered the bar. You have carriers such as Skyway, Mesaba, ASA, and CoEx all in negotiations and now they just gave all of those companies managements reason to point over there and say see!!!!

"Yes the industry isn't the strongest right now" It is the worst ever so you have no baseline for current negotiations.

A single carrier cannot lower the bar for an entire industry just like a single carrier can't raise the bar for an entire industry. So with your analogy everytime an airline gets a better contract it will be easy for the others to get the same. I don't think so. Did the pilots at American Eagle lower the bar for the entire industry with their crappy contract? Nope

Are all the pilots at SWA, HP, Airtran, Jet Blue, and Frontier "c.ocksuckers" because they make less than the folks at the big 4?

If your company is making money you can hold out and argue for a better contract. If your company fly's for someone like United and United folds where will your leverage be? Can you stand on your own without United? If so you might get a raise because you will be flying the old United routes for less money.

Why do you think the majors are so **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED**ed right now? Well United is getting paid the best wages we deserve to be #1, well American is now getting paid the best wages for we deserve to be #1, so Delta is now getting paid the best wages we deserve to be #1, so we at US Air want to be paid the best for like equipment i.e. 737. Where has that gotten them? They are all in the Sh!tter right now.

Why don't you bitch at ALPA for telling the Mesa folks to vote yes?
If it didn't pass Freedumb would have just expanded and the bar would have been lowered even more.

If you don't like the contract presented before you don't vote for it.

I totally agree that a lot of the Mesa rates suck. If you don't like it don't fly for them and don't fly on any of the airlines that use them. Air Wis was more expensive on the AirTran bid than Mesa and they won the deal. I wonder why? The same can happen for other carriers who will then in turn be able to pay a better wage.

Last edited:
mckpickle said:
SHUT UP< SHUT UP, SHUT UP. You had your chance to speak and you did so by voting yes. SHut your stupid F%$#&#g hole.

Hey McPickle F*ck You! I don't work for Mesa a$$hole. So I didn't vote for the contract. If I did work for Mesa I would have voted no. The result would have been the same. So kiss my ass.

Last edited:
I find it amusing that the folks at Mesa are not being "professionals", and all but a few of you have really shown your "professionalism" under this thread.
I guess they aren't the only ones "lowering the bar".

The irony...

SLC

Last edited:
a$$ kissed, I stand corrected, But your post did apear to be from a mesa pilot. Just a little frustrated because our management came out last week and stated the they could not give us certain things BECAUSE of the Mesa TA. I'm a little worked up.

But you need to understand we are not trying to kill the golden goose, but when Mesa takes less than the rest of us are getting NOW, before we negotiate new contracts it lowers the bar. We are not trying to get rich, I'd just like to see my F/O's eat a decent meal. But how can we compete if we want 12 days off, and Mesa only needs 8?

AZpilot,

If you accept pay at a lower rate, soon that will become "industry standard." We at Delta have great pay rates, which were close to United's about 1 year ago. Now, unfortunately, United had to take cuts and we are now "way way way over paid." Well, I agree in some way that we are paid a lot more than anyone else, and that it probably should be lowered a bit. There really shouldn't be a 30% pay difference between carriers in times like these. But, we won't just give up 30% to be equal to them. Can you see this? We are fighting to keep that pay bar as high as we can. We understand that this industry is sucking wind right now, but will try to keep the bar up as high as we can---keeping us above water ofcourse. The Mesa TA has slashed expectations and could create a lot more opportunities for Mesa guys, but at the same time undercutting everyone else who is fighting for a fair contract. (like ASA etc.) You just undercut them. I am sure JO and Dave Seigel will both win awards from the ATA for "Helping to drive down wages from those pesky pilots.." I hope you enjoy being a CRJ-90 Capt at $50.00 an hour. But hey, what's money good for anyways...? Atleast the America West guys have b@lls and turned down their TA.

Bye Bye---General Lee;) :rolleyes: :cool:

General Lee said:
AZpilot,

If you accept pay at a lower rate, soon that will become "industry standard." We at Delta have great pay rates, which were close to United's about 1 year ago. Now, unfortunately, United had to take cuts and we are now "way way way over paid." Well, I agree in some way that we are paid a lot more than anyone else, and that it probably should be lowered a bit. There really shouldn't be a 30% pay difference between carriers in times like these. But, we won't just give up 30% to be equal to them. Can you see this? We are fighting to keep that pay bar as high as we can. We understand that this industry is sucking wind right now, but will try to keep the bar up as high as we can---keeping us above water ofcourse. The Mesa TA has slashed expectations and could create a lot more opportunities for Mesa guys, but at the same time undercutting everyone else who is fighting for a fair contract. (like ASA etc.) You just undercut them. I am sure JO and Dave Seigel will both win awards from the ATA for "Helping to drive down wages from those pesky pilots.." I hope you enjoy being a CRJ-90 Capt at $50.00 an hour. But hey, what's money good for anyways...? Atleast the America West guys have b@lls and turned down their TA.

Bye Bye---General Lee;) :rolleyes: :cool:

Let me make it emphatically clear that I also agree that pilot wages are not the cause of the airlines taking it so much in the shorts. We will forever be the excuse. I am glad the HP folks said no. The contract sucked. I don't think they will be able to get a lot more than what was currently proposed but the no vote will help.

Keep trying to hold up the bar and stay the hell out of bankruptcy. Otherwise what United and US Air's management is trying to do will be the road map.

Let's get the facts straight it starts at $51.17! LOL

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back