• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

MDA/CHQ Transition

kngarthur

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 26, 2004
Posts
348
Total Time
1850
I can end this once and for all. If the situation was reversed, do you think MDA would let CHQ guys come in with "super-seniority"?
 

mullet

scattered,covered,chunked
Joined
Mar 7, 2003
Posts
280
Total Time
15000+
Is MDA doing contract flying for CHQ? Is CHQ doing flying for US Airways Group? Are the MDA pilots former US Air folks? Get a clue.
 

surplus1

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 21, 2002
Posts
5,649
Total Time
25K+
mullet said:
Is MDA doing contract flying for CHQ? Is CHQ doing flying for US Airways Group? Are the MDA pilots former US Air folks? Get a clue.

Who cares, They are separate airlines with separate seniority lists. The fact that CHQ or Republic have a contract with US Air does NOT give any USAir pilot or MDA pilot any right to anything at CHQ or REP and especially not to super seniority

I think it is you who needs to "get a clue".

[No, I don't work for CHQ or REP]
 

aewanabe

Somewhat Exasperated User
Joined
Nov 26, 2001
Posts
556
Total Time
8200
Not all the MDA pilots are from the APL (ie former USAir).
 

mullet

scattered,covered,chunked
Joined
Mar 7, 2003
Posts
280
Total Time
15000+
surplus1 said:
Who cares, They are separate airlines with separate seniority lists. The fact that CHQ or Republic have a contract with US Air does NOT give any USAir pilot or MDA pilot any right to anything at CHQ or REP and especially not to super seniority

I think it is you who needs to "get a clue".

[No, I don't work for CHQ or REP]

The fact that CHQ and Republic having a contract with US Air does
give any US Air pilot or MDA pilot the right to something at CHQ or REP and gives them super senority. J4J already exists at CHQ. Unfortunately if you fly for US air express nowadays you have to make the deal with the devil. If you still want their flying, you will still have to give up things up. Making comments that we should think about it being the other way around is dumb. It is US AIR group flying now, not REP. Ease up there hardliner. I dont fly for CHQ REP or MDA.
 
Last edited:

LowlyPropCapt

PBR For Life, and Beyond!
Joined
Jul 14, 2005
Posts
1,256
Total Time
8000+
Okay, time to stop lurking and jump into the fray.

It amazes me how people can spin facts to fit whatever suits thier purposes. Pilots seem to be rather adept at this. Heres the way I see it...

There is a big difference between giving flying to an affiliate carrier and giving flying AND mainline aircraft to an affiliate carrier. The later is what is occurring at MDA. In fact, we should call it US Airways because "Mid Atlantic" doesn't even really exist, except as essentially a "C" Scale for furloughed mainline pilots and FA's. This situation with the EMB-170s is in essence no different than transfering the A330 flying to Republic. The size of the airplane should not make a difference, only that a pilot group is getting screwed at the pleasure of management.

The only technical grey area here is the fact that the MDA pilots are in a black hole in terms of union representation. They are part of the US Airways APL, therefore they are US Airways pilots, yet there has not been an agreement yet on what CBAs, if any, cover these pilots. IMHO, this move to place the aircraft at Republic may be as much about avoiding additional "costs" associated by whatever contractual protections the MDA pilots might earn as is about the cash infusion offered by Republic. If that is the case, then union members of every ilk should be mortified... Or maybe we are going to do the typical pilot thing: "I got mine, f*ck you."

I have seen time and time agian on this forum CHQ pilots say, "Hey, I not responsible for the decisions management makes. I just fly what they tell me to." Well, this time it IS a labor decision. This is no different than EMB jets being taken from you and given to another company. "Ah but we have strong scope and successorship language" you say? Wasn't that the song sung by mainline pilots not so long ago? Those who don't know history... Well, you know the rest.

Republic pilots: Would it really be that bad to take on 300 MDA pilots? Even if it was date of hire (which it would never be, some sort of equitable shuffle is more likely) it would maybe delay your precious upgrade a whole three or four months? I thought you were the fastest growing regional? Aren't there more EMB-170's coming on the UAL side? Besides, if things work out at US Airways all those MDA folks will be gone soon just to cover the retirements at the mainline. In short, don't be a bunch of short sighted, high-on-new-jet-smell snobs.

Okay, lemme have it!
 
Last edited:

stb

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 29, 2002
Posts
247
Total Time
1000+
What I dont understand is how many pilots are flying for REP today?

If MDA was getting absorbed by the CHQ 121 certificate, I could understand the "super senority" battle cry.

How can CHQ 121 cerificate pilots work for a new unissued REP 121 cetificate ask for their CHQ date of hire when in fact they will be working for essentially a new airline? How that for spin?

If a CHQ pilot gets transfered/new hired to the REP certificate, will they have to go through REP indoc and some form of training? Sign new 2 year $15,000 training contract for the new company?


Rumor has it that a indoc/ground school class of 5 from MDA will start REP on Wednesday. Any confirmation from the pilots at the CHQ little red schoolhouse?
 

OldManPilot

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2003
Posts
459
Total Time
10000+
That info is true... Plus those at MDA that have now passed on REP will NOT recieve a second chance. The CHQ J4J language does not allow for second chance", Its a take it or leave it deal. Remaining positions at REP will be filled by pilots on the CHQ seniority list!
 

LearLove

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 27, 2001
Posts
4,451
Total Time
12000+
OldManPilot said:
That info is true... Plus those at MDA that have now passed on REP will NOT recieve a second chance. The CHQ J4J language does not allow for second chance", Its a take it or leave it deal. Remaining positions at REP will be filled by pilots on the CHQ seniority list!

You need to shut your f'in pie hole. Just about everyone of your posts is dead wrong. "thoes at MDA that have passed... bla bla bla something about only one chance" well buddy we all passed, not once but twice and the company is still comming at us to ask again by telling us we need to fill out a J4J pref form by Thurs.

In fact I'm right smack in the middle of this and I know whats up. Most of the posts about this issue about what has happened and what will happen are way off base by many of you guys. It's one of the reasons that I haven't been posting much here. I'm getting a kick out of reading posts by people that are so serious on this issue and post serious info but its way wrong.
 

OldManPilot

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2003
Posts
459
Total Time
10000+
OK ...

But... not ALL passed.

Your group tried to make your fellow pilots believe they would be SCAB's if they came to REP. That is about as low as you can get.

Watch and see what happens.


Oh and Lear, go back to ALG and your DASH-8's...
 
Last edited:

FR8mastr

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 4, 2002
Posts
803
Total Time
13000+
old man, you are correct as the 5 are not scabs. That being said these individuals are even worse in my book. Not only are they crossing the line that the other 300 pilots are standing for they are personally stabbing their friends in the back. Hopefully this scum will get what's comming to them. The senior folks at the Division have put their jobs on the line so that the junior folks could have jobs at Republic as well, and to say thank you for trying to save their jobs these bottom dwellers go and undercut the very people that are standing for them. But yes you are correct, technically they are not SCABS.
 

stb

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 29, 2002
Posts
247
Total Time
1000+
Old Man Pilot,
Before the terms of "super senority, butts on the street, I dont owe anybody anything, they made the wrong choice and taking our jobs"

These are the questions you should be asking

1. If a CHQ pilot gets transfered/new hired to the REP certificate, will they have to go through REP indoc and some form of training?

2. Sign new 2 year $15,000 training contract for the new company?

3. If I go to REP do I have to resign my CHQ position?

4. .... can I bid back to CHQ? Seat lock?

5. .... and fail the training, am I able to go back to CHQ?
(Slim to none but still can happen of failing training)

6. .... what is my date of hire? Pay and vacation issues.
You are starting employment at another 121 certificate

7. .... does my accrued vacation go with me to REP?

8. .... does my accrued sick bank go with me?

9. What happens to my DOH for the travel pass?

10. Will I have some type of representation from the Teamsters if I go to REP?
Does REP even have a working agreement, it is a new certificate?

CHQ pilots should have these answers from management.
Just because it is in the CHQ contract, dont assume.
 

kngarthur

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 26, 2004
Posts
348
Total Time
1850
mullet said:
The fact that CHQ and Republic having a contract with US Air does
give any US Air pilot or MDA pilot the right to something at CHQ or REP and gives them super senority. J4J already exists at CHQ. Unfortunately if you fly for US air express nowadays you have to make the deal with the devil. If you still want their flying, you will still have to give up things up. Making comments that we should think about it being the other way around is dumb. It is US AIR group flying now, not REP. Ease up there hardliner. I dont fly for CHQ REP or MDA.

Moron! Three things, most dear to a pilot's life--Sex, Seniorty, and then Salary! You mess with my seniorty, you better watch it@!
 

FR8mastr

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 4, 2002
Posts
803
Total Time
13000+
I think some are not remembering the 1 big fact here CHQ is not giving up anything! They are GETTING 170's out the ying yang plus they are GETTING 190's as well. All the MDA pilots want is to keep flying the same AC they are in now until and only until they can get back to Airways. Then CHQ will be GETTING the remaing 25 170's as the mda folks evacuate them. As per the LOA91. So as it stands now the pilot as yet to be hired at CHQ will wait for upgrade a year longer. Not too bad as he probably at this point does not even have his commercial ticket yet.
 
Last edited:

kngarthur

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 26, 2004
Posts
348
Total Time
1850
FR8mastr said:
I think some are not remembering the 1 big fact here CHQ is not giving up anything! They are GETTING 170's out the ying yang plus they are GETTING 190's as well. All the MDA pilots want is to keep flying the same AC they are in now until and only until they can get back to Airways. Then CHQ will be GETTING the remaing 25 170's as the mda folks evacuate them. As per the LOA91. So as it stands now the pilot as yet to be hired at CHQ will wait for upgrade a year longer. Not too bad as he probably at this point does not even have his commercial ticket yet.

What's a commercial "ticket"? How about an ATP idiot!
 

FR8mastr

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 4, 2002
Posts
803
Total Time
13000+
Because he wont be old enough to get his ATP. Nice try junior why dont you come back when you have a clue.
 

mullet

scattered,covered,chunked
Joined
Mar 7, 2003
Posts
280
Total Time
15000+
kngarthur said:
Moron! Three things, most dear to a pilot's life--Sex, Seniorty, and then Salary! You mess with my seniorty, you better watch it@!

Is the J4J program already at CHQ? 0 out 3 ain't too bad.
 

FlyingDawg

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 1, 2002
Posts
239
Total Time
varies
stb said:
Old Man Pilot,
Before the terms of "super senority, butts on the street, I dont owe anybody anything, they made the wrong choice and taking our jobs"

These are the questions you should be asking

1. If a CHQ pilot gets transfered/new hired to the REP certificate, will they have to go through REP indoc and some form of training?

2. Sign new 2 year $15,000 training contract for the new company?

3. If I go to REP do I have to resign my CHQ position?

4. .... can I bid back to CHQ? Seat lock?

5. .... and fail the training, am I able to go back to CHQ?
(Slim to none but still can happen of failing training)

6. .... what is my date of hire? Pay and vacation issues.
You are starting employment at another 121 certificate

7. .... does my accrued vacation go with me to REP?

8. .... does my accrued sick bank go with me?

9. What happens to my DOH for the travel pass?

10. Will I have some type of representation from the Teamsters if I go to REP?
Does REP even have a working agreement, it is a new certificate?

CHQ pilots should have these answers from management.
Just because it is in the CHQ contract, dont assume.


These are already answered in our contract. One seniority list for all three airlines. We are employed by RAH and work at the respective subsidiary. This is what our last contract was all about; controlling all the flying at our holding company! They can't farm it out to anyone. Just think how different things would be if the majors had the foresight to include this in their contracts.
 
Top