• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

MaxBlast feeling the LUV!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't let the screen door hit you on your ass on your way out, Max. Take your f'in beanstalk with you.

Best of luck to him. A shame he got his head bitten off by the ATN Msg Board Bullies and clowns like Piggy, Big Sis and Slick whom didn't like when he kept pointing out the many inconvenient truths

Hopefully he was displaced. That would serve him right.
No, I wasn't involuntarily assigned training. With 65 ATL 717 CAs going to training in Jan/Feb 2014, my time at AirTran was limited as I probably would have been junior assigned training early next year. Since my wife is heading to Dallas for FA SMT on Nov 4, I figured we might as well head to training the same month.

Now he'll get to experience communting to the west coast
I could have held ATL, BWI, DAL, DEN, HOU, or MDW in the August SWA bid. I could have held ATL, BWI, DEN, HOU, or MDW in the September SWA bid. And for October, I could have held DAL, DEN, HOU, or MDW. So based on the last 3 months worth of vacancy bids at SWA, it looks like my commute will be less than 2 hours and I have a chance at holding ATL pretty quickly.

for less money
I can no longer hold PA-RLC so I am stuck at 78 hours of pay credit. That comes out to about $12.5K per month at AirTran for the duration of my career here. At SWA, 100 TFP of credit will exceed $12.5K per month. At AirTran, I accrue $970 of sick time per month. At SWA, I will easily accrue $1,300 (or more) of sick time per month (10% of monthly TFP credit). And the icing on the cake is a 1% reduction in my union dues (approximately $150/month).

Good for you. Now good riddance.

And the icing on the cake is a 1% reduction in my union dues (approximately $150/month).
Excuse me while I vomit. Trying to rewrite history right up to the end aren't you?

The "icing on the cake" is the massive seniority loss that you are about to get hit with, going back to right seat, not re-upgrading for 8-10 years and then when you do, being on Reserve with the worst RSV rules in the industry, taking a per hour block pay loss, and having to go from flying a fairly state of the art aircraft (717) to a piece of sh:t 737-300/500 all courtesy of your own shortsightedness, incompetence, and complete lack of understanding that nothing, absolutely NOTHING is more important than seniority.

I'm sure the SWAPA MC will be rolling out the red carpet to welcome back their best buddy.

Flying with a FAT CP (737), great dude...says he's making $30k/year less as a SWA FO and needs to fly 119 SWA FO trips/mo to make up the lost pay...I didn't press the acctg, but that is what he believes...

He is now going to be a SWA FO for 6+ years...

He upgraded in 2.5 years and flew the 717 and 737...(I didn't point out that because of the acq RSW FOs upgrades are extended)

But he likes working at SWA, enjoys the new/shorter commute, and feels welcome...

Phred, Ty, DV, you guys seem like good dudes...and there are plenty of good folks at SWA...it's the attitudes of the people that make a good job great...

Every FAT I have flown with has had a great/professional attitude and if that attitude is representative of the group, SWA is a stronger airline...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back