Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays Announcement to Pax

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
pookie said:
When someone wishes me a "Merry X-Mas," I respond by telling that i am not a christian but i wish them a "nice day."

To expect that everyone is christian and that they celebrate x-mas is plainly ignorant.

-peace

I love the "peace" part at the end. To expect that everyone wants peace is plainly ignorant. I demand a retraction Pookie. How dare you push your morality on other people.

If I wish you or anyone a merry christmas, I'm not makeing a religious statement on your behalf...I'm makeing it to reaffirm my faith on my behalf in Jesus' honor.

MickeySlapnutz said:
If I wish you or anyone a merry christmas, I'm not makeing a religious statement on your behalf...I'm makeing it to reaffirm my faith on my behalf in Jesus' honor.

What do you do the rest of the year to reaffirm your faith?

PC means being fukin stupid. If someone gets offended because you say something nice (ie. Merry Christmas), they can kiss my fukin a$$. As for my passengers, they don't give a $hit because they are boxes and reading a thread like this adds another reason to my list of "why cargo is the way to go".

Dave Benjamin said:
Happy Holidays is always appropriate.

Does being "PC" mean it's bad to have respect for people of other faiths? Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, Hindu's and others are on our planes. Happy Holidays covers it all.

Are passenger announcements for your benefit or theirs? Outside of work I'll say Merry Xmas indiscriminately. At work it's Happy Holidays. It offends noone and expresses good sentiments towards the people that make my career possible.

PFT_128 said:
Merry Christmas all the way. Screw the liberal political correctness freaks.

Stroke their political egos with baseless stereotypical remarks...that'll make em forget you're a PFT Troll.

Go back to your hole troll.

OH....Merry friggin' Christmas, ya filthy animal.

Last edited:
Christmas ... or X-Mas?

I'll start by saying i'm not a Christian.

I don't believe in Jesus Christ.

Now, that being said, my family and I do celebrate Christmas -- not the birth of Christ, but the holiday (removed from its religious idiology) -- maybe more of "X-Mas"

After all, "Santa Clause" has nothing to do with Jesus. Nor does Frosty the Snowman, or Rudolph the Reindeer.

A Christmas Tree or Christmas lights do not necessarily have anything to do with Jesus (at least not that I know of).

And I love it! I love the decorations, the lights, and even some of the music! We put up a tree, we light our house, and when someone says "Merry Christmas" to me, I reply in-kind.

Doesn't mean anything to me, other than a synonym for "Happy Holidays".

<shrug> I think you folks take this stuff too seriously.

When I was with the airlines i'd say, "We wish you Happy Holidays and a Prosperous New Year". -- I dont know if it was right or wrong. IF the company wanted me to say something special they would've issued a script.

Anyhow folks, with or without Jesus it's a wonderful time of year. I hope you ALL have a Merry Christmas, a Happy Hannukah, and a Happy New Year.

Regards,
Rabble

Dave Benjamin said:
Are passenger announcements for your benefit or theirs? Outside of work I'll say Merry Xmas indiscriminately. At work it's Happy Holidays. It offends noone and expresses good sentiments towards the people that make my career possible.

Oh boy......

You mean the people who's vacations and trips you subsidize?

Like I said, if someone get's offended by Merry Christmas, they need help.

Why is it that people get "offended" by everything these days. I thought this was a country with FREEDOM OF SPEECH!?!?!?!? If you don't like what I say to you, think "biatch" and move on. Geez.

Last edited:
On December 25th, it's Merry (frigging) Christmas. If they don't like it, we can pull the bags and give them directions to the Geryhound station.

Only one time in 7 years did a pax complain about ANY announcement that I have given. I told her that if that was the only thing she had to worry about then she must be having a good day. Freakin smelly dreadlock sporting hippy cow.

the watered down, liberal PC garbage "happy holidays" or "season's greetings" actually OFFENDS me. I wouldn't expect to hear Merry Christmas if i was in India. Or Baghdad. But in the United States we are a Christian nation and I expect to be wished Merry Christmas and for stores to sell Christmas trees, not holiday trees. When in Rome, do as the Romans do. But the ass backwards liberals have made it through multiculturlism, "when in Rome, make the Romans do it the way you do." But since I'm a white, Christian, heterosexual male, I'm immune from being offended, right?

Latest resources

Back