• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

MESA AT ORD... Comedy

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
HEY MOOKIE!!!! I left you a present in your box!!! Oh, and it was "skywest..jus...jus..just go to the scenic pad", "uh sir, were already in the penalty box"....."allright everyone in the penalty box just shut up and wait for me to call you"...I love ORD, it's great for overtime pay but it sure would be cool to have the 'tribal knowledge' to avoid getting yelled at.

Last edited:
General Lee said:
They don't do that in ATL---the ORD guys are really wound up.

ATL also has a nice set of parallel runways that probably makes it a bit easier compared to the jungle of concrete at O'Hare. Toughest ATC job in the world is probably O'Hare Ground. Every airline screws up here and there; though bashing of Mesa is well justified in my humble opinion.

( ofcourse there is "Smiley" on the tower freq sometimes...he isn't very enthusiastic)

Doesn't that guy work approach sometimes as well? Either it's the same guy or there are two different miserable bastards in ATL. I think he (or they) need some serious therapy!

Anyone that ever went to STL before all
that nice paint got stripped off the TWA
planes knows what a zoo that was.

The real reason AA de-hubbed STL? All
those ord and dfw crews couldn't adapt...

Ha...hahaha!

THE RULES

Rule #1... DON'T STOP....EVAR!!!!
Rule #2....DON'T CALL OUTBOUND GROUND...EVAR!!!
Rule #3... When you get yelled at (you WILL get yelled at) just suck it up like a big boy and MOVE YOUR AIRPLANE!!!
Rule #4....see rule #1

Funniest 2 things I've personally heard at ORD:
1) Korean... this is the 3rd time, you either get the clearance right this time or you are staying in Chicago!!!
2) Skywest... welcome to Chicago and don't slow down!!!

One thing you develop working in ORD is a thick skin. Once you have the thick skin, its HILARIOUS to listen to the OTHER guys making the same mistakes you have.

Re: Re: MESA AT ORD... Comedy

LearLove said:
This is crap, as much as I may not like Mesa your full of $hit. I may only be 29 but I've been flying along time and don't think any controller would be this unprofessional.

" "I suggest you call ur company and send a memo to your pilots to get a clue otherwise don't bother coming into ORD again! U guys are messing up the operations" "

Most of the time in a situation like this the comment (if they made a comment at all) would be much more witty and many times more clean/smooth.

Anyway like someone stated already "wrong call sign dip$hit".

I heard a controller tear a ERAU guy up a month ago in PIE. For a solid 2 minutes he grilled him on the finer points of ground control vs. clearance, and IFR vs. VFR clearances. They are out there, but from another plane it's always a little entertaining.

There is no denying that O'Hare is big and busy, and that the controllers have to be on their game to get the job done there.

However, wasting already congested frequency time to harangue pilots who may not have a photographic memory of the airport diagram that they reviewed prior to push/approach is counterproductive and downright unprofessional.

I was landing 4R the other night and cleared to land "plan to exit Q" (or full length anyway I don't have the plates with me now). As the FO is getting the reversers out after a particularly smooth touchdown and we are rocketing past the high speed exit, the same guy who told us to take it to the end in his initial landing clearance asks if we are going to make the high speed. We respond that we will not and spend the next several seconds being reminded that there are other airplanes behind us who would like to use the runway and could we not "dilley dalley" on the runway.

Bottom line, we all have difficult jobs to do at times and doing them right sometimes means stopping and reviewing where we are going and what we are doing even if it hair lips some bratwurst hugging fairy of a controller who uses the words "dilley dalley."

AMF

There is a female ground controller at LGA that will rip you a new one if you screw up when it's busy. The famous, "Wasn't I married to you" quote is from there I believe.

This is a good debate!! I flew ORD operations for the last three yrs and if I learned anything about the controllers it was this. The ground controllers at ORD don't care how bad you F uck up just don't stop moving.

WD.

thread creep to ATL

ATL tower to landing Delta: traffic on short final, hurry past taxiway Dixie to the highspeed

Delta does not comply to her idea of hurry, and she chastises them for not hurrying past Dixie
Delta: you wanna come down here and fly this plane? We can't take the highspeed above 80 knots, etc. etc.!"

Tower: Citrus 123, cleared for takeoff
Citrus: cleared for takeoff, we'll hurry past Dixie!

Latest resources

Back