• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays Announcement to Pax

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If I wish you or anyone a merry christmas, I'm not makeing a religious statement on your behalf...I'm makeing it to reaffirm my faith on my behalf in Jesus' honor.

So you reaffirm your faith by a PA announcement? This country includes all kinds of religions and backgrounds, so dont reaffirm your faith to me and i will not do the same. Jesus is not my god and so be it.

We just had the local library remove all their nativity scenes due to the simple reason that my tax dollars should not be used to fund your belief. You know what, the courts agree with me.

pookie said:
When someone wishes me a "Merry X-Mas," I respond by telling that i am not a christian but i wish them a "nice day."

To expect that everyone is christian and that they celebrate x-mas is plainly ignorant.

-peace

so when a freind gives u a xmas gift with some wrapping of santa on it do you tell him no thanks i dont celebrate xmas so I cannot take your gift or do you take the gift.

Most athesiest celebrate x-mas... aint that weird

I dont accept any form of gift that celebrates xmas. If people want to offer me something, i tell them to donate it to a worthy cause instead. Isnt it wierd that christians symbolize xmas with sales and gifts and not by praying to their "saviour."

Dave Benjamin said:
Happy Holidays is always appropriate.

Does being "PC" mean it's bad to have respect for people of other faiths? Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, Hindu's and others are on our planes. Happy Holidays covers it all.
Have enough respect for the 200,000,000 that do celebrate Christmas....harvest of pair of NADS

What is wrong with Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays?
What is wrong with having respect for the flag of the USA?
Do you honestly think if you catch Emriates from the UK to anywhere they are going to respect your holidays and traditions.

Liberal PC is gone and so are the Clittons for now.

Show some heart and some respect, your job isn't on the line.

Last edited:
CA1900 said:
If we aren't a Christian nation, then why is Christmas a federal holiday?

http://www.opm.gov/fedhol/2005.asp

Why don't you put some effort into trying overturn that? I suggest a door to door campaign. Have fun convincing people that the schools should be open on that day and the post office needs to deliver mail. Why, you'll be the most popular person in the neighborhood, B__ch. Hillarity is sure to ensue.

Moron. Merry Christmas! Oh and wouldn't happy new year be offensive also? After all, 2005 going to 2006 is based on AD. [FONT=verdana, arial]A.D.: Abbreviation for the Latin phrase "Anno Domini," which means "in the year of our Lord." Used to refer to dates starting with the year 1 (i.e., this is the year A.D. 2005). Idiot.[/FONT]

Last edited:
Well the PC scum have already tried to destory AD and BC in the dating system as well. They use terms like BCE and CE, and try to ignore like a big white elephant the fact that Jesus is still the seperating item there.

Hey in the name of diversity i propose we let everyone use their own calander systems here as well. Anyone who disagrees must hate diversity and is therefore a bigot.

pookie said:
If I wish you or anyone a merry christmas, I'm not makeing a religious statement on your behalf...I'm makeing it to reaffirm my faith on my behalf in Jesus' honor.

So you reaffirm your faith by a PA announcement? This country includes all kinds of religions and backgrounds, so dont reaffirm your faith to me and i will not do the same. Jesus is not my god and so be it.

We just had the local library remove all their nativity scenes due to the simple reason that my tax dollars should not be used to fund your belief. You know what, the courts agree with me.

Things capt. megadeth worries about:
Paying my mortgage
Getting a raise
Affording to live in an increasingly expensive city
Job Security
Being able to have a healthy child
Staying healthy so I can keep flying
Being able to enjoy life

You guys/gals that worry about nativity scenes and $hit like that obviously have too much time on your hands.

Latest resources

Back