Mesa ERJ CA Upgrade @ 1 year

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
spitfire1500 said:
Its not the Freedom name anymore....its the fact that Delta has only named MCO for 17 airplanes the destination of the other 19 is To Be announced and who wants to bid CA with a three year seat lock and have no idea where you are going. These junior guys that think they are going to Florida may not be if Boston or Salt Lake are the other places named for the placement of the leftover ERJ's.

Exactly right.

The Freedom stigma isn't what it was. Even non-Mesa folks who don't generally keep up on regional news or care are hearing that Freedom is now (and has been for 2.5 years) entirely integrated with the ALPA-represented Mesa pilot group.

No one wants the upgrade because a substantial number of the ERJ peeps live in CLT and dread the MCO commute/relocation. That and MCO is not going to be the mega-domicile that CLT was. There will be more than one Delta base, and we don't know where it or they will be.

RP170 said:
Why single out Shuttle America, MDA, and Chautauqua? Almost every regional is flying 70 seat aircraft. So why is Republic Holdings (CHQ) always singled out as being the "bad guys"? 70 seats is 70 seats regardless of the aircraft. Look at Mesa. If you want to complain, complain about them. They fly 90 seat CRJ's.

OK Dingus.

I made a statement about B737 flying being shifted to those three companies. I did not complain about these companies specifically. Notice that I did write "etc..." after listing those three companies. Should I have listed ALL of the regional airlines that fly jets for a mainline partner?

If you actually read my post you would understand that I was complaining about the use of a screen name and the arrogance and ignorance it portrays.

For the sake of RP170:

Shuttle America
Chautauqua
Mid Atlantic
PSA
Horizon
SkyWest
American Eagle
Air Wisconsin
Pinnacle
Mesaba
ASA
Comair
Continental Express
Trans States
Mesa

Did I miss any?

Enjoy the trailer park.

GP

GuppyPuppy said:
OK Dingus.

I made a statement about B737 flying being shifted to those three companies. I did not complain about these companies specifically. Notice that I did write "etc..." after listing those three companies. Should I have listed ALL of the regional airlines that fly jets for a mainline partner?

If you actually read my post you would understand that I was complaining about the use of a screen name and the arrogance and ignorance it portrays.

For the sake of RP170:

Shuttle America
Chautauqua
Mid Atlantic
PSA
Horizon
SkyWest
American Eagle
Air Wisconsin
Pinnacle
Mesaba
ASA
Comair
Continental Express
Trans States
Mesa

Did I miss any?

Enjoy the trailer park.

GP

Thanks for taking the time to post those for all of us to see.

Now hold on, Continental Express doesn't fly 70 seaters, although they have ruined many of Continental's 737 routes and are arguably doing almost as much damage with extended-range erj's.

Continental is waiting to give that 70 seater flying to chitaco or mesa.

Cadillac said:
Now hold on, Continental Express doesn't fly 70 seaters, although they have ruined many of Continental's 737 routes and are arguably doing almost as much damage with extended-range erj's.

Continental is waiting to give that 70 seater flying to chitaco or mesa.

I never said that COEx or any of those airlines listed flew 70 seaters. Some do, some don't. Regardless, 50 seaters as well as 70 and 90 seaters are replacing B737's and MD80's/DC-9's. I know this first hand all too well and it sounds like you do too.

Cadillac - do you know if you buy a ticket on CO from, say PIT-PSP that you could possibly get routed the entire trip on an RJ? I know that COEx operates both cities from IAH. Or, does a portion of the trip need to be on CO mainline due to a scope?

Cheers!

GP

GuppyPuppy said:
Cadillac - do you know if you buy a ticket on CO from, say PIT-PSP that you could possibly get routed the entire trip on an RJ? I know that COEx operates both cities from IAH. Or, does a portion of the trip need to be on CO mainline due to a scope?

There is no requirement for a passenger to be on a mainline airplane for any portion of their trip, so yes, they could fly on an RJ from PIT to PSP or from IAD to BOI, or even from LCH to LIT. That said, if anyone want to throw blame somewhere for the fact we do a lot of long haul flying, etc, they should be pointing it at the former IACP (not CAL ALPA MEC) since they allowed XJT to have as many 50 seat jets as management wanted.

-Neal

Halo_RJdriver said:
E170GUPPYKILLER????
TAKE YOUR E180 TO THE HANGER AND STFU
Low life walmart FAg

more like E170GUPPYKUNT!!!!!!
diggin the hate. i shouldn't but i do.

Latest resources

Back