• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa furloughing

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hahahaha! Comparing Mesa to Gojet like Mesa's the better carrier. That's funny, right there, I don't care who ya are.

No other airline is more responsible for BRINGING DOWN the regional's pay than MESA. At least Go Jet has a decent pay and contract and isn't the anchor man for pay. Nice try.

Having said that, I certainly don't wish ANY airline to furlough, including Mesa. Hell, if Mesa is furloughing, even the bottom of the bottom feeders can't make it, and we're all in a world of hurt. Best of luck.

Wrong scumbag.....get your facts right. It was Southwest that created this environment.

I'm sorry, but the pilots are somewhat to blame. You can't blame it all on management. These pilots chose these jobs and it is them who sit at the other end of the negotiating table.

Then start pointing the finger at the mainlines for losing their balls and releasing scope.

Mesa was a $hitty operation when it was flying Beech 99's. And that's probably before a lot of its current pilots were born.

Once again.....what a thread same ******************** different day....man I'm glad I got in before you had to waste 10 bucks on this site.

Who is putting Express Jet out of business? Why did Big Sky go out of Business? Skywest started people at $19/hr for quite a while are they bottom feeders? Regionals are flying mainline routes all the time which probably has something to do with mainline pilots being furloughed. Blaming Mesa for all that ills our profession is not realistic nor is it helping anyone.

I never blamed Mesa for ALL the ills of our profession, just responded to a previous poster that GO had a little something to do with Aloha going under...do you disagree with that????

Exactly. You Mesa turds knew what you were getting into when you went to work there. So your dreams of a quick jet upgrade on the backs of thousands of other regional pilots isn't quite panning out like you planned??? Karma's a real biatch somtimes.

Ah yes, another "my company is better" mentality. It doesn't matter who it is. Furloughs aren't good. Also don't forget that things could change for the cadre over there. The TA on the table is a huge step in the right direction. Should get block or better, increase in DH pay to 75%, and an increase in salary to name a few items. The DFI clause would be great but it remains to be seen if the company will approve that. Karma is a real bitch to all the regionals at the moment, not just at Mesa.

Care to explain that statement.

He is probably talking about how Southwest used to be the lowest paid in the industry. For many folks back in the day Southwest was the choice after you got turned down by every other major airline.

I remember many of the US Airways (along with other airlines) folks bad mouthing SouthWest. Southwest contract sucks, Lowest paid 737 drivers, they have no retirement. You gotta pay for a Type rating to work there.

"You like apples?" We'll now a Captain on a 737 at Southwest makes more then a Captain on the Airbus 330 at US Airways. "How you like dem Apples!"

Like someone said, "Karma's a bitch"

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back