Mesa recalling 80 pilots starting in March

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not even close

All 224 pilots got a letter sent to them on Monday and most received it on Tuesday. Only 109 pilots meet the 1500 hours, 25 are between 1000-1500 hours, 60 are below the 1000 hour mark, and the last 30 are unknown. Mesa is finally getting it that they are in trouble come August 1st if we have any further attrition.

Not sure where you got (or made up) your numbers. Here are the facts: 224 recalled, 14 (not enough hours) - 116 accepted immediate recall and training class. 35 are in class now, 38 scheduled to begin on 3/18. 29 on 4/1.

In addition, there are 18 on voluntary leave now. This compares to 80 needed for new flying, including 25 captain upgrades. Attrition has slowed to lless than 2-3 per month. There should be plenty of pilots at through the end of the year. Everyone on the property has 1,500 hours.

Here's my spin on the SkyWest flying. I think that they are indeed losing money on the new flying. They deliberately underbid it to keep the 200's flying that they have on contract. And please do not repeat the lie that the birds used in PHX were ones picked up to cover said flying. They are the same aircraft that you flew for AirTran before the merger.

I think what they are planning to do is at some point in the future to declare a sham bankruptcy and renegotiate the contracts on the CRJ200's. I would assume that the pilots will be required to take a haircut too. This way they will reduce their costs to match the new contracts.

P.S. For what it's worth, I was told the new 900's are going to CLT.

Hi Rene,

Did all show up for class this past Monday? Also any idea where they are going to send these guys?

Thanks
Lower deck of the slave ship, inboard oar position, no wind or view, but at least they will get to be on reserve at Messa.

I wonder how many of those that comeback are doing so long enough to get current and move on?

Latest resources

Back