MESA AT ORD... Comedy

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Otto Coarsen said:
#1 That difference is less than 50 cents in those two particular examples, so you are demonstrating that you guys are "right on track" with our rates...

#2 I don't want to hear again about how your contract is from 97.... What, was there no bar to lower back then? You know **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** well mesas contract was drawn in a bad economy plus the rest of the crap our pilots had going on to deal with.

#3 at least @ mesa, one has a chance at making captain wages

#4 with DOS+18, 36, and 54 on our contract the rates by far surpass those you quoted of your contract, which have to by now be DOS+54

Otto, you couldn't be more wrong. The idea of ALPA collective bargaining is that each subsequent contract would "raise the bar" to pull all our wages up where they should be. ACA signed a good contract, the we at Comair had to walk the line for 89 days to better it. Then, Air Whiskey topped ours (only to give it back). To say that your contract matches up well with a contract that was signed in 97 is totally flawed.

BTW, 5 year Comair captain is $65.51 in the 50 seater. And $1.65 per diem.

No doubt that comair has a good contract.

What I'm saying is that 97 and early 2003 were very different economic times...

I think Comairs contract was a good point at which to set the bar and had things not changed so drastically on 9/11/01, I think many other carriers would have raised it since then... Bottom line is that NO one has. It is not a shot at anyones cajones or lack thereof, it's merely a statement of things have changed... Pre-9/11 when RJs were getting delivered at a rediculous rate EVERYWHERE, it was time to finally make a point and get better pay and benefits. With all the growth, there was no excuse not to..

Since then and until recently, alot of guys and gals were/are on the streets. Job security is/was/has been key.

Co-ex pays crap. Mesa pays crap. Alot of other regionals pay crap.

Continental express is far from being some icon of great pay and benefits. Exjet pilots on THIS board are the biggest bitchers and whiners out of anyone. They are also the biggest mesa bashers, even exceeding ACA pilots whom have more recently since the dropping of the JO threat, taken a more sympathetic and objective look at our pilot group.

Re: Re: Re: Re: MESA AT ORD... Comedy

Mugs said:
Are you really an AA pilot or do you just dress up in front of the mirror and act like one? Sorry ace, but I have heard plenty of screw ups from your side as well. The last one was I watched was an Eagle abort a takeoff on 9L thanks to an F-100 failing to hold short ---- after landing on 14L! The bottom line is, we all have moments that we are not so proud of. Each is as guilty as the other. Unfortunately, you are too stupid to realize it.

Wow Mugs the insults..."stupid" ummm to answer your question yes I am a AA pilot and yes we also make mistakes....so is it about time you all closed up shop at ORD and got out of our way? You and your 6 or so commuters need to go, that's if your even a UAL pilot. Whats it like standing in front of your mirror praying you don't get furloughed or your company doesn't go CHP 7?........

Jeezus

I thought this thread would be about radio funnies we all hear at the various airports we fly or jumpseat thru, then it devolved into a thread about this dickhead being a dickhead because he's at Mesa, my contract (read peter) is bigger than yours, or how dare you sign a crappy contract.

WAA WAA WAA - get over it! I know not one of you had a gun pointed at your head when you sat for your commercial or ATP checkride - and no one was promised the gold at the end of the friggin rainbow, and if you believed it, its your own darned fault! If you dont like the industry - GET OUT! Go become a real estate shmoe, sell amway, or something, or learn the phrase "6.24, first window please."

I just had to get that off my chest.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: MESA AT ORD... Comedy

AAPilot said:
Wow Mugs the insults..."stupid" ummm to answer your question yes I am a AA pilot and yes we also make mistakes....so is it about time you all closed up shop at ORD and got out of our way? You and your 6 or so commuters need to go, that's if your even a UAL pilot. Whats it like standing in front of your mirror praying you don't get furloughed or your company doesn't go CHP 7?........

Typical sky nazi bs! So busy bad mouthing another airline and not even seeing the same troubles in your own backyard. Hope turnabout is far play for pieces of sh!t like you. Shouldn't you be focusing on how many more times you'll bend over for management in the future! Next time you won't have the TWA pilot group to screw over and save you from furlough.

Last edited:
Otto Coarsen said:

Continental express is far from being some icon of great pay and benefits. Exjet pilots on THIS board are the biggest bitchers and whiners out of anyone.

You know you're absolutely right. However, Coex pilots have a different experience/perspective because of our dealings with the super scabs at Continental. One senior Captain at Coex told me once that airline pilots are the most selfish people you'll ever meet. Kinda blunt huh? Its arguable though that there are different levels to this phisolophy. Most of the super scabs (off-the-street scabs from the 80s during the Continental strike) at Continental to this day disrupt our MEC in a negative way, basically they don't care how thier actions affect anyone else. It's been a headache dealing with them. Now I applying some of those general attitudes toward the Mesa situation, and from my perspective the Mesa pilot group didn't thing long term about their actions.

Last March, I jumpseated on Mesa from Panama City to Orlando. Nice crew, but we briefly discussed the fact that voting on the new contract was commencing. He told me that he was voting Yes so he could just build the time and jump ship to Southwest Airlines. That seems to be the prevailing attitude that Mesa is just a time builder. Yet if the trend were to continue on piss poor contracts at the "regionals", how long will it be until Canadair builds a 150 seater, call it a "regional jet" and then Mesa flies it under a substandard contract? How many mainline/major airline jobs are going to left under this scenario? This industry is one big headache, so are most other industries, but if you're proactive, you can make a difference.

at DFW yesterday (18L)

ASA RJ missed a call from tower and this proceeded.

DFW: Candler XXX 18L taxi into position and hold.....(3 seconds of dead time)...ok Candler you lose, Delta XXX 18L taxi into position and hold

ASA: Hey Candler XXX is number one here at 18L

DFW: not anymore, hold short.

lovely!

Thanks for the re-direct Citationlover!

Nice job getting this thread back to something worth reading. All of you disgruntled whiney arses go hug your ____ (wife, kid, mom, dad, grandma, grandpa, gf, etc.) and get over yourselves. Does it really make you feel better to take shots at others? If the answer is yes...you are some sad a$$ fockers. Be constructive... fer cryin in the mud.

W

Latest resources

Back