• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

MaxBlast feeling the LUV!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So by doing that we told him to F-off? Geez, exaggerate much?

It wasn't his decision whether ALPA members get the chance to vote on his proposal. That was our MECs decision. He had a right to offer a solution, however his threats and ultimatums crossed a line into scumbagdom. What makes him think that it's his place to influence our union proceedings? Like I said before, he can want whatever he wants to want, but the fact is, it wasn't his decision to make. When he didn't get his way, he decided to play in the gutter. Real nice.

With US-Air/AmWest as the most recent precedent for an arbitrated SLI he could refer to, it does make it a little more understandable why GK may have chosen a different path for his airline.

BTW, if there was as much butchering of the Process Agreement by SWA as you keep alleging, where are all the lawsuits?

So many mismanaged expectations (both sides),so little time!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

I see this statement over and over and over again. Please cite actual wording from the document and present your case as to which portion was not followed. I want to see the actual language you feel was not followed.

On this point, I actually agree with the Southwest pilots. Gary never actually violated anything. He implied that he might violate it. And that mere implication caused all hell to break loose on our side of the partition. But he never actually broke the agreement, and to this day, I don't believe he would have. He just bluffed quite well, and we were incredibly gullible. The rest is history.

"He just bluffed quite well, and we were incredibly gullible."

If it makes you feel any better, he wasn't bluffing...

As of right now, nearly every FAT pilot over there went voluntarily. Conduct that survey again once integration is over.

What did I expect him to do? How about stay the hell out of it and let the process work like its supposed to. Like every other airline CEO does. By sticking his nose in and creating the animosity, he is responsible for alienating 30+% of his employees. Maybe he thought that would be better than actually doing what's fair and thereby pissing off the other 70%.

Yeah, I know, RSW guys are pissed too, except nobody thus far has been able to coherently articulate to me exactly why that is.

Be careful when you hope Gary acts like "every other airline CEO"

He may not be herb, but I do thank god he's internal and not like the rest

"He just bluffed quite well, and we were incredibly gullible."

If it makes you feel any better, he wasn't bluffing...

And that not bluffing wouldn't be breaking the process agreement

With US-Air/AmWest as the most recent precedent for an arbitrated SLI he could refer to, it does make it a little more understandable why GK may have chosen a different path for his airline.

Statements like that demonstrate a lack of understanding about the differences between the two integrations. It's been discussed before, don't feel like going down that road again. Suffice to say, they had different issues in play that allowed the integration to drag on.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back