Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays Announcement to Pax

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
EOpilot said:
Since Dec. 25th is an arbitrary date picked by the Pope 300 years after Jesus died to usurp an already existing pagan holiday, I'll honor those original pagans who started it all by wishing everyone a very happy Saturnalia. I'm sure nobody will be offended.

Jesus existed, saturn did not. Put that in your pagan pipe and smoke it.

When someone wishes me a "Merry X-Mas," I respond by telling that i am not a christian but i wish them a "nice day."

To expect that everyone is christian and that they celebrate x-mas is plainly ignorant.

-peace

acaTerry said:
Jesus existed, saturn did not. Put that in your pagan pipe and smoke it.

Ummm....Satan tempted Christ, so Satan must exsist.

(sorry to hijack the thread)

homerjdispatch said:
Ummm....Satan tempted Christ, so Satan must exsist.

(sorry to hijack the thread)

im pretty sure they are talking about a greekgod, which a planet in our solar system is named after. not satan

festivus for the rest of us

ReverseSensing said:
I plan on taking an entirely different tack:

After hitting a nice pocket of turbulence, I'm going to announce that there will be no Christmas this year because we just hit and killed Santa. Boo hoo.

If you know they'll be a lot of young children on board, maybe you could announce that there really isn't a santa clause. Make sure to announce it twice and clarify in case any of the kids missed it.;)

We always say, "Happy New Year" despite the fact that the Chinese don't celebrate our new year - but I don't see anybody complaining that they might offend a Chinese person on board.

And we sometimes say "Happy Valentine's Day" despite the fact that there are single people on board who aren't doing anything that day, but nobody complains about that.

And we say "Happy Father's Day" despite the fact that not everybody is a father.

And we always say, "Hope you enjoy the flight" even though some won't.

Get the point?

It is the chosen day to recognize the birth of Jesus Christ our Lord and only Savior, which this country's foundation has always recognized without apologies until recently.

I'm with Longhorn . . .

Merry Christmas! Offended? Oh well. Like it or not, this country was founded on Christian principles and is the dominant religion here. See those three little words on the back of each bill in your wallet? It doesn't say "In Buddha- Satan- Allah- NoOne- Richard Gere-A Tree-etc. We Trust.
The PC continue the destruction of America.

Latest resources

Back