• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa ERJ CA Upgrade @ 1 year

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just a follow-up to what this original thread was. Our Standing Bid dept screwed up and issued a retraction. ERJ CA back-tracked to about a year and a half.

With that said though. It still skipped over 60+ FO's in the ERJ. You can see that no one wants to get stuck with the Freedom name.

E170 complicated?

I guess that means my Ford needs a type rating too.......

The beer's on me for the A-10 guy.

OPECJet said:
E170 complicated?

I guess that means my Ford needs a type rating too.......

The beer's on me for the A-10 guy.

Couldn't resist. I would take you up on the beer but that would show my identity. It wont be in an E170 domicile!

No worries. I wouldn't be in an E170 domicile either. I don't drink KoolAid, or FlavorAid.

FreedomAList said:
Keep reapeating:

FREEDOM (shame)
(not)
SCUM. + a-listers yadda yadda . . .

Which words are gonna be remembered? You're pretty set about expressing your anger about Freedom yourself . . . the rage comes through not the "but".

IF You really care about the Freedom "C" guys, just drop the rage and congradulate em, not re-live ancient history. Or keep the Freedom mantra going . . .. bad,bad,bad,bad,bad . . . (but now good, ok, cuz it's receved the blessing of His Holiness DW and Arch Bishop/stool pegion AH)

Pretty funny that you guys keep this going, especially since none of the A-Listers are even there anymore, and won't suffer any desperately-hoped for "consequences"

I really don't think I was perpetuating any "cliches", but the sad fact is: these "c" guys will suffer because of the actions of the A-listers such as yourself (apparently, self proclaimed). I know your bad decision must still haunt you. Good... I know you want it to all just go away... It won't... It's just sad that our (poor excuse for a) company revived the freedom name. I feel for those who have been forced into wearing the badge that carries such stigma.

As a compliment to them, I was passing the word that these guys aren't what some uninformed may think. They do not deserve to be pissed on.

Whatever, anyway A-lister. According to your post, you have moved on to greener pastures with the rest of the douchebags. You say you want to let the stigma of the A-lister Die, yet you still retain that screenname...

sennant said:
Just a follow-up to what this original thread was. Our Standing Bid dept screwed up and issued a retraction. ERJ CA back-tracked to about a year and a half.

With that said though. It still skipped over 60+ FO's in the ERJ. You can see that no one wants to get stuck with the Freedom name.

Its not the Freedom name anymore....its the fact that Delta has only named MCO for 17 airplanes the destination of the other 19 is To Be announced and who wants to bid CA with a three year seat lock and have no idea where you are going. These junior guys that think they are going to Florida may not be if Boston or Salt Lake are the other places named for the placement of the leftover ERJ's.

eastflier said:
Whats the deal with this E170 guppykiller. Why does everyone hate him. Is there something I am missing. And why did he put pilots on the street. Someoe care to elaborate. Thank you

Guppy is the nickname given to the B737. Mainline B737's are being replaced by regional jets, small jets...whatever you want to call them being flown by regional airline affiliates (like Chautauqua, Mid-Atlantic, Shuttle America, etc...) at substantially reduced pay rates for the pilots.

I believe that people are upset with this guy/girl because of his screen name. Because he uses this screen name he seems to be happy about the fact that he is flying a jet for a regional which has replaced (or displaced) thousands of mainline B737 drivers, myself included. I'm furloughed from United and actually went back to work for one of its regional affiliates flying the exact same routes and passengers I did while at mainline on the B737. I was happy to have a job, but not happy at all about the circumstances. Oh yeah, I took an 86% paycut too.

The unfortunate outcome of this shift in flying is that there are now a reduced number of jobs at the major airlines. This means that pilots will now be flying for longer periods of time at a regional airline making crappy wages. The industry has changed for the worse in just five short years and "GuppyKiller" seems to be enjoying watching other pilots misfortunes. I've been in the airline industry now for 16 years and flying jets for 9 years. When you get right down to it, a plane is just a plane. They are mostly the same (at least airliners). Heck, I'd rather fly something smaller if I could still get the same pay and benefits. If "GuppyKiller" really is an airline pilot, he's an idiot. Probably has "Shiny Jet Syndrome".

If this person truly is a pilot and I ever found out he/she was interviewing at my airline he would not be hired.

GP

I have never seen so many people fall for so many flamebait posts. I can count at least 3 posters in this thread who are only existing to flamebait people and you idiots fall for it every time. Classic.

GuppyPuppy said:
Guppy is the nickname given to the B737. Mainline B737's are being replaced by regional jets, small jets...whatever you want to call them being flown by regional airline affiliates (like Chautauqua, Mid-Atlantic, Shuttle America, etc...) at substantially reduced pay rates for the pilots.

I believe that people are upset with this guy/girl because of his screen name. Because he uses this screen name he seems to be happy about the fact that he is flying a jet for a regional which has replaced (or displaced) thousands of mainline B737 drivers, myself included. I'm furloughed from United and actually went back to work for one of its regional affiliates flying the exact same routes and passengers I did while at mainline on the B737. I was happy to have a job, but not happy at all about the circumstances. Oh yeah, I took an 86% paycut too.

The unfortunate outcome of this shift in flying is that there are now a reduced number of jobs at the major airlines. This means that pilots will now be flying for longer periods of time at a regional airline making crappy wages. The industry has changed for the worse in just five short years and "GuppyKiller" seems to be enjoying watching other pilots misfortunes. I've been in the airline industry now for 16 years and flying jets for 9 years. When you get right down to it, a plane is just a plane. They are mostly the same (at least airliners). Heck, I'd rather fly something smaller if I could still get the same pay and benefits. If "GuppyKiller" really is an airline pilot, he's an idiot. Probably has "Shiny Jet Syndrome".

If this person truly is a pilot and I ever found out he/she was interviewing at my airline he would not be hired.

GP

Why single out Shuttle America, MDA, and Chautauqua? Almost every regional is flying 70 seat aircraft. So why is Republic Holdings (CHQ) always singled out as being the "bad guys"? 70 seats is 70 seats regardless of the aircraft. Look at Mesa. If you want to complain, complain about them. They fly 90 seat CRJ's.

Latest resources

Back