Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa Go'in Solo.....Hawaii Here they come!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
RJP said:
I thought I read in one article that they're looking for local investment. Everything makes it sound as if he'll find a way to make it completely separate from Mesa if he can.

So, since everyone there at Mesa likes there job and is defending it vigorously, I'm just curious how many hours of block time you average a day on a typical month.

It may not be a bad deal you've got going in a CRJ-900 flying "long-haul" but it will be an eye-opener when the 10-leg OGG-HNL-OGG days start.

Mesa pilots typically go from being all starry eyed and SJS to completely cynical and jaded within 6 months to a year, so there is a dividing line there. But what never ceases to amaze me is how quickly some (guys, I said some) of these pilots think "maybe this time JO will do something for *MY* benefit" The same basic truth is that some of the most senior pilots at Mesa are johnny o's #1 beyaches. They have been hosed so many times by JO and they always come back for another beat down. How much seniority did some of them lose with Desert Sun? How much disgrace are the freedom A pilots living with after those broken promises? You freedom A listers amaze me when I hear you fukr's complain about the sh!t contract at Mesa. ITS YOUR OWN F-IN FAULT!

We could have stopped JO in his tracks with his freedom A fiasco but you only enabled him to screw more people and now more often. Now this is being dumped back on my lap. Thanks a lot for nothing! I really thought I was done with JO.

This is props to the mesa guys that fought freedom, props to the san juaners that waited up to two years for their seat while their backstabber classmates took freedom jobs. Props to Rich Pietro for putting Steve Cristl in his place for being permanently attached to jo's crotch. Props to all the guys that have started the "land line only" campaign, props to every mesa guy that has voted NO on future concessions for sh!t 737 pay rates.
PROPS TO ALL MESA PILOTS WILLING TO TOW THE LINE.

The rest of you all can meet me in the parking lot of The Ocean Club where a few of us would like to throw you guys a party when you all start up. Expect it.

Hawaii is great for anyone that will be living here. Hopefully, they'll run a certain Caravan operator out of business, I'll be very happy.

Last edited:
ROLF!

IslandHopper, you crack me up! You're one sad, bitter dude to spend so much time trashing Mesa so long after you left the place. And dude, most of us KNOW WHO YOU ARE.

Now you're gonna beat up MAG pilots who go to Hawaii (re: "party in the parking lot")? Even if they're junior assigned? What are you, stuck in 7th grade or something? Abused as a child? Please, beat me up when I get there, and I'll be happy to have you arrested for assult, sue your sorry ass AND get you fired. Welcome to the world ADULTS live in.

Hey, if JO can come up with a better way to do inter-island flying, it's not our fault. JO might not be the best pilot-friendly manager, BUT HE KNOWS HOW TO MAKE MONEY, something your airline can't seem to grasp . . . . Ask pilots at Mesaba, Pinnacle, Comair, FlyI if they'd rather have a job or a pilot-friendly boss, and YOU (and you only) might be surprised . . .

I call DORK!

Last edited:
islandhopper said:
The rest of you all can meet me in the parking lot of The Ocean Club where a few of us would like to throw you guys a party when you all start up. Expect it.
Is this going to be on Paddler's Night. That way i can get in free with an aloha shirt. Jachoff says he's going to be there. Should be good kine fun.

Word in the locker room is that Jonathan and Islandhoper had a very bitter breakup. He wont let it go and will corner anyone who will listen to his side. Bra, let it go, get some Valtrex for the ass herpes and find another lover!

synchoff said:
ROLF!

IslandHopper, you crack me up! You're one sad, bitter dude to spend so much time trashing Mesa so long after you left the place. And dude, most of us KNOW WHO YOU ARE.

Now you're gonna beat up MAG pilots who go to Hawaii (re: "party in the parking lot")? Even if they're junior assigned?

As long as Mesa is going after narrow body pay rates, Honolulu bases and my companies operating certificate I will continue.

Sad maybe I might have to agree with you there, but you shouldnt be laughing either synchoff. There arent going to be any junior assigned Mesa pilots doing this flying. WTF do you thing JO is going to do? Send you guys TDY to the Hilton Hawaiian Village? Wake up and listen to your own hotline.

islandhopper said:
Mesa pilots typically go from being all starry eyed and SJS to completely cynical and jaded within 6 months to a year, so there is a dividing line there. QUOTE]

SJS? Don't you mean SJC?

YOU are a San Juan College program graduate, aren't you?: YES or NO

You my friend retain the title of king of BS when it comes to this subject.

BTW: Most of us wouldn't give a S what you say about Mesa -- who really does? The point is you better stop trashing our guys and focus your immature rants on management instead.

Hawaiiansmurf said:
...and start offering lunch for the interviews (no brown-bags)

he he he! funny! Unless of course they contain Colt 45 malt liquor 40's!

Airbeast said:
Hawaii is great for anyone that will be living here. Hopefully, they'll run a certain Caravan operator out of business, I'll be very happy.

Naw, that's not going to happen, we're going to be flying our mostly full Vans around like we have been and enjoying watching the gladiators kill one another.

I worked for Air Midwest when Mesa took them over.

The only good thing was the metro's were replaced with Beech 1900's.

Our pilots were quickly beat into submission as was maintenance. Pilots creed was "if it makes noise, we'll fly it-we're Mesa!"

Mesa paid pilots ny the mile then, ala Swift Transportation and other trucking companies.

Welcome to the islands Mesa, don't unpack to much tho!

When I flew them, they were anything but full. 1/2 time the LUP and Hana are empty, even Hilo and Kona has less than 4 people half the time. Something tells me they won't be enjoying watching the gladiators killing one another once their EAS is up. :) It won't be much longer - they'll get what they deserve. You should know better yourself. Run while you can. Just be happy you're on the Hangar side where you don't have to see the everyday crap.

skydivinguy said:
Naw, that's not going to happen, we're going to be flying our mostly full Vans around like we have been and enjoying watching the gladiators kill one another.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back