• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa furloughing

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
49 pilots were furloughed. Company email is the source. They were all in new hire training. The email went on to state that they intend to defend the Delta CRJ contract and the furloughs were as a result of the uncertainty of the situation. There is a standing bid out for the displacement of the JFK CRJ crews. Right now it looks like all of this is just precautionary. You never really know in this industry.

I'm sorry, but the pilots are somewhat to blame. You can't blame it all on management. These pilots chose these jobs and it is them who sit at the other end of the negotiating table.

I'm sorry, but the pilots are somewhat to blame. You can't blame it all on management. These pilots chose these jobs and it is them who sit at the other end of the negotiating table.

Exactly. You Mesa turds knew what you were getting into when you went to work there. So your dreams of a quick jet upgrade on the backs of thousands of other regional pilots isn't quite panning out like you planned??? Karma's a real biatch somtimes.

Yes, JO took advantage of the Majors Hiring. Why not have a airline where you have sh$t workrules and pay for a chance of a quick upgrade. Hell, most of us would have taken a chance to upgrade in a Jet in two years and then by your 4 or 5 year at Mesa be at a major. This worked for many of there pilots.

Many don't remember when he said, "I pay my pilots more then enough money, every newhire class I run is full.
Times are changing. The internet (like Flightinfo) has help let people know what the hell goes on at the airlines, and now he (JO) realizes that the majors aren't hiring and if he wants to keep people he might have to "show them the money!"

This might be a good chance for MAG pilots..... Good Luck!

Good luck to all those furloughed. I'm not a fan of Mesa management (who is?), but this isn't something that I would wish on anyone, especially a fellow pilot.

With that said, this can't be a surprise to anyone. Heck, if Mesa folded up tomorrow, I doubt anyone would be that shocked.

Someone mentioned, however, that Mesa pilots are "getting what they deserved." I suppose that may be true, in some cases, but you really can't account for the individual reasons that people decided to work there. Maybe, for example, someone lived in PHX and doesn't want to commute so they can spend more time with their family. I wouldn't fault them at all for that, even if the management team completely sucks.

-Goose

F$%@ Em...Every Mesa pilot deserves to lose their job. They signed the contract that put others out of business. Karma's a btch you mesa ******************************s!

F$%@ Em...Every Mesa pilot deserves to lose their job. They signed the contract that put others out of business. Karma's a btch you mesa ******************************s!
I would not worry about topdawg. If you go read most of his posting in the past. Almost every on has to do with Mesa or JO. I think he is in love with mesa

Latest resources

Back