MESA TA passes 78%

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
azpilot said:
Let me make it emphatically clear that I also agree that pilot wages are not the cause of the airlines taking it so much in the shorts. We will forever be the excuse.
The only thing I have agree with you on your whole post.
the 3 main cost's Airlines can rely on
no particular order
#1 interest what they owe on their debt (united should of taking care of that in the 90's instead of trying to take over the world.)
#2 fuel- (they can ballpark per price of barrel)
#3 PAYROLL- you have to pay your people
So please explain to me how MESA has fallen on hard times!!!!!!!
Interest on debt??? doubt it much.
Fuel??? equal across the board.
Payroll???? MESA= Bottom of the food chain!!!!!!!!
MGMT now has the winning formula!!!!!!!!
Well done boys!!

Beantown said:
Yes or No? (If no, why did the WO vote yes? In the case of PSA why did your MEC?)
Huhhhh? Didn't get to vote!!!!
We're BANKRUPT!!!!!
US AIR=PSA=PDT=ALG!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Go on keep telling yourselves that voting no would mean your out of a job. You people are so brain washed by JO its funny. I mean your all scared. NEWS FLASH. He couldn't have shut down the whole freaking airline you f&#^ing idiots! Remember he has shareholders to awnser to. AND then all the flying that Freedom is doing would be considered STRUCK WORK!!!!! Every pilot would be put on the scab list. Thats some pretty good motivation not to fly the MESA routes! But you ladies cried in your beer afraid JO was going to replace all of you. Jesus you people are stupid!

Boeingman said:

If you want to live in fantasyland and expect some exponential pay raise in light of this....go ahead.

He doesn't live in fantasy land and his sentiments are very representational of our whole pilot group. We will drive xjet right into the ground rather then go five years doing what we're doing now. Hey Gordo knows this, which is why he has all sorts of poison pills in the Agreement with Express that allows him to take the jets. So he'll start up some scab outfit and we'll all be out of a job. Big f*cking deal!

Hey I'd get screwed by it, but I have principals and pride unlike the Mesa group. I'm young enough to take a hit in my profession, so I dare Gordon to try and play his cards on us. He won't be able to put those nice stickers 'Working Together' stickers on the doors of our airplanes anymore. I would rather lose what I've done so far rather then face the next 10 years of my career making 25K a year with NO work rules. Too bad Mesa pilots didn't have the balls to call Orenstein's bluff.

Those who went before us in this profession made it the rewarding career that it can be. I will not see their hard work undone because of pieces of sh*t like Johhny Orenstein and losers like many of your coworkers at CAL. You Mesa guys baffle me! Why on earth would any educated person want to work a job that causes so many sacrifices in your life, but only make 25K a year with 9 days at home per month! There is no golden rainbow for you to grab in a few years. American isn't going to snatch you up the minute you have 500 hours turbine PIC.

Last edited:
nimtz said:
He doesn't live in fantasy land and his sentiments are very representational of our whole pilot group. We will drive xjet right into the ground rather then go five years doing what we're doing now. Hey Gordo knows this, which is why he has all sorts of poison pills in the Agreement with Express that allows him to take the jets. So he'll start up some scab outfit and we'll all be out of a job. Big f*cking deal!

Hey I'd get screwed by it, but I have principals and pride unlike the Mesa group. I'm young enough to take a hit in my profession, so I dare Gordon to try and play his cards on us. He won't be able to put those nice stickers 'Working Together' stickers on the doors of our airplanes anymore. I would rather lose what I've done so far rather then face the next 10 years of my career making 25K a year with NO work rules. Too bad Mesa pilots didn't have the balls to call Orenstein's bluff.

Those who went before us in this profession made it the rewarding career that it can be. I will not see their hard work undone because of pieces of sh*t like Johhny Orenstein and losers like many of your coworkers at CAL. You Mesa guys baffle me! Why on earth would any educated person want to work a job that causes so many sacrifices in your life, but only make 25K a year with 9 days at home per month! There is no golden rainbow for you to grab in a few years. American isn't going to snatch you up the minute you have 500 hours turbine PIC.

Like I said, good luck. Your "sentiments" representing the Express pilots have zero leverage when economic pressures like this TA are brought to bear on the industry. Don't shoot the messenger.

As far as the "losers", the strike for me was a long time ago. If anyone has the right to pass judgement on the CAL ALPA debacle it is people like me that spent 25 months on a picket line. I get a little tired of hearing comments that destroy unity among the CAL/ CALEX group. Besides, as painfull as it is to admit, those "losers" are all pulling over $150k a year and laughing all the way to the bank. I'd bet none of those scabs are dying to trade places with some XJET F/O.

BTW talk is real cheap. Looking back on our strike, the scabs that crossed were usually the ones shooting their mouths off prior to the walkout about "shutting this place down".

Last edited:
First off it isn't over until ALPA signs it off. Hopefully if enough voices are heard then just maybe ALPA will throw this contract where it belongs, in the cr@pper.

E-mail Captain Woerth with your feelings (and be professional about it) at

Captain D. Woerth

Boeingman said:

As far as the "losers", the strike for me was a long time ago. If anyone has the right to pass judgement on the CAL ALPA debacle it is people like me that spent 25 months on a picket line. I get a little tired of hearing comments that destroy unity among the CAL/ CALEX group. Besides, as painfull as it is to admit, those "losers" are all pulling over $150k a year and laughing all the way to the bank. I'd bet none of those scabs are dying to trade places with some XJET F/O.

Having shared crashpads and commuted long enough I can say with full certainity that 95% of the line crossers are the most pathethic people I have ever had the displeasure of knowing. From Rene Minjares to Jimmy Tripson, they show a character and selfishness that makes me care less whether they laugh all the way to the bank. Stephen Wolf laughed all the way to the bank too, but he'll look real hard to find respect in life. Just as they wouldn't want my seat, I sure as h*ll don't want their lives. Unity between our two pilot groups is in jeporday, because of these individuals.
You are right in saying our contract will get much more difficult. I knew many months ago that something like this could happen and I'm sure our negotiation committe did. However, difficulity doesn't mean you quit. There are many days and maybe another bankrupcty between now and a TA getting passed. My resumes, both the aviation and the real world one, will continue to be updated.

nimtz said:

AMEN brother.....XJT will no longer exist if I can do anything about it. There is absolutely no excuse to live under "Regional" wages as has been previous practice.

Unlike our good friend at CAL who responded to this, I am sure there will be more than enough of them who would love to cross another line. They have no leverage, we still do.

Its when you get into the DCI d/b/a ACA, ASA, Comair, CHQ, SKYW - THAT is when you lose leverage. I can only imagine what the ASA contract will look like....CMRs is pathetic for a 3 month strike.

Liveable/competitive wages for the job we do or no more airline.

brotherhood

Well I guess this means that there goes all that brotherhood thing that is offered up on here so much. This reality thing must suck when he rears it's ugly head.

nimtz said:
Having shared crashpads and commuted long enough I can say with full certainity that 95% of the line crossers are the most pathethic people I have ever had the displeasure of knowing.

From the above crash pad and commuting comment I seriously doubt you've run into the true broad cross section of pilots at CAL. Regarding the commuting I am to assume you've been on the jumpseat for this in depth analysis? Did you discuss your feelings then or pull out the scab list before you accepted a ride from one of these guys?

My point is I could tell you many stories of non scabs who are loyal ALPA members that absolutley despise Express. The attitude and resentment towards XJET I have heard crossing the pond would make your eyes open. Most are in the 90 hire range. I can also point out some other pathetic people who did not cross a picket line. And there were some real clowns that were on strike who I thank god did not return to CAL. Point is, you're extremely biased over an event that you had nothing to do with. And quite frankly I simply don't agree with your assessment, strike issues aside.

nimtz said:

From Rene Minjares to Jimmy Tripson, they show a character and selfishness that makes me care less whether they laugh all the way to the bank.

While I do not condone Rene's actions in 83, he did put forth a great deal of effort to bring in the IACP. Not much of a union, but it was a start. He also was a very strong supporter of the Express pilots. Rene was one of the few that pushed to keep you guys within the same MEC. It sounds to me like you are just labeling and not looking at the facts. For every "T" I can think of several non scab CAL pilots that feel like he does, they just don't get the publicity as you know who. I will make no further comment about him. Nothing really needs to be said.

nimtz said:

Just as they wouldn't want my seat, I sure as h*ll don't want their lives.

One of the greatest letdowns I had on my return was thinking how misreable these guys must be. I can't tell you how far off base I was in that thinking. I can think of none that I have run into since my return that have any regrets about crossing. Most had a score to settle with ALPA and were overjoyed to cross our picket line.

Let me ask you something that no one can or will answer. Why do you think so many of those scabs on the list are ex ALPA members? Or were ex since the amnesty?

nimtz said:
Unity between our two pilot groups is in jeporday, because of these individuals.

You're not going to like this but people like you, our ex IAH CA rep,and every attitude in between are the problem.The finger pointing, whining, labeling and off base comments serve no function but to divide the pilot group. You both just represent extreme and opposite ends of a spectrum. If you really believe that it is just the pilots who crossed are affecting unity you have a lot to learn. I spend a lot of time in CAL cockpits with pilots from many different backgrounds and your comments are very inaccurate. Most of the people who crossed are strongly for a SSL, and hope the bar gets raised with your negotiations. You're cutting off your nose to spite your face over this situation, believe me.

nimtz said:

You are right in saying our contract will get much more difficult. I knew many months ago that something like this could happen and I'm sure our negotiation committe did. However, difficulity doesn't mean you quit. There are many days and maybe another bankrupcty between now and a TA getting passed.

Who is saying to quit? I'm saying at some point you must let the element of economic and industry reality set in. This Mesa TA is a very serious detriment and it will absolutley diminsh the prospects and hopes for the XJET pilots. It is disgusting.

nimtz said:

My resumes, both the aviation and the real world one, will continue to be updated.

Probably a good idea. I think you are going to be very bitter and disappointed when the XJET contract is (when) ratified. Just a hunch, I have no wish of a substandard TA for XJET. In fact, I believe we must get the RJ payscale up industry wide or it will eventually drag down mainline contracts.

We will see career RJ pilots and I think there are many guys who will never see the cockpit of a Boeing or Airbus.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back