• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

MCBA thoughts

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Two questions, Are the transfered FO pilots that were pay protected with PIC pay from Flops now going to SIC pay? And when they moved out of the Lear for larger A/C are they seat locked for 24 or 39 months?

Did you ever find an answer to these question?
I cound not find anything about pay protection in the MCBA. Unless I missed something.

I usually get tired at around 11 or 12 hours then I pull the plug and sleep in until late morning making sure I am well rested. If I require 20 hours off to be safe the next day I take it and just tell them in the e mail when to put me back on duty.

just a simple one line e mail and you can rest if you are tired, no more worry about getting called in.

While the rest of us have to carry your lazy azz. I’m not against a fatigue call, but you sir, abuse the system.

While the rest of us have to carry your lazy azz. I’m not against a fatigue call, but you sir, abuse the system.

I think 12 hours is a fair work day for what I get paid.

Nobody is asked to carry my azz. That is why we have the Red Label program, they are all volunteers and are paid to work 14+ hours a day. They get paid twice as much as me why shouldn't they work twice as long?

So, it looks like my Lear friends are going to take it in the shorts. For example: A current 10 Lear CA gets paid $616//day. $616 x 17ish days per month = $125,000. If this same Lear CA is forced into a 7/7 or 8/7, he would go down to $83,000 or $89,000, respectfully. If he’s lucky to hold PBS, then his daily rate is $599, a modest decrease, but a decrease nonetheless. What happened to “no one should lose anything?” Sounds like ObamaCare to me.

So, it looks like my Lear friends are going to take it in the shorts. For example: A current 10 Lear CA gets paid $616//day. $616 x 17ish days per month = $125,000. If this same Lear CA is forced into a 7/7 or 8/7, he would go down to $83,000 or $89,000, respectfully. If he’s lucky to hold PBS, then his daily rate is $599, a modest decrease, but a decrease nonetheless. What happened to “no one should lose anything?” Sounds like ObamaCare to me.

Was there not something regarding not losing a year when you calculate pay rates, so you actually stay the same.

Only is you go to fixed schedule 8/7 7/7 do you get a cut in pay.

It's confusing but if you read the Scheduling Section carefully, you'll see that no one can be "Forced" on to a Fixed schedule. The company is required to make "Available" a percentage of both 7&7 and 8&7 lines but no one has to bid them and there is no limit on PBS. Therefor it is feasibly possible for there to be no one flying a fixed schedule and ALL pilots flying PBS schedules. Which is what is preferred by management and the reason you see such a HUGE disparity between daily rates for both fixed and PBS schedules.

It was almost comical to hear management claim they were offering "choices" for the pilots regarding schedules. I like many, was hoping to work a fixed 7&7 but a 25k pay cut isn't a "choice' for me. So it's PBS for me unfortunately.

It's confusing but if you read the Scheduling Section carefully, you'll see that no one can be "Forced" on to a Fixed schedule. The company is required to make "Available" a percentage of both 7&7 and 8&7 lines but no one has to bid them and there is no limit on PBS. Therefor it is feasibly possible for there to be no one flying a fixed schedule and ALL pilots flying PBS schedules. Which is what is preferred by management and the reason you see such a HUGE disparity between daily rates for both fixed and PBS schedules.

It was almost comical to hear management claim they were offering "choices" for the pilots regarding schedules. I like many, was hoping to work a fixed 7&7 but a 25k pay cut isn't a "choice' for me. So it's PBS for me unfortunately.

Not exactly. It says nobody can be forced onto a 7/7. It doesn't say the same thing about 8/7.

The contract is not clear about the split of fixed vs PBS. Can the company make it anything they want? Is fixed limited to a certain percentage of available lines? It's a hole in the contract Mr Fishgold overlooked.

As for lear captains, if they stay on PBS they got a raise, if they move to fixed it's a pay cut. I don't actually mind fixed schedules paying less, as that would be the trade off for knowing your schedule in advance and being locked into something. But I don't think it should be THAT much less.

If you make half of Red label pay, you should absolutely refuse to do more than half the work. In fact, you should be doing everything in your power to make it more than twice as expensive for management to continue this unethical behavior. That co****cking wookie would have you believe 84% are participating in red label. Unless you are getting ALL the benefits of red label, you are not participating at all. But he is a gutless, cowardly, backstabbing liar, so you wouldn’t expect anything more from him...

I think 12 hours is a fair work day for what I get paid.

Nobody is asked to carry my azz. That is why we have the Red Label program, they are all volunteers and are paid to work 14+ hours a day. They get paid twice as much as me why shouldn't they work twice as long?

If you make half of Red label pay, you should absolutely refuse to do more than half the work. In fact, you should be doing everything in your power to make it more than twice as expensive for management to continue this unethical behavior.

One excellent cohesive point from 2 posters who are expressing the thoughts of 80% of our workforce (even windbags, one of the company's own chosen highest FoKs who testified along with Wookie against all of us for the company to get this mcba).

I suggest we all simply understand that since this is the contract management and only management wanted, we respectfully and wholeheartedly follow it to the letter of the law.

And where there is ambiguity you must take the conservative approach of protecting their investment (oddly enough that would be the pilots in this case) and do what will result in the least amount of wear and tear possible.

That's not lazy Azz el raton. That is giving Kenn exactly and only what he asked for. There will he a day when instead of getting awards, the rest of the world understands what his employees already know. He is a fundraiser with an incredible knack for subterfuge who will destroy everything he touched.

Latest resources

Back