Major intentions for regionals

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Really Genny,
You are sitting in your moms basement, while I am sitting in a hotel on a trip. The reality of the situation is, the industry does whatever it thinks will secure the best ROI, pilots are just cost units to be managed. If SKYW is flying for a major, it's because the major wants them to, because in the bottom line it works. If it didn't they would find a way al la Freedum, and nullify the contracts that way.
DAL could void the SKYW contract by simply hiring 600-1000 SKYW pilot to insure that they didn't get caught short by "the pilot shortage", and wait for the failure to satisfy the contract moment then, Freedum SKYW. UAL could do the same, it was done to Freedum, so it's not like it's a secret process.
They haven't done it yet, doesn't mean they won't, if they do then, that's what they do. Nothing I can do except take my skills to another field, I have a couple of options, do you? I guess you could shake the Olive Garden sign instead of Pizza Hut one.

If you fly at .65 Mach, it's a money maker.

Problem is: sectors are blocked too low; ATC hates it; outstation ops will screw you every time, requiring you to fly Mach .77 to make up the 8 minutes you lost waiting to get parked and pushed. Multiply this 7 X day and you get the idea...

Really Genny,
You are sitting in your moms basement, while I am sitting in a hotel on a trip. The reality of the situation is, the industry does whatever it thinks will secure the best ROI, pilots are just cost units to be managed. If SKYW is flying for a major, it's because the major wants them to, because in the bottom line it works. If it didn't they would find a way al la Freedum, and nullify the contracts that way.
DAL could void the SKYW contract by simply hiring 600-1000 SKYW pilot to insure that they didn't get caught short by "the pilot shortage", and wait for the failure to satisfy the contract moment then, Freedum SKYW. UAL could do the same, it was done to Freedum, so it's not like it's a secret process.
They haven't done it yet, doesn't mean they won't, if they do then, that's what they do. Nothing I can do except take my skills to another field, I have a couple of options, do you? I guess you could shake the Olive Garden sign instead of Pizza Hut one.

No PBR, SKW currently flies most of the West Coast flights for DL because SKW has bases and assets out West. But, that is changing. Compass now has an LAX base thanks to mainline 717s being introduced in DTW, taking current Compass routes. Compass has steadily taken a lot of previous SKW CR9 routes, like all of the LAX-SFO flights. This will continue as more 717s push E175s out of DTW as they come online. As far as hiring goes, DL hiring is just starting, mainly with Mesaba and Compass flow ups. When things really ramp up coming up here, that's when Regional Capts will be in high demand, at all 3 legacies. The problem you guys have now is not Capts leaving, but fewer people showing up for initial classes. Didn't you see the memo your company sent to current Republic pilots? Talk about desperate. Not enough getting hired combined EVENTUALLY with many at the top leaving, and that spells trouble.

Hey, did you hear 2 daily 717s will be flying AUS to LAX starting June 16th? That's just the start too.

And you have a couple other skills? Really? Creative writing is not one of them. I don't really need another one, I have almost 5000 pilots junior to me. Not bad!! And I'm in your Mom's basement. I think she is waving at me right now with both hands. Wait, those aren't hands.....

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Look at DTW to TVC (Traverse City, MI) this Summer. 4 daily mainline 717s and one RJ, vs last year 5 RJs and one overnighting mainline. Same type of examples at AA with new A319s.

Not sure where you're seeing this all I see is RJ's and 1 mainline flight.

Not sure where you're seeing this all I see is RJ's and 1 mainline flight.

It's loaded in the desktop timetable. Here are the rest of the flights out of TVC starting June 9th: all seasonal

DTW - 5 flights/day; 4x 717, 1x CRJ
MSP - 3-4 flight/day, 3x CRJ, 1x A319
ATL - 1-2 weekly; CR7 on Sat/Sun
LGA - 4x per week; 1x CR7 Fri & 3x CR7 Sat

It also stated 2 daily 717s from AUS to LAX and back starting June 16th.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
It's loaded in the desktop timetable. Here are the rest of the flights out of TVC starting June 9th: all seasonal

DTW - 5 flights/day; 4x 717, 1x CRJ
MSP - 3-4 flight/day, 3x CRJ, 1x A319
ATL - 1-2 weekly; CR7 on Sat/Sun
LGA - 4x per week; 1x CR7 Fri & 3x CR7 Sat

It also stated 2 daily 717s from AUS to LAX and back starting June 16th.

Bye Bye---General Lee

So basically Delta is getting close to doing what Northwest did years ago.... YAWN. I'd rather they figure out the de-peaking model NWA had in the hubs so I don't have to keep sitting in the pad for an hour in GRR or SBN. Among the many other ways Delta took NWA back 20 years to merge.

Last edited:
So basically Delta is getting close to doing what Northwest did years ago.... YAWN. I'd rather they figure out the de-peaking model NWA had in the hubs so I don't have to keep sitting in the pad for an hour in GRR or SBN. Among the many other ways Delta took NWA back 20 years to merge.

Ouch...grouchy..... Look, DL is now a money making machine with a HAPPIER employee group overall, something NWA never really had. They were the "Cobras" that would "strike at anything." Not anymore, those senior FNWA pilots are now happier with bases in LA, ATL, SLC, etc and don't have to fly out of MSP or DTW anymore. A much happier group of pilots now, with better chances for higher pay and benefits. Maybe someday you will join too, but don't use that attitude at the interview. Good luck.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Latest resources

Back