• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa recalling 80 pilots starting in March

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SkyWest does not bid on flying at a loss.

Really, $100,000 per airframe per month? That would be basically flying for free. That is nothing more than your personal fantasy to deal with the reality that you fly for the ********************tiest airline in the country run by a certified crook. You are now a private company because your exit from bankruptcy wouldn't pass the smell test of the SEC. You continue to exist because Airways didn't want a service disruption that would have resulted from your liquidation.

SkyWest started flying for Airways as a hedge against your long history of unbelievable crappyness. So you are performing well now, great. Stumble and you will be gone in a heartbeat. Nine more planes? Hope you can staff them! Anything close to the clown show of five years ago and your history.

Happy trails!

And referencing my previous post above, THIS is what we need to strive to be better than.

Where will these additional 9 aircraft be based?

Skywest did indeed take this flying at a loss. I don't know where you are getting your skywest facts from, but the fact that Mesa put in the cheapest bid we could to keep the 7 crj's and 6 dash 8's, with a low cost contract, and JO came asking us pilots for a 5 percent paycut across the board, aka, the entire company, (which we rejected) just to lower the bid to compete with Skywest's ultra low bid of 100,000 k a month is truth enough, because we bid low, and lost it to skywest. So if you think skywest does not bid for a loss, prove it somehow. I am tired of skywest pilots not providing facts and just touting how much better they are when they haven't done crap to earn it. The comair pilots that went on strike, now they earned the right to talk crap. So skywest dudes, stop being so cocky. I am tired of listening to your lame excuses you give.

JO came asking us pilots for a 5 percent paycut across the board, aka, the entire company, (which we rejected) just to lower the bid to compete with Skywest's ultra low bid of 100,000 k a month is truth enough, because we bid low, and lost it to skywest. So if you think skywest does not bid for a loss, prove it somehow.

Since bids, lease, and compensation rates are not publically known, I'd like to know how you know that:

a) they bid 100K/mo.
b) they are the lowest bidder.
c) they are flying at a loss.

I always take things here with a large salt lick, but I believe Mr. Rivoli does have a point.

Rumor is that out of all of the 224 furloughs, only 50 are going to come back. They need 80. Should be interesting to see how this all plays out.

Finding 80 pilots. Everyone is acting like we are trying to find a cure for HIV.

They are plenty of Comair, PNCL pilots out of work. I will be more than happy to have any Comair guy or gal, come pull gear for me :)

Really, exactly how much money is OO "loosing"??

When OO underbid mesa to get airways flying in phx at a almost 100,000 per month per airframe you do the math..

And yet, OO still made an $11.9M profit in Q4. The flying for US Airways Express is not being done at a loss. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Skywest did indeed take this flying at a loss. I don't know where you are getting your skywest facts from, but the fact that Mesa put in the cheapest bid we could to keep the 7 crj's and 6 dash 8's, with a low cost contract, and JO came asking us pilots for a 5 percent paycut across the board, aka, the entire company, (which we rejected) just to lower the bid to compete with Skywest's ultra low bid of 100,000 k a month is truth enough, because we bid low, and lost it to skywest. So if you think skywest does not bid for a loss, prove it somehow. I am tired of skywest pilots not providing facts and just touting how much better they are when they haven't done crap to earn it. The comair pilots that went on strike, now they earned the right to talk crap. So skywest dudes, stop being so cocky. I am tired of listening to your lame excuses you give.

SkyWest has a much better balance sheet than Mesa, so maybe all the savings have to do with getting better lease terms. Or maybe its economy of scale. No one flies more CRJ200s than OO. Add in all the MX bases in southwest that OO has. Or maybe US Airways wanted SkyWest to do the flying and actually accepted a higher bid. Whatever the case may be, SkyWest does not and will not big anything at a loss. Its always better business sense to not fly at all than to fly at a loss, and I think we can all agree that SkyWest, Inc. has the best management team in the regional industry.

Why do people assume the contract always goes to the lowest bidder? You get what you pay for. Even airlines occasionally understand that.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back