• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

MaxBlast feeling the LUV!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Max wasn't just some "numbers guy" bystander. He was manipulating the whole process, right down to who was in union office. Don't let him fool you.

You give Max too much credit. He just doesn't get the anger and rather than trying to understand it, he just goads folks into arguments. He is just being an a$$. Plain and simply.

While I do not disagree with him on everything, I will say I have zero respect for him. Heck, I'll have a beer with MJ, wave and red but I'd never even want to be at the same bar with max...even if he was buying.

Phred

Excuse me while I vomit. Trying to rewrite history right up to the end aren't you?

The "icing on the cake" is the massive seniority loss that you are about to get hit with, going back to right seat, not re-upgrading for 8-10 years and then when you do, being on Reserve with the worst RSV rules in the industry, taking a per hour block pay loss, and having to go from flying a fairly state of the art aircraft (717) to a piece of sh:t 737-300/500 all courtesy of your own shortsightedness, incompetence, and complete lack of understanding that nothing, absolutely NOTHING is more important than seniority.

I'm sure the SWAPA MC will be rolling out the red carpet to welcome back their best buddy.
I understand nothing is more important than seniority. You just aren't understanding that almost every pilot group overestimates the strength of their arbitration case. Why don't you go talk to the Continental Merger Committee.

Max wasn't just some "numbers guy" bystander. He was manipulating the whole process, right down to who was in union office. Don't let him fool you.
I was just clearing the way so the Merger Committee Chair and Vice Chair could do their job without some 30 year old know it all EVP interfering. The former Communication Chair turned MEC Chair was the lead man for the recall of Slick and Big Sis. I can't take credit for all "manipulating".

I understand nothing is more important than seniority. You just aren't understanding that almost every pilot group overestimates the strength of their arbitration case. Why don't you go talk to the Continental Merger Committee.

You mean the merger committee that basically made all of the same arguments that SWAPA was making? Yep, they are a great example of overestimating the strength of their case. And it would have turned out for SWAPA just how it turned out for them. You know, if you hadn't been involved and thrown up the white flag, that is.

You mean the merger committee that basically made all of the same arguments that SWAPA was making? Yep, they are a great example of overestimating the strength of their case. And it would have turned out for SWAPA just how it turned out for them. You know, if you hadn't been involved and thrown up the white flag, that is.
Yes, the United-Continental and Southwest-AirTran SLI arbitration cases were so similar:

"It became a marriage, if not quite of equals, at least of well-balanced parnters who filled each other's gaps to fram a new and stronger entity.

- from page 11 of the United/Continental SLI arbitration award"

"We are unpersuaded that this a merger of equals.

- from page 31 of a Southwest-AirTran SLI arbitration award"

"Additionally, the AirTran dispatchers, besides getting a windfall with pay and benefits, will also have the added benefit of joining a well established, financially solid Company where greater opportunities will be afforded.

- from page of 21 of a Southwest-AirTran SLI arbitration award"

Those quotes are all from NMB arbitrators. If NMB arbitrators don't view AirTran and Southwest as equals, how were the AirTran pilots going to get close to relative senioirity or even date of hire from an arbitration panel?

Remember what Nicolau said in 1990:

"That means arbitrators aren't bound by examples of other recent cases, and are instead free to shape an award that best fits the unique circumstances of that particular merger."

Good for you. Now good riddance.

So when are you transitioning P?

(Because we all know you will... Til delta calls after you've poisoned the well as much as you can)

Excuse me while I vomit. Trying to rewrite history right up to the end aren't you?

The "icing on the cake" is the massive seniority loss that you are about to get hit with, going back to right seat, not re-upgrading for 8-10 years and then when you do, being on Reserve with the worst RSV rules in the industry, taking a per hour block pay loss, and having to go from flying a fairly state of the art aircraft (717) to a piece of sh:t 737-300/500 all courtesy of your own shortsightedness, incompetence, and complete lack of understanding that nothing, absolutely NOTHING is more important than seniority.

I'm sure the SWAPA MC will be rolling out the red carpet to welcome back their best buddy.

I predict you'll eat those words in time...JMP

And you're super credible in the "manipulating the process" department, right?

You give Max too much credit. He just doesn't get the anger and rather than trying to understand it, he just goads folks into arguments. He is just being an a$$. Plain and simply.

While I do not disagree with him on everything, I will say I have zero respect for him. Heck, I'll have a beer with MJ, wave andred but I'd never even want to be at the same bar with max...even if he was buying.

Phred

I be honored to have a beer together Phred. I get sucked into these BS debates, but in the end..look forward to making this place better with hopefully some growth. For everyone's sake.

200 to be hired on the bottom. Hopefully more to come with the international puzzle gets plugged into the SW system.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back