Major intentions for regionals

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Will they fit in his mom's basement?:eek:

Do you mean her basement or "her basement"? Ask Genny for the former and Uncle Steve for the latter.....

Last edited:
I don't see that at all. Consolidation has created 3 power houses!

GL, You don't see much retard!! The 3 power houses are your Mom and dads, your Grandpa and Grandmas and your Aunt and Uncles!!!!! free internet and pizza!!!! No one on this planet can have that many post on a website and hold a full time job!!! Did they start to consolidate your pizza and internet time? You poor fukker!!

I don't see that at all. Consolidation has created 3 power houses!

GL, You don't see much retard!! The 3 power houses are your Mom and dads, your Grandpa and Grandmas and your Aunt and Uncles!!!!! free internet and pizza!!!! No one on this planet can have that many post on a website and hold a full time job!!! Did they start to consolidate your pizza and internet time? You poor fukker!!

Wow, you're cool!! So, who are you again? Oh, wait, you're a NOBODY. Bye Elmer Dudd!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Hey Jenny, I heard y'all are getting 717s! Is that correct? :eek:

Yeah, DL is getting 88 of them, and you have no chance of flying any of them. Vietnam may be calling you again, this time right seat on an ATR-72.

Bye Bye---General Lee

No PBR, SKW currently flies most of the West Coast flights for DL because SKW has bases and assets out West. But, that is changing. Compass now has an LAX base thanks to mainline 717s being introduced in DTW, taking current Compass routes. Compass has steadily taken a lot of previous SKW CR9 routes, like all of the LAX-SFO flights.

Yes, and no. The E-175s are going on "premium" routes, but the CR9's are still staying west coast. Have you paid attention to SEA lately? There's where all of the shifted assets are going.

And they can keep LAX-SFO. As if dealing with UA to SFO wasn't bad enough.

Several years ago, I was of the opinion that the regional airlines would eventually be absorbed by their mainline partners. However the more I look at it, and the more I think about it, I highly doubt this to be true. Even if this were to occur, by the time it did, most of the pilots will have already made the move, and those that stayed at a regional would find themselves being absorbed to the bottom of a VERY long list. In short- much better to just get out at the first opportunity, long before this scenario becomes an option.

Truthfully, I think the major airlines will eventually have to absorb the 76 seat flying, in order to cover this market. It is my opinion, that in order to attract pilots, there will have to be a mainline carrot. I feel that the majors will look long and hard at hiring their own pilots to fill these vacancies, as the 76 seaters come off contract with their regional partners. We will see which airline does this first, but I'm convinced the days of the large RJ's at regional partners is growing darker by the year.

Several years ago, I was of the opinion that the regional airlines would eventually be absorbed by their mainline partners. However the more I look at it, and the more I think about it, I highly doubt this to be true. Even if this were to occur, by the time it did, most of the pilots will have already made the move, and those that stayed at a regional would find themselves being absorbed to the bottom of a VERY long list. In short- much better to just get out at the first opportunity, long before this scenario becomes an option.

Truthfully, I think the major airlines will eventually have to absorb the 76 seat flying, in order to cover this market. It is my opinion, that in order to attract pilots, there will have to be a mainline carrot. I feel that the majors will look long and hard at hiring their own pilots to fill these vacancies, as the 76 seaters come off contract with their regional partners. We will see which airline does this first, but I'm convinced the days of the large RJ's at regional partners is growing darker by the year.

Majors have bigger fish to fry than to worry about taking on the less than 100 seat market..If anything, I would be willing to bet you see regionals continuing to fill this niche...

Yeah, DL is getting 88 of them, and you have no chance of flying any of them. Vietnam may be calling you again, this time right seat on an ATR-72.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Cool....I'll go back, it was fun. Especially w/ the opposite sex, of which you know nothing of you putz! :)

Yes, and no. The E-175s are going on "premium" routes, but the CR9's are still staying west coast. Have you paid attention to SEA lately? There's where all of the shifted assets are going.

And they can keep LAX-SFO. As if dealing with UA to SFO wasn't bad enough.

Uhhhhh, the plan will be more of your CR9s will be moving back to SLC routes, as Compass fills in more North to South West Coast. The President of Delta stated the plan was to eliminate single class cabins at the SLC hub within the next couple years, meaning fewer 50 seaters. And, rumors abound that some 717s may find their way West, with the first two flights recently announced to LAX from AUS. More will likely follow, and that should help move planes back to SLC.

Btw, DL deals with UA all over the World, and they add service where they think they can make money and take market share. I think they can figure it out...

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back