• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesa and Skywest considered MAJORS!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How can anyone consider themselves a major when their revenue is all from contracted flying?

And, your companies' make lots of dough, but YOU don't, better not be too excited about being at the regionals.

I never was...

General Lee said:
I can almost hold MD88 Captain right now, thanks. And, I am 40, with a chance for a raise in 5 or 6 years. You will never get more than a 1.2% raise, and fly your next new airplane at Brasilia wages. Have fun PEE NUSS.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I know your almost a captain, its seems to be all you have talked about in your posts lately. Im not saying good or bad my friend, its just funny how you are in our business about 1.2% when whats on the table for delta pilots is a wage for a 12 year captain at 85 bucks an hour? Maybe I should come fly one of those at delta, you could be my captain, and we could talk down on all the scum southwest guys who ruined the profession. I mean, they are so underpaid on that 37 right??

Mookie said:
So...ya'll have major cuts, pilots furloughed, pensions dumped, and Gnral Fool is bragging that he can "almost hold Md-88 captain." I'm sure your comrades are proud that you represent them on the Regional Board.

How was your date with LaFawnduh??

Mookie

Well, since I decided not to bid the ATL 765 FO that flies to HNL from ATL, I would say she is all yours. I am waiting to bid MD88 Captain on the DEC bid. As far as other pilots furloughed, I have always fought for them, but when you lose 2500 Captains, you tend to move up quickly. Do you suggest I don't upgrade because we have problems? If you can hold it, then bid it. The pension problems are huge, and they will be dumped. Look at the 2500 Captains that left----they took half and ran. Would you not have if you could have lost $1 million that you worked for over 25 years? They took their money and left, adios.

I hope you guys get that 1.2% pay raise. You deserve every bit of it.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Pee_nuss said:
I know your almost a captain, its seems to be all you have talked about in your posts lately. Im not saying good or bad my friend, its just funny how you are in our business about 1.2% when whats on the table for delta pilots is a wage for a 12 year captain at 85 bucks an hour? Maybe I should come fly one of those at delta, you could be my captain, and we could talk down on all the scum southwest guys who ruined the profession. I mean, they are so underpaid on that 37 right??

Pee,

We never set that wage. Another blue airline (not their pilots apparently) set those wages, and now they are the norm for 100 seaters like the E190. That should make you nervous. We didn't start it, and in the end may have to take it thanks to a judge. Regional rates will be coming down too. At a management roadshow in ATL today our pilots pointed out that the low rates suggested for the 100 seater were less than current Comair 70 seat rates. Management's answer? "Not for long." That will roll your way too, and I am not happy about that, but that is the way it will be.

Also, I think Southwest's pay rates are great. That airline is profitable, and they should make the most for the 737. If their company was doing poorly, then maybe not. I hope they continue to make that much when we eventually renegotiate our rates in 5-6 years.....

Bye Bye--General Lee

ummmm Gnral...we turned it down....

good luck with the upgrade...

I'll pass on LaFawnduh...Deb's lookin' smokin.
-mookie

Mookie said:
ummmm Gnral...we turned it down....

good luck with the upgrade...

I'll pass on LaFawnduh...Deb's lookin' smokin.
-mookie

So, the question is Mookie, does the company plan on giving you any other raise, or do they have to? They can still use your last agreement, the one with the 50 seat wages for up to 99 seats, right? Bummer.

And, I hope to get that upgrade bid on the next bid in DEC. The one out today had a lot of displacements from captains on 737-200s etc, which are going away. I should be able to get it on the next hopefully.

Bye Bye--General Lee

We said no...now negotiations start, probably with 3rd party representation of some sort. Guess we'll be "brothers" agin, huh?? You would have gone off on us if we had taken it, so which do you want, looks like you guys underbid even Mesa on those 100 seaters, so how does it feel to the be the low end of the bar now? If you just really don't like SkyWest, just say so...I'm guessing the feeling is mutual. Let's move on and, please, leave our chief pilots out of your venom.

JUst as an FYI...I would start bragging about a future upgrade until you are about 2 weeks into class especially considering a. the state of the industry and b. the state of Delta. Trust me, I know about these things

Good luck, brotha
Mookie

Mookie

How's it swingin'? I hope you're getting it somewhere near the hole. Probably not, with all that baby sitting going on.

Sam

Raise that bar General!

General Lee said:
Thanks to 2500 Captains leaving in a little more than a year, I am now a few numbers from MD88 Captain, which will keep my pay at a respectable rate. Before they all retired, I didn't think I would move to the left seat for YEARS. But, things change, and Delta is doing what it needs to survive. My pay, thanks to the upgrade coming up here, will be about the same. Not bad for a carrier in bankruptcy. And, being 40, I have a chance at a pay raise in 5-6 years when we negotiate again.
Bye Bye--General Lee

I hope you're not bragging about getting the opportunity to do the Captain's job for what used to be FO pay. Good luck with the negotiations in 5-6 years. At least they won't be able to take your pension then.

Latest resources

Back