MESA AT ORD... Comedy

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ADG said:
"rightrudder" are you controller? You just came off a little bit sensitive there. I think we all agree being a controller is not easy. Especially, at high density airports.

Anyway, back to the subject...

ADG

No, i'm not a controller. I just do most of my flying out of ORD and think the controllers there do a fantastic job managing the huge volume of traffic. And most keep a pretty good sense of humor about it too. But, don't get me started on our own company ops at ORD, that's another sad story.

RR

Re: Re: MESA AT ORD... Comedy

LearLove said:
This is crap, as much as I may not like Mesa your full of $hit. I may only be 29 but I've been flying along time and don't think any controller would be this unprofessional.

" "I suggest you call ur company and send a memo to your pilots to get a clue otherwise don't bother coming into ORD again! U guys are messing up the operations" "

Most of the time in a situation like this the comment (if they made a comment at all) would be much more witty and many times more clean/smooth.

Anyway like someone stated already "wrong call sign dip$hit".

Yes 29 year old it happens...I've heard it on Chicago Center and NY center, ORD ground, tower etc.....I can't even tell you how many times UAL messes up at ORD, you'd think they were never at any airport in their life,don't their planes have auto throttles or did they lose those when they declared CHP 11?? ha ha. General Lee I have to agree ATL has the best contollers I have ever dealt, I mean dixed with...

I have to agree that ORD ground controllers can act like that. Was taxing out one day and a COEX pushed back onto A taxiway from the end of the E gates, right into the traffic and screwed up the whole sequence. Well the controller went off on those two guys for what seemed like 5 minutes then he sent them off to the penalty box as punishment until he got the flow working again. Point is it does happen in ORD, while the controllers are great they do not tolerate any deviation from ORD SOP which is never ever stop and never ever block a taxiway. It happens to every airline at ORD once or twice a day so I would have to believe it has happened to MESA already.

SaladShooter said:
while the controllers are great they do not tolerate any deviation from ORD SOP which is never ever stop and never ever block a taxiway.

Truer words were never spoken, but you forgot the third rule of ORD OPS -

Never ever question ground control, or key the mic unless you absolutely ready to talk. ORD Ground could get 5 clearances out in a long "uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

They don't do that in ATL---the ORD guys are really wound up.

Mookie said:
ord is a real peach. we got yelled at the other day for trying to get out of the controllers way.

us: "ground, skywest____, gates open."
controller: "skywest, I dont' care, just go to the scenic penalty box."
us: "uh...ground...., we're already there!."
controller: "ok...everyone just shut up on frequency so I can figure out where everyone is!"

classic...
Mookie

What up Mook?

The big, bad, scary ORD controllers getting to your soft, fragile feelings? I can't wait 'til that place is a distant, distant shell of a nightmare. Well, it's great to be IN the club that gets paid for box time, isn't it?

Tailwinds...

No2Bttmfeeders,

I hope they can repeat the task soon just to p!ss you off, maybee they can do it longer the next time. Sure seems like the end of the world to me, wow.. - I am going to go grab a bible and say a few prayers.. Absolutely unreal you had to experience this..(much sarcasm intended).. You may want to look into getting laid, I am sure you may be able to find a prostitute.

what a joke-

3 5 0

Similar laughs at DCA....

Mr Bottom Feeder, When Mesa started flying into DCA, (or LGA BOS etc) its was painful and I made my share of mistakes similar to the traumatic episode you so vividly described. It took me a while, but learned to blend in and actually enjoyed the challenge found there, as my domicile for 3 years. When Eagle started going there, they got yelled at for a while, so did Comair, and on and on. My curent employer had a crew overfly P56 and Georges house AFTER getting vectored to IAD for gumming up the "word"! I remember when the "new kids" goofed up the River Vis 19 or wouldn't circle to 33 EVER, making life hard for all involved. It was go around central and the verbal a$$woopin's we doled out regularly. It's a familiarity thing, but a person of your considerable experience may already know that by now. This is the silliest post since some US Wholly-owned guy whined about a go around going to 32 @ PIT, maybe you should have a beer togeather and compare notes on the basic unfairness of you plight? Blue skies...

dispatchguy said:
Truer words were never spoken, but you forgot the third rule of ORD OPS -

Never ever question ground control, or key the mic unless you absolutely ready to talk. ORD Ground could get 5 clearances out in a long "uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

The first rule being that under no circumstances are you to bring your aircraft to a stop, ever, before reaching the gate or the tail of the airplane in front of you. Even if it means circling around the terminal again for another try.

Nothing will blow fuses up in the tower cab faster that someone wandering around, really slow.

Best,
Nu

Latest resources

Back