• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

MESA strikes again- Jet blast injuries at ORD

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
the situational awareness comment above hits the nail on the head. Senority at your airline may allow someone to hold CA.......but in reality they are no where near ready for the responsibilty.

Use BugMeNot for login information for all these different "free registration" news sites. There's even a Firefox Extension that will automatically fill the login blanks for you. You can't get any easier than that -- right-click and choose "Log In With BugMeNot."

Thanks for the great tip. Works flawlessly! Beers on me if you're ever in SEA. :beer:

Glad I could help! Bugmenot and Firefox are both terrific programs; they make my online life easier. :D

Single engine shouldn't be a big deal if you think what's behind before you add thrust. Not to bash Mesa again, but had the same experience with them in ORF. As they swung out of the parking space, the dipsh!t guns the thrust levers. I've never felt a plane shake as bad as ours did from the jet blast, not to mention the nice sandblasting we received. I thought we got plowed into by a 747. The F.O. looks out his window and says how that Mesa 145 just blasted out of his spot. Obviously the guy felt T/O thrust was needed to spin out. It was one of the most pathetic displays of "unsituational" awareness I've ever witnessed. A few seconds later a ramper comes up all pissed off. I asked him what was up. His response "@#*in' Mesa just blew over one of my rampers and he got some nice road rash. He also damaged one of our carts." He couldn't wait to file his report. Sounds like they might need rearview mirrors so they can watch the carnage they create.

To be fair, I've seen just about every regional jet operator be dumb. Not long ago one unnamed company (not Mesa) turned an E145 45 degrees or so out of its ramp spot so they could send their rampers away. Trouble was they didn't have a taxi clearance yet and it took a couple minutes to get one because ground and clearance were combined at the time. Usually not an issue, but the aircraft's ass end was right in our face while we were boarding at a distance of 75-100 feet. We operate these things in close quarters and often without jetways. You just have to think about what's behind you and be aware that you're throwing a good deal of air out the back.

Word is United will drop them plane by plane soon and will only have a few left in DCA.

Delta is also going to drop them and their 36 pos erjs they have.

US Air HATES them

Its finally starting. Mesa will finally start shrinking because they offer such a bad product with unsafe pilots.

(for Superkooters wet dream, please read the above quote)

BOTH HANDS ON THE KEYBOARD, SUPERKOOTER!

......I gotta agree....if they would have enough common sense to realize they arent flying a Seneca anymore and flying ACUTAL people around. They are really a bunch of inexperienced pilots and it shows......I would never get on one of their planes and will tell anyone in ear shot to do the same.

to call it an airshow is an insult to skilled pilots who work airshows......its more like a circus with kids who just got their license and are giddy they are in a jet.....( glosssy eyed kid with his sunglasses on his forehead dreaming how one day he will fly that 777 in front of him after he destroys that company too)

Now think real, real hard about that. Are you SURE it was the glossy eyed kid who destroyed the airline and put it in its current state? Ya sure? Let that one marinate a while.

I've said it once and I'll say it again. You should have to get your CFII to get your ATP and you should have to have 1500 to fly part 121. It would make everything so much better.

Ok so all the banner towing and night cargo experience I had (1400hours) before I got hired with my first Regional is second rate to some schmuch with a uniform that has 2 stripes saying 'watch your altitude' 300 times a day.

Yeeeeeeaaaaaahhhhhhh, i dont think so.

Ok so all the banner towing and night cargo experience I had (1400hours) before I got hired with my first Regional is second rate to some schmuch with a uniform that has 2 stripes saying 'watch your altitude' 300 times a day.

Yeeeeeeaaaaaahhhhhhh, i dont think so.
I've got over 2000 dual given, and it really taught me how to fly, and cover my a$$. Any experiance is good, and single pilot IFR is probably the best. In reality, the biggest problem the regionals have are the guys trying to skip ahead of everyone else and thinking that 250 hrs is all they need to be professional pilots. These are the guys that go to places like Mesa and Hojets, and they deserve all of the bashing, and b!tch slapping they get. 1500 hrs should be the absolute min for a 121 airline. Unfortuanately you can't weed out all of the moron's who are willing to fly for free and would sell there soul for a bigger airplane. Two words, respect yourself! That would solve alot of problems.

Personal encounters as an ex ramper with jetblast tells me that airlines other than Mesa comit such acts. I have seen AWAC destroy the rotating cab of a jet bridge. I have personally been knocked over (on a contaminated ramp) by an Eagle ERJ. The best one yet, is that I was in the cab of a jet bridge that a Pinnacle CRJ (single engine Taxi) blew to pieces. Thank God i didnt get decaptiated from flying sheet metal.

Now think real, real hard about that. Are you SURE it was the glossy eyed kid who destroyed the airline and put it in its current state? Ya sure? Let that one marinate a while.

done....and its yes....if the bright eyed, subsidised by mommy and daddy, pilot wouldnt want to fly the biggest plane he can get his hands on so he can tell people hes a pilot AND throws banana peels in front of other pilots to get the so called coveted 1000 pic ,he IS a part of the problem and a BIG part of it.....

how can pilots at a major stand a chance to negotiate anything when there are thousands of little Johnnys nipping at their heels that will fly their planes and routes for less than minimum wage......

marinated.....

Latest resources

Back