• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

LUV posts 4th quarter/full year profit.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I got a four degree just to be in the airline pilot business. That cost me tens of thousands of dollars.

I had to pay for my private, instrument, commercial, multi, CFI, CFII, CFIMEI, ATP and the FE written tests (three times) just to qualify for a job with a major airlines in the late 70's to early 80's.

The 737 type easily beats the price of all the other ratings airlines required for application.

Agreed. It's definitely a brotherhood here. Everyone went through the type process and is enjoying the many benefits of LUV life.

ok ok ok, I will say... riding on southwest is like riding on a redneck bus, like a damn sardine! not very comfortable. Buuuuuuut! It's cheap, 98% of everyone is professional and friendly and that's what sells. And just about every flight is fu***ng jammed packed!!!

ok ok ok, I will say... riding on southwest is like riding on a redneck bus, like a damn sardine! not very comfortable. Buuuuuuut! It's cheap, 98% of everyone is professional and friendly and that's what sells. And just about every flight is fu***ng jammed packed!!!

Let's see...our seat pitch is among the most generous of any airline coach cabin and our system load factor is the lowest of any major airline. Are you sure you've actually rode on Southwest Airlines before?

Let's see...our seat pitch is among the most generous of any airline coach cabin and our system load factor is the lowest of any major airline. Are you sure you've actually rode on Southwest Airlines before?

huh, interesting. I guess American are just fatter than ever, cuz that place was cramped and looked like a claustrophobics nightmare.

ok ok ok, I will say... riding on southwest is like riding on a redneck bus, like a damn sardine! not very comfortable.

It's not as bad as Delta, American or United yet. Now those fares are really CHEAP, and it sure is drawing the redneck crowd.

If you think SW is cramped, ride on the same exact model with Airtran. A 737-700.

Nothing against AirTran but they hold the same number of passengers (137) with a first class section. Guess where the difference is...

Seat pitch.

True, 137 with business class. We took out the closet and rear galley though to accommodate the two class config. That freed up a little space for leg room (emphasis on little). You've got to see the circus at the gate though...pax boarding + catering trying to do their job on both sides of the entrance + stews and pilots = clusterf*ck

BTW, congrats to SWA. Good to see at least some airlines making a little $$.

Latest resources

Back