Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

calstar

Alright, I gotta ask.

It's a hot topic this year. Lowe's Home Improvement decided to keep it "P.C." this year and is selling "Holiday Trees" instead of Christmas Trees.

How many of you are going to tell the passengers "Happy Holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas" during your announcements?

Has your airline given guidance?

Would anyone be surprised if someone slaps an airline with a lawsuit because they were offended by the Christmas announcement?

I'm still on probation so Ill probably just pretend its not December. I refuse to wish "happy holidays" because that is just gay pc talk.

I go with "merry birth of the savior Jesus Christ day" Is that not pc?

Last edited:
God, I was hoping and praying that I'd get Christmas off for the first time in a decade.

Sigh.

So I guess it's "Merry F'ing Christmas. Again. Please Sit Down And Shut up."

Happy Holidays is always appropriate.

Does being "PC" mean it's bad to have respect for people of other faiths? Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, Hindu's and others are on our planes. Happy Holidays covers it all.

Dave Benjamin said:
Happy Holidays is always appropriate.

Does being "PC" mean it's bad to have respect for people of other faiths? Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, Hindu's and others are on our planes. Happy Holidays covers it all.

AARRRGGGH!

Why not just say "Happy Happy day." Because every day should be a happy day!

The day is CHRISTMAS. So I say "Merry Christmas". No rational person would take this as a "DIS" against their faith.

That's how it's "PC". Any Christian who flips out because someone says something like "Have a nice Ramadan" in their presence is equally intollerant (and stupid).

Since I am working on Christmas, I will say "merry Christmas" on the 25th and "happy holidays" the rest of the month.

Mongolikecandy said:
Since I am working on Christmas, I will say "merry Christmas" on the 25th and "happy holidays" the rest of the month.

I too will say Merry Christmas. Kwanzaa begins on the 26th. On that day, I will say Happy Kwanzaa.

I plan on taking an entirely different tack:

After hitting a nice pocket of turbulence, I'm going to announce that there will be no Christmas this year because we just hit and killed Santa. Boo hoo.

Latest resources

Back