• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

mesa...lets go for a ride

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What a worthless thread, be happy you got a ride, dont come on a public board and bash the pilots who flew you. How do you know that they did not know about the coffin corner? Did you give them an oral exam while you were flying with them?

Flew mesa jumpseat recently...wow do they not know about aero or the coffin corner over there. Too high too fast and did not even know it. And what does the saying lets go for a ride mean in a mesa cockpit.

Did they get too fast or too slow? If they were acting unprofessional and caused the airplane to get dangerously close to a stall or mach tuck then action needs to be taken. The problem is that it's your word against both of theirs. Not much you can do unless you can prove that this actually happened. My advice: Don't EVER ride on any MESA operated aircraft. Don't put your loved ones on those airplanes either. If you do you're taking a gamble. You could have a competant crew or chances are a crew who does not give a rip about operating safely. That's why they are at Mesa. They most likely were turned down at numerous other carriers for being clueless tools.

Welcome to the world of the bottom feeders. You get what you pay for. Sub par pilots operating at a sub par airline.

I did say something in a polite way by pulling out a flip chart. And talking about the lear jet issues and mach tuck mistakes in early lear jets that had some unfortunate results. When you feel the high altitude rolling motion and see airspeed close to max you do tend to get concerned

Coffin corner is an issue in RJ's? Coffin corner is where stall speed and Mmo are the same speed. The U2 is the only plane i'm aware of that runs into this issue

Which occurred: Did they full stall, or mach tuck?

I can't seem to find an article about this from any news source.

just google mach tuck + learjet maybe add aileron buzz to your search Im sure there is a lot of stuff out there. If I remember correctly it was the lear 35 that had the problem because of overspeeds with a speed warning cb pulled

Latest resources

Back