MDA/CHQ Transition

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
OldManPilot said:
That info is true... Plus those at MDA that have now passed on REP will NOT recieve a second chance. The CHQ J4J language does not allow for second chance", Its a take it or leave it deal. Remaining positions at REP will be filled by pilots on the CHQ seniority list!

You need to shut your f'in pie hole. Just about everyone of your posts is dead wrong. "thoes at MDA that have passed... bla bla bla something about only one chance" well buddy we all passed, not once but twice and the company is still comming at us to ask again by telling us we need to fill out a J4J pref form by Thurs.

In fact I'm right smack in the middle of this and I know whats up. Most of the posts about this issue about what has happened and what will happen are way off base by many of you guys. It's one of the reasons that I haven't been posting much here. I'm getting a kick out of reading posts by people that are so serious on this issue and post serious info but its way wrong.

OK ...

But... not ALL passed.

Your group tried to make your fellow pilots believe they would be SCAB's if they came to REP. That is about as low as you can get.

Watch and see what happens.

Oh and Lear, go back to ALG and your DASH-8's...

Last edited:
old man, you are correct as the 5 are not scabs. That being said these individuals are even worse in my book. Not only are they crossing the line that the other 300 pilots are standing for they are personally stabbing their friends in the back. Hopefully this scum will get what's comming to them. The senior folks at the Division have put their jobs on the line so that the junior folks could have jobs at Republic as well, and to say thank you for trying to save their jobs these bottom dwellers go and undercut the very people that are standing for them. But yes you are correct, technically they are not SCABS.

Old Man Pilot,
Before the terms of "super senority, butts on the street, I dont owe anybody anything, they made the wrong choice and taking our jobs"

These are the questions you should be asking

1. If a CHQ pilot gets transfered/new hired to the REP certificate, will they have to go through REP indoc and some form of training?

2. Sign new 2 year $15,000 training contract for the new company?

3. If I go to REP do I have to resign my CHQ position?

4. .... can I bid back to CHQ? Seat lock?

5. .... and fail the training, am I able to go back to CHQ?
(Slim to none but still can happen of failing training)

6. .... what is my date of hire? Pay and vacation issues.
You are starting employment at another 121 certificate

7. .... does my accrued vacation go with me to REP?

8. .... does my accrued sick bank go with me?

9. What happens to my DOH for the travel pass?

10. Will I have some type of representation from the Teamsters if I go to REP?
Does REP even have a working agreement, it is a new certificate?

CHQ pilots should have these answers from management.
Just because it is in the CHQ contract, dont assume.

mullet said:
The fact that CHQ and Republic having a contract with US Air does
give any US Air pilot or MDA pilot the right to something at CHQ or REP and gives them super senority. J4J already exists at CHQ. Unfortunately if you fly for US air express nowadays you have to make the deal with the devil. If you still want their flying, you will still have to give up things up. Making comments that we should think about it being the other way around is dumb. It is US AIR group flying now, not REP. Ease up there hardliner. I dont fly for CHQ REP or MDA.

Moron! Three things, most dear to a pilot's life--Sex, Seniorty, and then Salary! You mess with my seniorty, you better watch it@!

I think some are not remembering the 1 big fact here CHQ is not giving up anything! They are GETTING 170's out the ying yang plus they are GETTING 190's as well. All the MDA pilots want is to keep flying the same AC they are in now until and only until they can get back to Airways. Then CHQ will be GETTING the remaing 25 170's as the mda folks evacuate them. As per the LOA91. So as it stands now the pilot as yet to be hired at CHQ will wait for upgrade a year longer. Not too bad as he probably at this point does not even have his commercial ticket yet.

Last edited:
FR8mastr said:
I think some are not remembering the 1 big fact here CHQ is not giving up anything! They are GETTING 170's out the ying yang plus they are GETTING 190's as well. All the MDA pilots want is to keep flying the same AC they are in now until and only until they can get back to Airways. Then CHQ will be GETTING the remaing 25 170's as the mda folks evacuate them. As per the LOA91. So as it stands now the pilot as yet to be hired at CHQ will wait for upgrade a year longer. Not too bad as he probably at this point does not even have his commercial ticket yet.

What's a commercial "ticket"? How about an ATP idiot!

Because he wont be old enough to get his ATP. Nice try junior why dont you come back when you have a clue.

kngarthur said:
Moron! Three things, most dear to a pilot's life--Sex, Seniorty, and then Salary! You mess with my seniorty, you better watch it@!

Is the J4J program already at CHQ? 0 out 3 ain't too bad.

stb said:
Old Man Pilot,
Before the terms of "super senority, butts on the street, I dont owe anybody anything, they made the wrong choice and taking our jobs"

These are the questions you should be asking

1. If a CHQ pilot gets transfered/new hired to the REP certificate, will they have to go through REP indoc and some form of training?

2. Sign new 2 year $15,000 training contract for the new company?

3. If I go to REP do I have to resign my CHQ position?

4. .... can I bid back to CHQ? Seat lock?

5. .... and fail the training, am I able to go back to CHQ?
(Slim to none but still can happen of failing training)

6. .... what is my date of hire? Pay and vacation issues.
You are starting employment at another 121 certificate

7. .... does my accrued vacation go with me to REP?

8. .... does my accrued sick bank go with me?

9. What happens to my DOH for the travel pass?

10. Will I have some type of representation from the Teamsters if I go to REP?
Does REP even have a working agreement, it is a new certificate?

CHQ pilots should have these answers from management.
Just because it is in the CHQ contract, dont assume.

These are already answered in our contract. One seniority list for all three airlines. We are employed by RAH and work at the respective subsidiary. This is what our last contract was all about; controlling all the flying at our holding company! They can't farm it out to anyone. Just think how different things would be if the majors had the foresight to include this in their contracts.

Latest resources

Back