• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

MaxBlast feeling the LUV!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wasn't the point that this job is about the $$, and to lose pay (and seats and ATL base) in a quest for more seniority was a fools errand..

That is the point-
My life is kinda like freight dog, plus one little one I'd do anything for - but a business that still matches my income at SWA-
What I've never misunderstood is that money's a big part of the aviation equation for most of us-
Anybody throwing down $25k to sit right seat in a beech has a strange view about money and this career

Perhaps you missed it, but that contract dispute was settled three years ago.

Yeah, about the time your Company was purchased.

Until very recently, it's what I've always done to make money also, wave. But selling seniority for an extra thirty grand ain't worth it.

Stop being a sissy, Your group voted over 83% for the deal you got. You should have convinced more people to vote no. You got me confused, I thought it was a "paycut" - now you claim an extra 30K? Which is it? Was seniority sold for a paycut or more money??

:bawling:

You found what you like, so have a few more kids

Please don't encourage him. It's bad enough that he's already been breeding. We don't need even more of his DNA out in the gene pool.

You got me confused, I thought it was a "paycut" - now you claim an extra 30K? Which is it? Was seniority sold for a paycut or more money??

Yes, you are confused. No doubt about that.

AIP1 was a pay increase. AIP2 is a pay cut for captains, a pay raise for FOs. But in neither case is a pay raise worth giving up 25% relative seniority.

Yes, you are confused. No doubt about that.

AIP1 was a pay increase. AIP2 is a pay cut for captains, a pay raise for FOs. But in neither case is a pay raise worth giving up 25% relative seniority.

Explain that.

Most of us gave up 100% seniority to come to AirTran or SWA. I think we all did it for the money. You can easily buy seniority right now. Apply at Great Lakes and you will be in the top 10% in under 10 years. Why? Because those pilots will all give up 100% seniority for pay and you would take a massive pay cut for seniority.

Yeah, about the time your Company was purchased.

Stop being a sissy, Your group voted over 83% for the deal you got. You should have convinced more people to vote no. You got me confused, I thought it was a "paycut" - now you claim an extra 30K? Which is it? Was seniority sold for a paycut or more money??

Come on, now . . . . Do we really have to clarify this? :confused:

AAI CA --> SWA FO = $30K pay CUT

AAI FO --> SWA FO = $30K pay RAISE (or more)

The "YES" vote by AAI Pilots came after threats were made to shut down AAI. Do you really consider that a valid indicator of whether or not they thought it was a fair offer? :erm:

And, while we're at it, and in the interest of saving you from further buffoonery-

The AAI Pilots had ALREADY REJECTED A CONTRACT WITH THESE (new) PAY RATES BEFORE the Merger offer.

If you still don't recognize the above, you just don't want to.

Last edited:
Yes PCL, it certainly isn't worth it- even though getting close to what you thought you deserved would put you ahead of where you'd be with date of hire.
We all are so empathetic to your plight and the unfairness of it all
:-/

Can you guys please be fair with the numbers that were being earned before the purchase.

After five plus years of negotiations, a strike vote passed by like 97% of the AT pilots several months prior, the purchase created the agreement you now have in place. Saying it was just some magical coincidence is a classic sense of denial. AT and its pilots weren't even close to a TA before then.

The pay raises AT got were provided by SWA. You likely would either be working for about the same wages or not working because of a strike.

AAI CA --> SWA FO = $30K pay CUT

AAI FO --> SWA FO = $30K pay RAISE (or more)

The "YES" vote by AAI Pilots came after threats were made to shut down AAI. Do you really consider that a valid indicator of whether or not they thought it was a fair offer? :erm:

Yes I agree, the second offer was worse and GK used his leverage.

But would the first offer have passed? Was the seniority bump worth it...doesn't matter, it's done...IMHO, you should have gotten the money and a rebid, but what do I know...seems like Kelly is saving a few bucks at the expense of the "culture". I personally benefited from AAI MEC voting down SL9 as did other senior SWA FOs, but the majority of our FOs paid the price and all the AAI pilots lost (more) money than the "pay cut" of SL10...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back