• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

MESA AT ORD... Comedy

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yesterday afternoon I flew into ORD to once again be amazed by our CR7 wonder pilots from MESA.

After clearing 22R we were told to cross 27R due to landing traffic. Well, there was one problem, Mesa CR7 was blocking the entrance to United's ramp and the main taxiway to the east.

Ground was having a fit and was trying everything in the book but light gun signals to hail the CR7. Finally after what seemed like 5 mins.. We heard "Shuttlecraft are u there"?????

"Ord ground to Shuttlecraft" "This is Shuttlecraft????"

"Ground... Shuttlecraft where are u guys from??? And who taught u how to taxi around the airport?? FYI you just blocked 4 airplanes and made a AA MD-80 go around. I suggest you call ur company and send a memo to your pilots to get a clue otherwise don't bother coming into ORD again! U guys are messing up the operations"

The Mesa CR7 asked for a progressive taxi to their gate and there was a new controler on the ground freq.

This was a ORD ground controler I would like to shake hands with!! So the lesson is if you are taxing around ORD make sure you stay clear of the shuttlecraft Cr7's they are dangerous out there...

Kinda made my day from laughing so hard at these guys. Thank god the ORD controllers are the best in the business.

Hey No2Bottomfeeders,

2 posts and both shamelessly bashing Mesa Pilots...

Why don't you use your real screen name to do it?

ord is a real peach. we got yelled at the other day for trying to get out of the controllers way.

us: "ground, skywest____, gates open."
controller: "skywest, I dont' care, just go to the scenic penalty box."
us: "uh...ground...., we're already there!."
controller: "ok...everyone just shut up on frequency so I can figure out where everyone is!"

classic...
Mookie

Mookie said:
ord is a real peach. we got yelled at the other day for trying to get out of the controllers way.

us: "ground, skywest____, gates open."
controller: "skywest, I dont' care, just go to the scenic penalty box."
us: "uh...ground...., we're already there!."
controller: "ok...everyone just shut up on frequency so I can figure out where everyone is!"

classic...
Mookie

YOU try to be a ground controller at ORD for a day and then tell us what you think.

My bad to the shuttlecraft!!! Sorry to the shuttlecraft pilots.

Airshuttle was the CR7 yesterday.. I cannot keep track from laughing so hard. And yes the ORD controllers are the best in the business.

boy that was a funny story. did you make it up or was it you that **cked up? Either way I got a laugh.

funny stories or not, get used to a lot more "air shuttle" at ORD.

I do not work for Mesa, and most certainly do not care for their contract negotiation skills, but it is not easy flying somewhere new. We can't judge these guys by one mistake.

"rightrudder" are you controller? You just came off a little bit sensitive there. I think we all agree being a controller is not easy. Especially, at high density airports.

Anyway, back to the subject...

ADG

No2Bttmfeeders said:
Yesterday afternoon I flew into ORD to once again be amazed by our CR7 wonder pilots from MESA.

After clearing 22R we were told to cross 27R due to landing traffic. Well, there was one problem, Mesa CR7 was blocking the entrance to United's ramp and the main taxiway to the east.

Ground was having a fit and was trying everything in the book but light gun signals to hail the CR7. Finally after what seemed like 5 mins.. We heard "Shuttlecraft are u there"?????

"Ord ground to Shuttlecraft" "This is Shuttlecraft????"

"Ground... Shuttlecraft where are u guys from??? And who taught u how to taxi around the airport?? FYI you just blocked 4 airplanes and made a AA MD-80 go around. I suggest you call ur company and send a memo to your pilots to get a clue otherwise don't bother coming into ORD again! U guys are messing up the operations"

The Mesa CR7 asked for a progressive taxi to their gate and there was a new controler on the ground freq.

This was a ORD ground controler I would like to shake hands with!! So the lesson is if you are taxing around ORD make sure you stay clear of the shuttlecraft Cr7's they are dangerous out there...

Kinda made my day from laughing so hard at these guys. Thank god the ORD controllers are the best in the business.

This is crap, as much as I may not like Mesa your full of $hit. I may only be 29 but I've been flying along time and don't think any controller would be this unprofessional.

" "I suggest you call ur company and send a memo to your pilots to get a clue otherwise don't bother coming into ORD again! U guys are messing up the operations" "

Most of the time in a situation like this the comment (if they made a comment at all) would be much more witty and many times more clean/smooth.

Anyway like someone stated already "wrong call sign dip$hit".

ATL ground does a much better job (with about the same amount of aircraft) and they do it with a Southern accent and say " good day yall..." as you switch to tower. What a breath of fresh air...( ofcourse there is "Smiley" on the tower freq sometimes...he isn't very enthusiastic)

Bye Bye--General Lee:rolleyes: ;)

Latest resources

Back