mesa...lets go for a ride

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

stagger

Flew mesa jumpseat recently...wow do they not know about aero or the coffin corner over there. Too high too fast and did not even know it. And what does the saying lets go for a ride mean in a mesa cockpit.

I know of at least two airlines that learned about it the hard way. At one airline, it resulted in needless loss of life and property. At another airline, a disaster was averted, and the event resulted in more in depth training and education.

One would think, after the Pinnacle event, that everyone would have been enlightened. The FAA seemed to make all training departments adopt more training and education on this issue. I guess this crew did not get the memo!

Just curious, what type plane was it?

I know of at least two airlines that learned about it the hard way. At one airline, it resulted in needless loss of life and property. At another airline, a disaster was averted, and the event resulted in more in depth training and education.

One would think, after the Pinnacle event, that everyone would have been enlightened. The FAA seemed to make all training departments adopt more training and education on this issue. I guess this crew did not get the memo!

Just curious, what type plane was it?

Change your profile pic!

Flew mesa jumpseat recently...wow do they not know about aero or the coffin corner over there. Too high too fast and did not even know it. And what does the saying lets go for a ride mean in a mesa cockpit.

Even I know of coffin corner and I fly the ERJ. not a real problem in the jungle jet...and be happy you got a ride..they could have left your ass at the gate

Please, tell us more about your situation.

Latest resources

Back