• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

LUV posts 4th quarter/full year profit.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
True, 137 with business class. We took out the closet and rear galley though to accommodate the two class config. That freed up a little space for leg room (emphasis on little). You've got to see the circus at the gate though...pax boarding + catering trying to do their job on both sides of the entrance + stews and pilots = clusterf*ck

BTW, congrats to SWA. Good to see at least some airlines making a little $$.

Thanks to you, and thanks to satpak!...

Any idea what constitutes "competitive" mins at Southwest? I'm thinking of getting my type this summer in anticipation that things might pick up before too long. But before I plunk down my $7,300 I'd like to make sure I'm at least in the ballpark.

Right now I'm at about 253.7 total time, but eighteen of it's cross-country night, so ...

Any idea what constitutes "competitive" mins at Southwest? I'm thinking of getting my type this summer in anticipation that things might pick up before too long. But before I plunk down my $7,300 I'd like to make sure I'm at least in the ballpark.

Right now I'm at about 253.7 total time, but eighteen of it's cross-country night, so ...

considering your post isn't flame-bait, from the new guys that I've met the past few years that have toured dispatch.... the average was about 3500 hrs..... a good mix of mil and civ..... most of the civ. were captains for a at least a few years

A couple years a go competitive was:

4 yr degree
Civilian 6000+ hrs
2000+ Turbine PIC
A type and/or Check Pilot helped a bunch

How, where, time period, progression of quality of time are all factors too.

There were Mil guys in my class with as little as 1800 hrs.

Hey Whataburger......The mil guys were allowed in with 1800 because the mil guys are better than the civ guys....:)

I only have 1900 or so total (including other - jump seat time). But I'm pretty sure that I'm good. If not, I heard they don't check up, so you can fudge the times. If your military that is.

wow
pretty cool

M

You'll need to go on about a 4-500 man homicidal rage before we will need to hire anyone, but if you're up to it, I'll get you a list.

Latest resources

Back