• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa furloughing

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Only one person in this whole thread said "Mesa Sucks"? I, too, am beginning to thank my lucky stars that I also didn't have to pay $10 for membership.

Mesa has never done anything positive for this industry that I can think of. You can blame the pilots and the management for different parts of why you guys suck. Management wants to cut corners and run a half @ss operation at the expense of the brand names you've helped to ruin, and the pilots are more than happy to accept a lousy contract with no decent work rules....just to fly the "9" (I still wish I'd smacked that tool that said that to me). But, the point is it's about time you guys had to hold the bag of sh!t that the rest of us have had to carry because of your undercutting and all the rest of the nonsense. You and your company have contributed (note, I did not say caused) several pilots to end up on the streets and several companies to close doors. I really don't know what makes you think anyone is going to have any sympathy for this situation....you deserve it!

CFI I'm going to have go ahead and sort-of....disagree with you.

I have never been that impressed with Whataburger...always seemed pretty run-of-the-mill burger to me.

To be fair, I haven't eaten there many times.

...Well this is the end of this thread...

Recap: went from Mesa furlough, to mesa pilots rot in hell, to In N' Out burger taste better than whataburger... Classic FI Post

One positive thing MESA pilots have done is that they haven't killed any of their passengers unlike some of the other regionals.

Kudos for a history of non-fatalities and safety with their crews members.

Respectfully to the families involved, you're incorrect.

Mesa has never done anything positive for this industry that I can think of.

Other than train hundreds, if not thousands, of pilots who used that quick upgrade and valuable OTJ experience to work for every major airline, cargo carrier, and fractional in America (and some great international carriers like, ahem, Cathay Pacific :) ).

This might not be "positive for the industry" in your book: thousands of former Mesa pilots who have some fantastic jobs now may disagree . . .

Latest resources

Back