• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

MESA TA passes 78%

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well at least Mesa allready lost the SkyWest jumpseat when they threatened us to take FreeDumb jumpseaters. I'm thankful I dont have to see either one of those bastards in my cockpit asking for a ride.

Liveable/competitive wages for the job we do or no more airline.
what would you do if Gordo shifted the 100 new ERJ deliveries to a non-union alter ego startup airline then replaced one aircraft of yours with one of theirs every week. You can shut down XJET if you wish but the result is the same. Shut down XJET and build the startup. just like mesa and freedom air.

JetDriven,

With the lawsuit filed against Mesa by ALPA regarding Freedumb, and given the decision about CCAir, it was only a matter of time before Freedumb would be declared a single carrier as well. However, you lacked patience and will to make a stand.

As such, the negotiations came to standoff and you blinked first.

Enjoy your contract.

bahjaus said:
Sure,

WO pilots voted for concessions lately and most of them on this board are complaing that they had to do so to preserve their jobs, i.e match Mesa's rates... As a WO pilot you have a choice to vote no to the concessions and be out of a job, you could have made that choice but you didn't.

Now you are asking the Mesa pilots to do what you couldn't do, vote no and face unemployment. It doesn't sem very consistent to me.

bahjas and Bean,

I can see how you would think that its the same but it is very different. The WO's are part of a bankrupt company, a company that has not seen a profit in years. Mesa is not bankrupt and is indeed showing profit. If concessions were not "given" by the WO's, they would have been "taken", and they would have taken alot more than we gave. The things that the WO's gave to US Airways Group will come back over time. Mesa however will have to renegotiate for something better in a few years.

To make it easier for you to understand, had the WO's voted No on consessions some think that group would have put us out of business. I don't belive it would have come to that because of the money that the WOs bring to Group. I belive that Group would have seeked concessions through the BK court and keeped us in business with the worst contracts in the world.

Mesa on the other hand is not in dire financial straits and the contract they just signed is not a concessionary contract. Its mearly what the MEC said was the best they could get and will surley force every regional to come down too. If you don't belive me just ask one of our FAs. They were told directly from Dave that if their new TA doesn't look like Mesa's there will be no deal. With that being said how can you tell me that what Mesa does will not affect anyone else?

Now the hate that we (the WO's)have for your company goes alot farther back than recent events. It really is the simple fact that the WOs are US Airways Express and yet there are so many other companies with our name on their tails. And all we can do is sit back and watch the contracting of our flying continue while our Mainline and WO brothers are on the street. As long as your cheap it'll never stop and with your newest contract we can see that it will never stop.

Im am one of few NO voters, I would love to get all the names of the yes vote and pass them out they are a bunch of **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** they will be the one bitchig in 2 or 3 years about QOL or pay. I dont blame any of you for being pissed we shouldnt of had to vote on this crap TA, but hey the USair/J4J pilots will be back .Great job ALPA.

Go to this site ayone can sign on it JO and Mesa pilots let them Know how you feel!!!

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/freemesaairlinesforum/?yguid=124225566

Last edited:
don't think for one second that D. Woerth will stop the MESA TA. He and ALPA could give a rats @ss about anyone not in a "large Jet". WE were told at the leadership conferance at ALPA HQ that it is a "brokering of interests" that dictate what battles are fought. I will leave to each individual to decide what they think brokering of interests means.

Unconditional Surrender

Great, Mesa pilots surrendered without even putting up a fight. One threat from JO and they caved. As I recall the last Mesa contract was "a great victory for job secuity" because it united the Mesa divisions and was designed to prevent the divisions from being played off against one another. JO played from the Larry Risley playbook and won for another 5+ years. The Mesa attorneys will have 5+ years to figure out a way to get around this scope language and I guarantee they will find a way to do it. On top of all this half of the Mesa expansion doesn't even go to Mesa pilots!! Some of the people that voted for this will be sitting in the right seat of 1900's while they watch furloughed UsAir pilots fly from the left seat of new RJ's. How twisted is that?

What the hell is the profession coming to, I just don't understand it. We are our own worst enemies, management can just let us fight ourselves to see who is willing to work for the least amount of money to get to fly an airplane. I guess pilots at small airlines have been working for so little for long that we are really starting to believe that's all we are worth. If things get better good luck trying to find the money to pay off your prorated training agreements so you can leave Mesa. This is truly a new low. This agreement will set us back 5 years and now other carriers will try to start non-union divisions as a way to force pilot groups to accept lousy agreements in exchange for "job security." Somebody else will have to fight this fight because the Mesa pilots didn't have the courage to hold the line.

Congratulations, your "scope" language will prevent anyone else from taking your jobs. I don't think you need to worry now anyway because nobody can AFFORD to take your jobs. Mesa is now the WalMart of the airline business, and like WalMart employees, Mesa employees will do all of the work and receive none of the rewards that come from the economic successes acheived by having massive cost advantages over the competition.

Good thing the Mesa pilots were not around in revolutionary war times or we would still be a British Colony! You should be ashamed of yourselves.

What a bunch of friggin hypocrites. With the exception of the Comair pilots, I haven't seen any of the rest of you walking off the job to "raise the bar", yet you're all too eager to tell the Mesa pilots what to do. Of course it never seems to bother you that you do the same thing and undercut the mainline pilots; I guess that's different. :rolleyes:

Now, I'm even seeing people on here threatening to deny them the jumpseat. Very unprofessional. You need to grow up and stop blaming other people for all your problems. It's one thing to have an opinion about their contract and to express it, but it's really childish to call them names and refuse jumpseats. While I think they could have done better, it is not my place to judge them, and Mesa pilots are always welcome in my jumpseat.

Nindiri said:
What a bunch of friggin hypocrites. With the exception of the Comair pilots, I haven't seen any of the rest of you walking off the job to "raise the bar", yet you're all too eager to tell the Mesa pilots what to do. Of course it never seems to bother you that you do the same thing and undercut the mainline pilots; I guess that's different. :rolleyes:

What a load of cr@p! AirWis had been at the table for nearly 2 years trying to get a better and fairer contract. We had the go ahead for a strike, our MEC were holding out for the best. 3 strike centers were up and running and informational picketing was being done at ATW, ORD, DEN. The strike office was manned every day and on the final day pilots were there in force, all being funded by ALPA and with ALPA National staff at the strike office. With less than an hour to go to vans were ready to take the pilots to the airport to start walking the line.

15 minutes from stike time, and pilots heading to the airport ALPA advise they finally have a possible TA and to hold off for an hour or two. The Company accepted what we were looking for.

Yes we didn't go out on strike and walk the line but were darn close to it. We stood strong and together as a pilot group and got what is probably the best regional contract out there by doing what MESA couldn't - standing strong and together. MESA's TA doesn't even hold a candle to our old one of the 90's.

I am disgusted that MESA pilots on the whole feel this is something they can live with with pay scales for a 9 year RJ pilots 5 years from DOS less than our 2nd year guys (and girls) are now!

Oh and yes the JS is on MEL

The airline industry is in shambles, and the industry is taking record losses. It amazes me that so many people are worried about how much money they are gonna make or if they will have 12 days off instead of 10. Do you honestly think that any mainline carrier is going to take pay cuts and then not ask its regional feeders to do the same? So with "pay cuts" in mind, is keeping what you had better than taking a cut? I'm no economist, but that seems alright to me. I guess keeping ones job has fallen from the list of importance.
With the Mesa folks locking in all their own flying, don't you think that other carriers like CHQ, Mesaba, Eagle and others will have this scope to compare to? That they will be able to say "hey we want that kind of job protection, we want to do all of our companies flying, get rid of Republic or X alter ego".

It certainly is the truth that the industry is not what it used to be. All this talk of denied jumpseats because of someone else's contract, you've got to be kidding me. This would have never happened not so many years ago.
Needless to say it certainly frightens me to think that I might have family riding on some of your airplanes. I hope that some of this behavior doesn't ever enter the cockpit, I am almost ashamed to be classified in the same group as some of you.

SLC

Latest resources

Back