• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa furloughing

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Other than train hundreds, if not thousands, of pilots who used that quick upgrade and valuable OTJ experience to work for every major airline, cargo carrier, and fractional in America (and some great international carriers like, ahem, Cathay Pacific :) ).

This might not be "positive for the industry" in your book: thousands of former Mesa pilots who have some fantastic jobs now may disagree . . .
You really are dumb. At what point did I say the ex mesa pilots are the problem? I said it was MESA. What do you think it's supposed to be, a flying lesson when you're taking all of those unsuspecting paying passengers? It's not on the job training, it's a friggin job! I am not wasting any more of my time arguing with your 400 hour @ss...there hasn't been one post you've ever made on here that has had a valid point. Go work at McDonalds where you belong, junior.

One positive thing MESA pilots have done is that they haven't killed any of their passengers unlike some of the other regionals.

Kudos for a history of non-fatalities and safety with their crews members.

Air Midwest January 8, 2003. KCLT. All 21 passengers and crew were killed, you disrespectful greenhorn.

Mesa Airlines, you putz. Where were you, P.E.? You were probably still in high school when that happened.

Any airline can have a fatality any day. Knock on wood, there will never be another. You're an a$$hole for even bringing such a topic up.

Last edited:
One positive thing MESA pilots have done is that they haven't killed any of their passengers unlike some of the other regionals.

So you're saying we should give them credit for not crashing...you forget about that Beech 1900 that smoked the hangar in CLT a few years ago? I know I've puckered up on more than a few occasions riding in back on air shuttle...most of the time it's fine but it's usually pretty obvious from the ride when one of your 200 hour bonanza drivers is at the helm. I think at our contract negotiation we should insist on full deadhead pay on mesa like it's hazard pay...yeah that's a good idea :)

Last edited:
You really are dumb. At what point did I say the ex mesa pilots are the problem? I said it was MESA. What do you think it's supposed to be, a flying lesson when you're taking all of those unsuspecting paying passengers? It's not on the job training, it's a friggin job! I am not wasting any more of my time arguing with your 400 hour @ss...there hasn't been one post you've ever made on here that has had a valid point. Go work at McDonalds where you belong, junior.

Heh. Struck a nerve there, eh?

Ex-Mesa pilots are "ex" precisely because of the high quality time their jobs at Mesa provided them to move onto better things. Like, say, working for an airline.

I'm sorry if you believe Mesa is ruining your never-ending career in the contract lift providing world. I'd suggest that you wake up and realize the contract world is, and always will be, about underbidding and undercutting other "regionals" for contracts. Contract lift in the regional world will never be a long-term carrier.

So you're saying we should give them credit for not crashing...you forget about that Beech 1900 that smoked the hangar in CLT a few years ago?

erikgigem : This entire line of "reasoning" is in very poor taste. Grow up.

Brownstreak: Mesa pilots didn't cause that accident. A combination of:
  • an overloaded airplane (due to the then grossly inadequate "standard weights" then allowed by the FAA)
  • An improperly trimmed control surface that was incorrectly re-assembled by 3rd party contracted maintenance
led to a situation where no action by the pilots could have detected a problem, prevented an accident, or saved that flight once airborne.

For you to imply otherwise makes you a fool. You neither score points or advance your agenda by spitting on the graves of 2 fine pilots who did not in any way deserve the hand they were dealt.

Well you should really thank the mesa FA's, because they were 20 miles south of the Big Island when she called and woke them up.

Deleted, not worth it, this guy's a flame bait scumbag, and the other one bringing up Mesa's "safety record" and "forgetting" about their own accidents is just assinine and not worth getting into this anymore.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back