• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa recalling 80 pilots starting in March

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I would fly with any of them also, if they apply. As of right now, no one has applied that meets the 1500 hour mins. We only have less then 50 who want to come back from recall. That is why it is doom for Mesa for the staffing of these addtional 9 crj's, I am not talking about staffing at other regionals.

"no one has applied" source please ?

"no one has applied" source please ?

Management. I apologize. Next time I will go get in in writing and get it notorized before I post. Why are you on message boards if you don't believe anything written? lol

Mesa lost flying to Skywest. That is pretty bad....Mesa is a dump and cheaply run. So if Skywest wins, prove to me they didn't bid it at a loss. Again, we lost the bid.

Last edited:
Why didn't you say so? We all know that JO is ALWAYS completely truthful and honest, he'd never ever lie!:laugh:

I don't believe JO and what he says, but if he wanted a 5 percent paycut from the whole pilot group just to bid low enough on 7 airplanes to keep them, that is sad. We rejected it, and then lost the bid to Skywest.

So that is a pretty good indication skywest bid it very very low and most likely at a loss just to get in with Airways.

Next question is if you can prove that skywest is making money on those planes. I doubt it. I haven't heard a single thing written proving that. I want a source...

Mesa lost flying to Skywest. That is pretty bad....Mesa is a dump and cheaply run. So if Skywest wins, prove to me they didn't bid it at a loss. Again, we lost the bid.

The lowest bidder doesn't always win. Then again, if Mesa somehow never bid on this flying, then I guess that would, by default, make SkyWest the lowest bidder. :smash:

As for bidding at a loss, any management that would do so really doesn't deserve to be in business.

The lowest bidder doesn't always win. Then again, if Mesa somehow never bid on this flying, then I guess that would, by default, make SkyWest the lowest bidder. :smash:

As for bidding at a loss, any management that would do so really doesn't deserve to be in business.

You forgot to include your source.

Bottom line is I am glad Mesa didn't keep those 50 seaters. They were doomed sooner or later. So skywest has that problem now. We have 9 more crj 900's.

You forgot to include your source.

Bottom line is I am glad Mesa didn't keep those 50 seaters. They were doomed sooner or later. So skywest has that problem now. We have 9 more crj 900's.

And SkyWest is also getting nine more CRJ900s. What's that, 332 total aircraft now? And you may be surprised what they end up doing with those CRJ900s. Stay tuned.

And the deal with US Airways states that SkyWest can upgrade any or all of those CRJ200s for CRJ700s anytime, at SkyWest's discretion. If SkyWest was losing money on those 200s, don't you think they'd have found a way by now to swap all of those out with 700s? Continue your crusade for truth.

Did it occur to anybody that Maybe JO "said" Skywest bid it at a loss in order to put pressure on the pilots for concessions? You guys have already said he was looking for 5%.

By the way....do you know how to tell that management is lying to you???? Their mouths are moving!

Latest resources

Back