• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Major intentions for regionals

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sounds like an admission of guilt to me. GL is not a pilot. Time for everyone to just add him to the ignore list. Fraud exposed.

Ahahahaha! How does anyone know you're a pilot? And, you seem paranoid. How many other names do I supposedly have on here according to you? How did you pass the MMPI test at the psych? One of those questions was "I think people are following me...." See, you wouldn't have passed that test or the psych. Nope.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
This entire site has become pathetic, shame because it use to be informative and enjoyable.

I honestly try to participate, but some on here don't want to.

Bye Bye---General Lee

The majors are going to whipsaw,browbeat, threaten, whatever it takes to get their regional services supplied cheaply...large unionised regionals are mama major's worst enemy, and like Comair...will die off...and as long as the regional players are happy to low ball bids and undercut each other at every turn, the majors will keep on smiling, and the "proper" regional airlines will disappear, leaving the bottom feeders to fight over the flying...and while you hide behind your skirts bitching about the General....you might have a closer look at what he's saying...

The majors are going to whipsaw,browbeat, threaten, whatever it takes to get their regional services supplied cheaply...large unionised regionals are mama major's worst enemy, and like Comair...will die off...and as long as the regional players are happy to low ball bids and undercut each other at every turn, the majors will keep on smiling, and the "proper" regional airlines will disappear, leaving the bottom feeders to fight over the flying...and while you hide behind your skirts bitching about the General....you might have a closer look at what he's saying...

Yeah, and 15,000 positions at the legacies... Nothing new added by your post except maybe the skirt remark. Maybe you can go find something new to add then come back.

Last edited:
Yeah, and 15,000 positions at the legacies... Nothing new added by your post except maybe the skirt remark. Maybe you can go find something new to add then come back.

Forgot those sweet 88 717's Delta is getting as well!!

Forgot those sweet 88 717's Delta is getting as well!!

From a Businessweek article out today, entitled:
"With Pilot Shortage, Regional Airlines Search for Someone to Pay Rising Costs"
By Justin Bachman February 28, 2014

The last two paragraphs:

"Another regional airline, Great Lakes, is pulling 10 seats from its 19-seat Beechcraft turboprops so its pilots can qualify to fly under different federal rules. One of the more interesting tactics is a scheme by Delta to replace regional jets with larger planes, part of a deal it struck in its last pilot contract. Delta acquired 88 Boeing 717s fromSouthwest Airlines, even getting the seller to kick in $100 million for new paint and other refurbishments, which it now deploys on short-to-medium routes such as Huntsville, Ala., and Savannah, Ga.

"The confluence of events suggested to me that [Delta CEO] Richard Anderson was reading the tea leaves," Akins says. "He saw what was coming with the regionals."

Looks like the 88 717s were a smart move....

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Hey Jenny, is Deltahhh getting 717s? How come you haven't told us before! Such a troll....

Hey Jenny, is Deltahhh getting 717s? How come you haven't told us before! Such a troll....

Didn't read the excerpt from the article, Freebrd? Didn't think so. Looks like others think the 717s were a smart idea, and refutes the naysayers like yourself. You not having a good response makes you the troll.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Hey putz, I'm being sarcastic because you repeat the same thing over and over. We know, we get it Jenny. Unfortunately you allowed more larger RJs at Deltahh when everyone knew the 50 seaters are going bye bye, so looks like to me RA put one over on you, again. Thanks for holding the line putz.

Latest resources

Back