• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

mesa...lets go for a ride

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Didn't a 727 have an encounter with this that almost lead to the loss of the aircraft? Seems like they plummeted a long way before recovery. I'll have to look in the books-I think it was a football charter. I don't blame the original poster for talking about it-safety is something we should always feel free to discuss.

edit-nevermind-that was an instrument error accident.

Last edited:
Did they get too fast or too slow? If they were acting unprofessional and caused the airplane to get dangerously close to a stall or mach tuck then action needs to be taken. The problem is that it's your word against both of theirs. Not much you can do unless you can prove that this actually happened. My advice: Don't EVER ride on any MESA operated aircraft. Don't put your loved ones on those airplanes either. If you do you're taking a gamble. You could have a competant crew or chances are a crew who does not give a rip about operating safely. That's why they are at Mesa. They most likely were turned down at numerous other carriers for being clueless tools.

Welcome to the world of the bottom feeders. You get what you pay for. Sub par pilots operating at a sub par airline.

You forgot to mention the exemplary safety record mesa has....wonder why? Why don't we start a list of airlines and pilot caused accidents and see where we stack up......you seem to be the clueless tool.

Did they get too fast or too slow? If they were acting unprofessional and caused the airplane to get dangerously close to a stall or mach tuck then action needs to be taken. The problem is that it's your word against both of theirs. Not much you can do unless you can prove that this actually happened. My advice: Don't EVER ride on any MESA operated aircraft. Don't put your loved ones on those airplanes either. If you do you're taking a gamble. You could have a competant crew or chances are a crew who does not give a rip about operating safely. That's why they are at Mesa. They most likely were turned down at numerous other carriers for being clueless tools.

Welcome to the world of the bottom feeders. You get what you pay for. Sub par pilots operating at a sub par airline.

You ...are... a ....F&*king... idiot..really!!you are!

Bad form, stagger.

In your list of bona fides I don't see where it says you are qualified on that type. As such, how would you know whether they were operating according to their guidance?

You have done nothing to address what may or may not be a problem. All you did was publicly denounce the pilots who graciously offered to take you to your destination. Rather than running your mouth here, perhaps a phone call to their PSC or their training department would have been the more appropriate remedy. Or maybe a little research to determine whether or not YOU are the one operating without sufficient knowledge.

All you have done is reveal what an arrogant, elitist jerk you are.

You must be kidding. Don't you know that Mesa has one of the highest budgets allocated to safety and maintenance of their aging CRJ2s and 7 and 9s? Their current financial status puts them in a position to not cut corners. They have some of the highest paid and most dedicated mechanics all over in PHX and CLT. Not to mention highest paid CRJ7/9 pilots according to JO. There hasn't been any random engines snapping off of CRJ200s and any other incidents recently that I can remember. And as far as their pilots and their saftey, those guys in Hawaii saved their jet and their passengers from going into the pacific by waking up. I would encourage anyone to fly Mesa.

Coffin corner is an issue in RJ's? Coffin corner is where stall speed and Mmo are the same speed. The U2 is the only plane i'm aware of that runs into this issue

There you go again.

Throwing reason and professional knowledge into the middle of an FI expert parade.:laugh:

I do not believe that Stagger actually knows what coffin corner is. Seems like you are the one in need of some education.

I did say something in a polite way by pulling out a flip chart. And talking about the lear jet issues and mach tuck mistakes in early lear jets that had some unfortunate results. When you feel the high altitude rolling motion and see airspeed close to max you do tend to get concerned

Never flew for Mesa. I did fly the ERJ145 for CHQ and it sounds like you've jumped on a 145. "Hi Steve!" (overspeed) warning is a very common thing when you have some updrafts and no auto thrust. I think the AP of the 145 is a bit too aggressive holding altitude. It happens even if you are watching it like a hawk. Unless they went well into red, it was no big deal. I have not heard the clicker or the equivalent since I have transitioned into an auto thrust equipped airplane, that has a much better autopilot. Of course since I was furloughed I have not heard any aural warnings whatsoever... LOL...

Latest resources

Back