• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa recalling 80 pilots starting in March

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Give it up guys. The reputations of airlines you guys are bitching about is OLD news. Let's take a look.

JO was a pain using Icahn's MO and expanding on it. Hurt a lot of good people, nobody came to help, including ALPA, and got a bad reputation. It hangs on to this day. It has it's own problems to this day but much has improved . Read the boards. The rest is history, it's over.

Comair, the "darling of the industry", shone bright, got help (strike benefits), priced themselves out of the market and they are now history.

A big career mistake is riding the pony over the cliff.

Mesa is now competitive in work rules, not too lame on pay, and it is a lean mean company with aircraft that are in demand having shed most of the 200's.

Warren Buffet will tell you to sell when every one else is buying, buy when every one else
is selling. Mesa is not such a bad decision for a semi career choice right now.

Get in now, get your time in and move on.

So airlines that want good pay and workrules are doomed to fail?

Mesa is a good choice for a regional now?

Kit Darby is that you?

I'm saying blaming Comair for its own demise for having the audacity to try and improve working conditions is the kind of nonsense I expect from the Ichans, Ornsteins and Lorenzos of the world, not the people who fly for them.

Mesa got its reputation by treating pilots who worked there like dirt. Repeatedly. For years. Now you're going to go on record saying that the same people are in charge now as then and everything is ok? I don't accept that.

I'm saying blaming Comair for its own demise for having the audacity to try and improve working conditions is the kind of nonsense I expect from the Ichans, Ornsteins and Lorenzos of the world, not the people who fly for them.

Mesa got its reputation by treating pilots who worked there like dirt. Repeatedly. For years. Now you're going to go on record saying that the same people are in charge now as then and everything is ok? I don't accept that.

Nor should you. However, with that said, people can change, managers can change. A reasonable person would have to hear a lot of evidence to the contrary to believe Ornstein has changed his ways.

Give it up guys. The reputations of airlines you guys are bitching about is OLD news. Let's take a look.

JO was a pain using Icahn's MO and expanding on it. Hurt a lot of good people, nobody came to help, including ALPA, and got a bad reputation. It hangs on to this day. It has it's own problems to this day but much has improved . Read the boards. The rest is history, it's over.

Comair, the "darling of the industry", shone bright, got help (strike benefits), priced themselves out of the market and they are now history.

A big career mistake is riding the pony over the cliff.

Mesa is now competitive in work rules, not too lame on pay, and it is a lean mean company with aircraft that are in demand having shed most of the 200's.

Warren Buffet will tell you to sell when every one else is buying, buy when every one else
is selling. Mesa is not such a bad decision for a semi career choice right now.

Get in now, get your time in and move on.

The Warren Buffet reference has absolutely nothing in common with the rest of your statement. Secondly JO the master cornholer is still in charge. That leads us to the conculsion that......

MESA STILL SUX!

So airlines that want good pay and workrules are doomed to fail?

Mesa is a good choice for a regional now?

Kit Darby is that you?

Airlines are not, but regionals with contracts do not have the same leverage.
Comair is a good example of that.

My bet is
66 will have blocked the Mesa number from their phones
10 are working at Peaknuckle and digging the vast QOL increase
2 will be there as soon as they finish their jail sentence
2 will be there ASAP.

New people

With the exception of JO, there is an entirely new team at Mesa

Latest resources

Back