• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

MCBA thoughts

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why would he be? This MCBA basically mirrors what’s been going on for the past 18 months. Just because it’s official doesn’t make it right.

IMISS, just curious, are you ok with union leadership bidding for red label positions now?

I'm perfectly okay with it providing the Options pilots who are being displaced out of their remaining fleets are able to bid too, the transfer pilots remain seat locked (not just fleet locked) given their SLI preference for the entire 39 months post MCBA, and the process is 100% seniority based (no longer teams of juniors gaining super seniority).

I believe the mcba requires the above.

If however the company continues their shenanigans (which they will) that preclude the above from happening I believe they should continue to wait.

So my short answer is no I am not okay with it.

However, when I read between the lines what I'm seeing is the 300s will all be forced Red Label at the Captain level here soon anyway. So I don't think it much matters for several of those guys.

BTW only one Flexer on leadership now anyway.

Considering his seniority I think it would be patently unfair to use him and only him to send some kind of message. All former leadership needs to be unified.

I can tell you 100% for a fact the position of 3 former poc / plc on Red Label absolutely killed the credibility of their message and is perhaps the number one reason behind the lack of unity. I think it would have been a good idea to bring Red Labelers into the circle of leadership/ vocal support but to have "defected" (for lack of a better word) post position was incredibly damaging. The union should have taken my advice and seen to addressing it and we might be discussing a different set of circumstances today.

Is it just me or are the gloating texts from JW just days after he ****ed all pilots into a regressive contract a bit much?

This was the expected result wasn't it? For months we've known it and it was a big nothing burger as both parties went into MCBA meetings with that in mind.

What JW is attempting to do is use smoke and mirrors to give legitimacy to this MCBA so he does not have to own up to the fact our company ****ed us, our company saw to it everyone lost something and the entire process was corrupt.

This appeal has NOTHING to do with what he just didn't to us. But as long as he can divert your attention he figures he's got a shot.

They are saying there is an " implementation period" . What a crock!

Ask them where the contract states ANYTHING about an "implementation period" - KR JW and RH all shoved this sh@t contract down our throats - make sure to fly and work to the contract exactly as written. Send a grievance in to the union about this.

Latest resources

Back